Ferven

So I found a game thats oddly similar to Dragon Cave

It's an app called Dragon Village Collector. So far to me it seems pretty well made and has some beautiful art, and the actual gameplay has quite a few differences to Dragon Cave. However... there are a lot of mechanics that are suspiciously similar. The dragons get sick if they are cared for too much. When collecting dragons they are an egg sprite with a question mark and you have to read the description to figure out what it is. Some of the dragon abilities are almost the same word for word (angel dragon in DVC and soulpeace in DC). The egg limit and total limit are the same. There are other things too.

Now I don't actually think any of this is enough to really be considered *wrong* but I do find it interesting and I'm curious if anyone else here has seen this game and also noticed these things.

it's obvious they were heavily inspired by DC. I don't mind at all personally, I've been a fan of DC for ages so it's awesome to see a new game that takes all my favorite things about DC and expands on them. I love the level of interaction you have with your dragons, and the music and animation adds a lot 💜

it's come up a few times in the official discord, to the point where we had to request a thread because we got too spammy hehe. we even have our own DC guild on the american server :3

I thought so too! One of the biggest appeals DC had to me was the designs (I feel so many mobile dragon focused raising games have some... questionable "designs") so it's nice to see a game like that with mostly good designs while still keeping the convenience of being an app. 

If anyone is curious later here's the game to check it out! There's also a pretty good wiki on it to help out.

On 2/11/2024 at 5:34 AM, Cinnamonear said:

You should announce TJ of that. He owns copyrights over the site.

image.png.bc9a9de5002a4d327a953ed9611faf49.png

TJ has stated that yes he has copyright of DC, but he does not own the play style. Therefore there is no reason to do so. TJ has been aware of DVC since August when it globally released. There are members who do actively play it too.