Swayla

Gold/silver + other rares luck

I have a question for y'all; what is your luck with finding Gold and Silver dragons in the cave? What about the Cheese and Paper dragons, the dinos, chicken, and leetle tree?

I've managed to find a Cheese dragon and two Golds in the cave; I've never seen any of the others pop up, and even if I did I probably wouldn't be fast enough cx What is your guys' luck with these super rare lil guys? Do you have a ratio of ones you tend to find compared to others? I seem to have the best luck with Golds; two isn't a lot but I've seen them the most often. I'm hoping to one day get lucky; I want to collect every dragon as a CB (minus the hybrids and ones you need to breed for of course!)

I'm super unlucky with Golds. I've been here for more than ten years and managed to get ONE (the month after I registered XD). I may have seen two or three others in that time, but not in the past couple of years.

I'm a bit better with CB Silvers. I own nine. I believe 3-4 were from trades, though. The last one I got was four years ago, and I don't remember seeing one in the past years either.

I do see (and snatch up) dinos and chickens from time to time, and Papers, too, although not recently.  I've seen some Leetle Trees, too, but as I got mine roughly two months after registration, I didn't pay much attention.

Let's not even mention Staterae - I got all of mine from the Market.

It's one of the reasons why I don't play as much (or as enthusiastically) as I used to.

Luck varies a lot. Most of the time they come in "waves" over a prolonged consistency of hunting. I also like to code hunt so it helps that I check the 5-min refreshes frequently.

GSS (Gold/Silver/Staterae) are the most valuable, but sometimes I do see more Golds/Silvers in cave than I do Coppers even though all 3 are in every biome. I'd say the most important trait when going for rares is reaction speed. You can have a fast connection, but if you're slow to react you'll be beat by someone with a slower connection. It's also important to be consistently hunting. I can almost always guarantee either a Silver/Gold/Stat in a week's worth of hunting (1-4 hours of hunting, usually 2-3 hours a day).

For unbreedables I strongly suggest camping in Jungle and farming Dinos. They spawn good enough and you can always trade them off for other Dino colors or for other unbreedables with relative ease at a 1:1 ratio unless you prefer catching your own stuff.

Personally for me off values/rarity:

1) Stat

2) Gold

3) Silver

4) Aeon

5) Copper
6) Unbreedables (My opinion on value: Chickens>Dinos>Paper>Cheese)

7) Blusangs

8] Trios

4 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I'm super unlucky with Golds. I've been here for more than ten years and managed to get ONE (the month after I registered XD). I may have seen two or three others in that time, but not in the past couple of years.

I'm a bit better with CB Silvers. I own nine. I believe 3-4 were from trades, though. The last one I got was four years ago, and I don't remember seeing one in the past years either.

I do see (and snatch up) dinos and chickens from time to time, and Papers, too, although not recently.  I've seen some Leetle Trees, too, but as I got mine roughly two months after registration, I didn't pay much attention.

Let's not even mention Staterae - I got all of mine from the Market.

It's one of the reasons why I don't play as much (or as enthusiastically) as I used to.

10 years with that luck?! I am so sorry, omg!! Lowers my hope of finding my own a little bit X) I hope one day you stumble upon something really rare and cool!! 

2 hours ago, Laugh said:

Luck varies a lot. Most of the time they come in "waves" over a prolonged consistency of hunting. I also like to code hunt so it helps that I check the 5-min refreshes frequently.

GSS (Gold/Silver/Staterae) are the most valuable, but sometimes I do see more Golds/Silvers in cave than I do Coppers even though all 3 are in every biome. I'd say the most important trait when going for rares is reaction speed. You can have a fast connection, but if you're slow to react you'll be beat by someone with a slower connection. It's also important to be consistently hunting. I can almost always guarantee either a Silver/Gold/Stat in a week's worth of hunting (1-4 hours of hunting, usually 2-3 hours a day).

For unbreedables I strongly suggest camping in Jungle and farming Dinos. They spawn good enough and you can always trade them off for other Dino colors or for other unbreedables with relative ease at a 1:1 ratio unless you prefer catching your own stuff.

Personally for me off values/rarity:

1) Stat

2) Gold

3) Silver

4) Aeon

5) Copper
6) Unbreedables (My opinion on value: Chickens>Dinos>Paper>Cheese)

7) Blusangs

8] Trios

Very interesting!! I like hearing other peoples’ experiences. I do have pretty bad reflexes; I recall missing two magmas and a thunder dragon. And these were on mobile, where I can tap super fast! I’m just bad at reacting, I swear some people have the reaction time of a NASA supercomputer! 

Very good advice, thank you! The most I’ve searched is like an hour, I should do it more often. Also, I had no idea Blusangs were rare! Why is that? They seem like such a regular DragCave dragon. 

I've also been here over 10 years and I'm not sure I've ever seen a Gold or Silver in the cave. The unbreedables show up often enough, I caught most of my own myself, although it took some time.

returned to the site in september after a long hiatus & been very active since reviving. so far i've seen one gold & one copper in the cave; for unbreedables, i've seen a couple dinos, a cheese, & caught a paper. i've actually seen a couple instances of a leetle tree showing up & hanging around in the cave for a minute or two before it was grabbed, presumably since you can only take one per scroll, they're not in high demand when they do show up.

i've actually gotten lucky with trades more often than hunting, but admittedly i haven't spent much time consistently hunting :V

I can’t catch Stats or Golds to save my life. The ones I do have were trades or gifts. 

I’ve caught 4 CB Silvers so far this year, mostly for Secret Santa and one because I got extremely tired of trying to catch the Xocoatls I missed last year and figured it would be easier to catch trade fodder. So I’d say Silvers are manageable with good internet.

Dinos are the easiest Unbreedables in my opinion because you know they’ll be in the Jungle and there are several colours, so more are dropping. They are however also very desirable because people are trying to collect all the colours. I think I’d put them before Chickens even.