Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

It was humid today instead of that hot, dry heat from the last like week or so. Sorta nice in a way... Made it more bearable. 

Honestly... I'd rather be cold... Just it was a bit nice to feel a little bit of water in the air today. 

3 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

living in Georgia

oh i'm so sorry.

to be fair, one thing on my wish list is Dragon*Con - Atlanta during Labor Day weekend? ew.

4 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Too expensive.

this is the main reason i haven't been yet.

i'd need gas for travel, time off from work, a hotel.... of course the expensive tickets as well.

yeah.

the distance and the heat are further down the list XD 

I don't live that far away from Atlanta either is the problem. Just... to much money, and it'd be hot and loud... 

I've been to conventions before though! They're fun, just... a lot. And exhausting. 

yeah, I get that. I've been to BaltiCon twice, PhilaCon, a Creation Con, and had a LOT of fun. and each year DragonCon has such awesome guests .... the late 90s, early 00s guest lists were amazing.

but yeah, lotta money that I don't have

I've been to AWA several times, which is the largest anime convention in the southeast, if I remember right. 

So I hear Bestie say they found Daisy, and I look up to see her on top of a guinea pig cage, trying to hit one of their toys that hang from the top of the cage. She's insane. lol

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

Bright and sunny. I got up early and drove out west to the new house. I'd forgotten until I got there that my security swipe card expired two weeks ago so I have to stop and renew it on my way to work.

12 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

What a beautiful tree. But I bet the leaves and flowers get everywhere. lol

They are very messy trees! But beautiful!

12 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Visited Mom and brother today. They're doing alright. 

:) *hugs*

Edited by Lagie
Typo

Daisy is displeased since she now has had her first dose of flea meds. She did not approve. 

For like two seconds. Now she's fine. lol

XD Silly kitty.

Quietish sales day but steady donations as usual.

16 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I've been to AWA several times, which is the largest anime convention in the southeast, if I remember right. 

oh very cool.

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

I got up early and drove out west to the new house. I'd forgotten until I got there that my security swipe card expired two weeks ago so I have to stop and renew it on my way to work.

oopsie.

31 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

She did not approve. 

For like two seconds.

yeah, that sounds about right.

So Romeo had a follow-up vet visit today, because Monday he was scooching around on his butt a lot, and it was not pretty. Turns out the Butterball gained like a pound and a half in the last month, and the vet was not happy at all. She suggested giving him only a little bit of crunchies every day and that's it.....but he likes his crunchies, he's not a fan of the canned food. They gave him a sanitary shave, and this will be interesting, Because basically he's too... big.... to actually clean himself, he can't do it. I shouldn't be laughing, but I kind of am XD 

Just now, trystan said:

oopsie.

The lady wasn't there. :rolleyes: I had to stop on the way back this afternoon.

Silly kitty to Romeo, too. XD

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The lady wasn't there. :rolleyes: I had to stop on the way back this afternoon.

Silly kitty to Romeo, too. XD

oof.

and yes.... yes he is. XD 

Three years ago, security told me 'go to the security office'. The property owner office told me 'go to the security office'. I go to the security office and the lady there gets mad and tells me I have to go to South Ocean, then processes my card. :P The next year, I ask security 'where is South Ocean?' and they tell me 'just go to the security office'. So I do. See above. :P Last year, I asked the property owner office 'where is South Ocean' and they tell me (say it with me) 'just go to the security office'. So I do. See above. This year, I just went straight to the security office, twice, and said to the lady, 'I know you'll get mad at me but I don't know where South Ocean is.' She renewed my card, without grumbling at me. :rolleyes:

I know, right? Typical Bahamian 'let's make things as difficult as possible'. In the world Ease of Doing Business list, we are after Palestine and the Gaza Strip. :blink:

On MSNBC just now, some guy said he'd vote for Biden, even if he were dead (i.e. if Biden were dead), then added 'and I'm a Republican.'

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.59ce3c8216bfb579b63fdb367e96bae3.png

I am watching these two fellows for the next 10 days.  They are really confused and upset right now because this is their third move in the last two months!

Dark one is Midnight and the orange one is Tommy.

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Typical Bahamian 'let's make things as difficult as possible'. In the world Ease of Doing Business list, we are after Palestine and the Gaza Strip. :blink:

oof, i'm sorry.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

On MSNBC just now, some guy said he'd vote for Biden, even if he were dead (i.e. if Biden were dead), then added 'and I'm a Republican.'

sounds like something my hubby might say XD 

43 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am watching these two fellows for the next 10 days.  They are really confused and upset right now because this is their third move in the last two months!

awwww, hopefully they calm down soon.  give them some pets for me, if they let you.

Gizmo couldn't clean herself either! She was like 20 pounds at her biggest! 

Pippin can still clean himself mostly, but... we get sanitary cuts now anyway. Just to be sure, since he is 14. 

Romeo did have a sanitary trim when he went for his grooming in like march, i think? but our credit cards and bank account aren't liking the state of things right now. *sigh*

Edited by trystan