Nyogthas

Looking for an MMORPG

I’ve played many but I really want an MMO where I can have a pet dragon, I don’t mind old or grindy mmos. I prefer them. 

preferably an active game..

Can anyone think of any for me? 

Edited by Nyogthas
Grammar

I don't know about a pet dragon per se, but I can name a couple like Warframe, RuneScape maybe, Final Fantasy 14 maybe, Elder Scrolls Online?

It's not a pet exactly, but I know two where you can have a mini/minion dragon follow you around! Guild Wars 2 has one you can get (there's an achieve one I think, and one that's usually in the shop) and FFXIV has one you can earn if you go far enough in the story (I dunno if you can also buy one, I haven't checked). They're cute and follow you, but you don't get to interact with them so much except (GW2 story spoiler!)

Spoiler

in GW2 if you progress far enough, Heart of Thorns I think it is, you can play with a small dragon! Just a little 'fetch' game but I thought it was ADORABLE and spent WAY too much time doing it, haha

You can also get a def-not-a-dragon mount in GW2 called a Skyscale, once you're in.... uhhhh whichever bit comes after the Path of Fire storyline (I have not got that far yet). You sort of raise a dragon-ish creature from a baby by rescuing it from improbable troubles over and over and then eventually you can fly on it ^^

Edit - both games have a free version to check out the gameplay, but both the in-game dragon things I THINK will require an actual purchase to get far enough to earn? If you do decide to play, send me a note? I play both games and would be happy to run around starter areas with you ^^ I'm on the NA servers on GW2 and all of them on FFXIV because my gosh dang friends couldn't all be on the same server -.-

Edited by zippuzzle

In Guild Wars 2 my ranger does have Wyverns(two do exist) as animal companions from Heart of Thornes maps. Path of Fire (you do buy Path of Fire and Heart of Thornes always is bundled for free with it together)  enables you to get mounts and the Skyscale is a dragon/wyvern/dragonlike and once you have bought any expansion for Guild Wars 2 you are able convert ingame gold to gems and buy cosmetic stuff for the gems and there are some really great dragonlike skins for the Skyscale mount.
You cannont buy a mount in GW2. Each mount needs to be unlocked by playing the game! Only the skins can by bought but then you still need to unlock the mount with gameplay.

Yes GW2 is active and has horrible marketing. A lot of people do not see any advertise and think the game is dead... which it never was.

Edited by Tigerkralle

I was also gonna recommend Guild Wars 2 lol. You can kinda get dragons. There is a mount that is basically a dragon, two wyverns, and

Spoiler

Aurene. Aurene isn't a pet but she is a dragon who helps us in the storyline. You also get to fight lots of dragons

. But if you ever decide to play, I can also give you tips and help you out!

Edited by PancakeIsBest

@PancakeIsBest I know it's been out for a while, but I think you should consider spoiler-hiding some of that? Our ally was something of a significant plot twist iirc, and when I first started 3 years ago I was really happy that I still managed to be surprised. Some people work pretty hard to avoid spoilers.

9 hours ago, zippuzzle said:

@PancakeIsBest I know it's been out for a while, but I think you should consider spoiler-hiding some of that? Our ally was something of a significant plot twist iirc, and when I first started 3 years ago I was really happy that I still managed to be surprised. Some people work pretty hard to avoid spoilers.

I completely forgot! I am so sorry I am gonna do that right now

14 minutes ago, PancakeIsBest said:

I completely forgot! I am so sorry I am gonna do that right now

No worries! I know it came out in like.... was it 2015? But, yeah, especially since the original poster was looking for a new (to them) MMORPG, I'd hate to spoil a surprise too much ^^;

Edited by zippuzzle

Guild Wars 2 - they have miniatures aside from character pets for Ranger class, and you can unlock a Skyscale mount in the storyline of the 2nd expansion, so you'll be able to have not only a dragon pet, but also a cool mount with dedication. I've been playing for 6 years and it's always my go-to game, even if I take a break for a little while.

Since my friend has started making me play final fantasy 14 i can now confirm that you can have dragon mounts in the game! you gotta grind for it but OOOH DWAGONS!!!

Guild Wars 2 has a dragon mount you can unlock, and World of Warcraft has a wide variety of dragon mounts and pets. Dragonflying is a key feature of WoW's latest expansion, and training your dragon, teaching them new features, and exploring with your dragon is a big part of it. There's also legacy quests in WoW where you can rescue dragons to get a dragon mount, and train with cloud serpents to get an Eastern dragon mount.

And then you have the dragon battle pets. Collect, train, and battle with tiny little dragons. They're like little Pokemon.

Guild Wars 2 is overall a much better experience, and I'd recommend it over any other suggestion in this thread. But no one has mentioned Warcraft yet, and they just released the dragon expac, where you can also play as a real dragon person and not an anime girl with a skin condition. It's. Okay. I immediately went back to Diablo, but Dragonflight is Okay.

Edited by Skadi

In World of Warcraft, your character can summon a free pet that changes depending on the race picked. I'm not sure if there are dragons, but it might be up your ally. Elder Scrolls Online also has similar animal companions.