Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yo,

DustyRetro, but you can call me Dusty 🐇

Technically been a member of the main site since 2012, but wasn't on for a number of years so let's say I "rejoined" 2023 (re: found my old logins + got account renamed). Relearning how everything works and where I left off.

Don't think I knew there was a forum, so I'll be digging around a bit. Seeing what all it has to offer and that I can contribute to. (Little shy with forums, so I'll likely lurk for a while first.)

Any advice is welcome, as well as recommendations for artsy/crafty topics to look into. :V

Also, if there's a place to compliment folks on their dragons description, I'd love to know! Seen a few so far I thought were lovely. Y'all be creative!

Thank you for reading. : > (<-edited to get rid of the auto-fill emoji.)

Hello and welcome back! Nothing wrong with lurking. :) 

We don't really have a place to compliment dragon descriptions that I could find, sorry!

You can check out people's art and share your own in the Original Works forum.

Here are my tips:

1. Start with the Help section for basics on how the game works and some terminology. 

2. Use fansites to grow your eggs and hatchlings. You shouldn't need to use more than three if you choose the right ones; I use Allure of Neglected Dragons and Silvi's Lair. Here is the list of fansites to choose from. I've also used DragHatch and Valley Sherwood and they're both excellent.

3. Don't add your dragons to fansites when they're too young, if they get too many views too fast they could get sick (softshell) and die. I add mine around 6d5h left for eggs, and 5d23h left during higher traffic times like holiday releases.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!