Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

Nothing much happening here today. 

Emma has been pretty good about the cactus today. ^^

so i worked 10 to 2 today. i get the hours if we still had all our regular registers - there'd be someone who would be 9-1 and someone 1-5, and i'd most likely be backup for those people.  but now that we have three self-checkouts (which more people seem to be all right with this weekend), so i don't know, it was weird.

Well, that's no fun. I dislike self-checkouts.

One of the lightning strikes seems to have poofed the cable TV. I'm not sure if it's the box or the input, but so far no luck in getting it back. At least I still have internet.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Well, that's no fun. I dislike self-checkouts.

yeah, i get that. i use self-checkouts at the supermarket though....

I use self-checkouts at stores if I can, especially if I only have a few things... Kroger near us is notorious with only having one lane open. 

oof.

one of our managers said that when customers complain about the self-checkouts, we should tell them that complaining customers are why we have them.... customers complained about the lines, so now there's self-checkouts so they can do it themselves.

and here's a funny - the store likes to keep track of how many people we sign up for rewards and a few other metrics they track.  all our numbers are bottomed out mostly, and corporate might get weird at that? we shall see.

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Emma has been pretty good about the cactus today. ^^

nice nice

I mean.......what's to complain about the self-checkout? the lines? if it's a busy day at the store everywhere might have lines, just gotta live with it

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny this morning. Still wet from yesterday's rains.

I don't know what this turtle is living off of. I've been putting out the lettuce leaves and banana as instructed and they never get eaten.

was off today - church this morning, and then our annual meeting after.

i almost took a nap when i got home, but then my mom called.

now it's after dinner and here i am :) 

i was checking my work schedule to see when i was working on Friday (which is the next time I'll be breeding my dragons for the 20 week challenge and i *was* scheduled 10-2, but when i looked at Friday, it was changed to 9-1.  it's not really a big deal but...... i wonder if i want to text the manager who does the schedule and say 'thanks for letting me know about my schedule change for friday. :)

since i looked, i was able to change it in my google calendar.  if i wasn't so obsessive about checking it all the time (to make sure they don't change it on me (oh the irony!)), i wouldn't have known until i'd get a call Friday at like 9 - "hi! where are you?' me: "I'm scheduled at 10" manager: "No, i changed it, you're in at 9." me, full-on sarcasm "Thanks for telling me.  I'll be there at 10 XD"

*sigh*

Me too.

Can’t fight it……… 

I’m going to crawl into a warm bed…..

🙃

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. I have big bills to pay today (car insurance, and my monthly maintenance fees) plus a bit of shopping to do. It will be a good test of my stamina. I'm meant to be back at work tomorrow.

12 hours ago, trystan said:

but when i looked at Friday, it was changed to 9-1.  it's not really a big deal but...

... but they should tell you these things! Who knew adulting meant you had to carefully read staffing schedules? :P

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

... but they should tell you these things! Who knew adulting meant you had to carefully read staffing schedules? :P

very true.... but i suppose i've gotten used to obsessively checking my schedule to make sure it hasn't been changed... for this very reason :blink:

Dad's at the ER. His stomach was hurting really badly earlier, so Mom took him. 

He has low hemoglobin, and he'll be getting a blood transfusion. I'll update when I know more. 

Ouch. Hope he's okay.

I'm feeling moderately accomplished. In two online bouts, I've managed to shift about a hundred dragons. Still more than a hundred to go, though. Remind me to never get six months plus of backlog again. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Remind me to never get six months plus of backlog again. :rolleyes:

Yikes! Don't ever do that! XD

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Dad's at the ER.

Hope all will be okay. Healing wishes!

I haven't heard again from Mom yet, but he is being admitted. My brother told me that at least. 

{{hugs}} @AsymDoll13

52 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Remind me to never get six months plus of backlog again. :rolleyes:

oof.  don't do that. XD 

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yikes! Don't ever do that! XD

14 minutes ago, trystan said:

oof.  don't do that. XD

XD I was moving Christmas dragons today. Brrrrr.

i moved my 20-week dragon yesterday.  the one that's the mom of the current egg on my scroll XD 

every day, i say I'm going to stalk the cave for some of the CB dragons in my 20-week lineage.  and every day i don't. XD 

15 hours ago, trystan said:

very true.... but i suppose i've gotten used to obsessively checking my schedule to make sure it hasn't been changed... for this very reason :blink:

I mean...that's still not an excuse for them to not tell you.

2 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

I mean...that's still not an excuse for them to not tell you.

oh i know.  I'll talk to the manager who did the schedule.... on Friday XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and cloudy. Back to work today.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

every day, i say I'm going to stalk the cave for some of the CB dragons in my 20-week lineage.  and every day i don't. XD 

I have more than I'll need... I think. Hooded murklings are relatively easy to find, thank goodness.

58 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I have more than I'll need... I think. Hooded murklings are relatively easy to find, thank goodness.

I hope I have what I need. Hydras are not so easy to find. I really should check my breeding stock now to be sure, especially since I am trying to follow a color sequence.

Bright and sunny here this morning. It is supposed to be like that all week and up to 90+ F by Friday.

14 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Dad's at the ER. His stomach was hurting really badly earlier, so Mom took him. 

He has low hemoglobin, and he'll be getting a blood transfusion. I'll update when I know more. 

Hope it all goes well.

hate hospitals.

Friend still in hospital.

exhausting. Think I’m going into a depression over it.

If they don’t get their strength and ability to walk back they won’t be able to go home for a while.

head injuries…..

grrrffff

I have been going in after hospital visits to feed and taunt their cat. 

This black and white girlie won’t ever let me pat or go near her, so I put down food and taunt her as she waits til I move far enough away.

She really enjoys that fussing.

The minx.

So tired out by it all.

only a pile of hot buttered honey smothered crumpets can save me now.

supermarket’s closed…..

maybe tomorrow.