Clark_Kent

ANSWERED:Banned from trade (inquiry, not looking to appeal)

Go to solution Solved by TJ09,

I was just banned from public trading for 7 days and am just curious why so that I can prevent it happening again. This was the message I received when going into my notifications:

The following trade messages were reported and may have contributed to this restriction. Not all these messages may violate the rules:

2-3 Blue Metafarers please! ANY lineage!
2-3 Blue Metafarers please! ANY lineage!
4 G2/G1 Astrael hatchlings. Please DM me in the forums for IOUs!
1 CB false headed hydra is auto. Will take an IOU in forums.

For reference, the rules for trading are as follows:

Describe what you’re offering and/or help others understand what types of offers you are looking for. If creating a public trade, your message should be applicable to many people using the trading hub, not just a specific person. Off-site links are forbidden.

I'm assuming the problem either has to do with the mention of forums, or IOUs, or both. I've been away from DC for a bit but have seen other trades mention the forums and can't find anything regarding IOUs not being allowed.

I just want to know what I have done wrong so that I don't mistakenly go against TOS again once the ban is lifted.

This is not an appeal to have the ban lifted early. I understand I did something wrong and am willing to wait a week before publicly trading again.

Hey, I know you aren't supposed to mention specific users, so that's why the ones with my name got flagged. Not sure about the iou/forum thing, as the rules aren't exactly clear. There's been discussion about updating the rules to be clearer lately, which might help, for now I would avoid mentioning ious at least, idk if mentioning you accept forum dms is ok though.

Posted Solution

• IOUs are not allowed. "Will take an IOU" does not "describe what you're offering" and it does not "help others understand what types of offers you are looking for."
  • Harassing specific users in public trades is not allowed either.

Thank you for the explanation! I will avoid doing so in future trades :) 

Also omg! 😧 I Am so sorry @Metafarers!! I think I meant to be asking for the 2013 holiday dragons in that post. I must have had your username on copy and paste by mistake. I am so sorry! I'll do my best to not write someone's username in the description box in the future. I truly hope I didn't upset you in any way, and apologies if I did.

Edited by Clark_Kent
Added apologies.