Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello all!

Been a member since 2009 and played actively for the first few years. I took a break from Dragon Cave for a few years, would check back in sporadically every now and again, and would say I made a full return in 2024. It's fun to see that the core mechanic of the game is still the same as it was back then. The sprites have improved SO much and the dragons look better than ever. I love discovering the newly added breeds, or raising familiair ones. 

It scratches a nostalgia itch for sure. You can call me whatever you like. Tips are welcomed as I will admit that any knowledge of how to play this game has sank away to the depths of my brain never to be retrieved again! 

Cheers! 

Hello and welcome back! I really need to play Baldur's Gate 3. :) 

Here's a list of tips I like to share:

1. Start with the Help section for basics on how the game works and some terminology. 

2. Use fansites to grow your eggs and hatchlings. You shouldn't need to use more than three if you choose the right ones; I use Allure of Neglected Dragons and Silvi's Lair. Here is the list of fansites to choose from. I've also used DragHatch and Valley Sherwood and they're both excellent.

3. Don't add your dragons to fansites when they're too young, if they get too many views too fast they could get sick (softshell) and die. I add mine around 6d5h left for eggs, and 5d23h left during higher traffic times like holiday releases.

14 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Hello and welcome back! I really need to play Baldur's Gate 3. :) 

Here's a list of tips I like to share:

1. Start with the Help section for basics on how the game works and some terminology. 

2. Use fansites to grow your eggs and hatchlings. You shouldn't need to use more than three if you choose the right ones; I use Allure of Neglected Dragons and Silvi's Lair. Here is the list of fansites to choose from. I've also used DragHatch and Valley Sherwood and they're both excellent.

3. Don't add your dragons to fansites when they're too young, if they get too many views too fast they could get sick (softshell) and die. I add mine around 6d5h left for eggs, and 5d23h left during higher traffic times like holiday releases.

Thank you for the welcome and the tips! I usually stuck to using 2 click sites at most. I'd add them to one, usually Valley Sherwood, and after about a day I'd add them to Allure of Neglected Dragon. Worked like a charm. Good to know that a max of three is also possible, so I'll be trying out your technique for sure.

Also, yes, go and play BG3. It's amazing 😛