Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laevsk

Hello from Alaska

Hi to all the dragon-loving people here!

I go by laevsk, but you can also call me Melanie. I have lived in the great state of Alaska since birth (longer ago than I want to admit to) and I love it here. There are moose and eagles everywhere, and if you really look you'll find bears and caribou and mountain sheep and lynx as well as myriad species of birds winging their way across the sky. Haven't seen a dragon yet, but I keep looking - especially when the Mt. Redoubt volcano starts smoking! I'm convinced a dragon lives there.

I have no experience with this type of site, but I love dragons and have been active with a dragon-themed game for years. I came across this site totally by accident and was immediately drawn in. Have my first egg and have visited dozens of other eggs, clicking on them and reading the info. So much imagination is here, it's wonderful! But I could use some help in how to successfully maneuver through raising my precious egg, so if there's a mentor who needs a new student, here I am ...*waving my hand* .. I want to learn all I can before introducing this place to my other dragon buddies. Maybe then I'll be able to help them get started!

Thanks so much, and it's great being here!

Hello and welcome!  When the volcano starts smoking, listen for low growls and wingbeats. It would take a large dragon to make the volcano smoke. ;) 

*waves hand* I'm a mentor! I'll PM you!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the game ! 🌺

How does your first egg look like ? 🥰

I am so sorry that I didn't respond to your comments earlier! I came back once, didn't notice the replies, and merrily went back to playing with dragons. Between adopting eggs, clicking on other eggs and hatchlings, visiting as many lineages as I could to get acquainted with the various dragon breeds - AND trying to keep up with the other dragon game I play....oh, can't forget that I'm a Discord moderator for that game, too, we just opened our Discord server in June and are around 5000 members already - I just keep pretty busy! I would love to spend more time on this forum, but it will have to wait for a bit as learning the dragons here and all the quirks of breeding hybrids, etc. comes first!

Purpledragonclaw - I am sure to have more questions for you, soon! I've been studying the Wiki, which is a great help to someone new to the game. I'm already at 54 dragons!  I'm lovin' the little guys. The other dragon game has much bigger dragons, and they don't make them male or female, so I completely forgot that they were assigned a gender here. I had eggs for Royal Crimson and Rogal Blue, was thinking " woohoo, I can get a Royal Eminence!" And then they both ended up being the same sex. Dragons are amazing creatures, but I don't think they can voluntarily change their sex on request.

Sh20000sh - I've seen the northern lights many times! I prefer living out in the boondocks when I can, and on freezing cold, clear-skied winter nights I could walk out on my back deck, the sound of my booted feet crunching on the frozen snow mixing with the excited panting and play-barks of my dogs ...and stand in the absolute dark that happens when you live in a remote place, looking up and getting lost in the movements of shifting greens and blues, sheets of white and yellow cascading down, occasional flares of red and purple and orange shooting through. It's so amazing to watch. The best lights happen on the coldest nights, so I'd stay out in the minus 20 or 30 degree (F) (or colder) weather and just float away on the aurora. Mother Nature is truly amazing!

calona - my first egg was white with thin gold stripes around it. Yep, a beautiful little Striped Dragon, now named Feli of KyCu, popped out of the egg and looked at me with mischief in his eyes, and I was hooked!  He was quickly followed by a Blacktip, a Sabertooth Bull Drake, and a Skystrider.  My little egg room has been in constant use, a new egg immediately appearing after one hatches. The first four came from various caves, but then I discovered the abandoned egg area and now I hover there, hoping to get something exciting! I read about the "Legendary Trio" needed to get the Guardian of Nature, and managed to get a Magma egg, but I haven't seen any Thunder or Ice eggs yet. If there are tricks to finding those, I'd love to hear them!

Jedi Master - thanks so much for the welcome! I hope to become an active member here once I figure things out.

Sorry for the long note - I'm a writer, and words carry me away ..LOL!The Community Managers at the other game joke about having to get a cup of coffee and settle in before tackling one of my notes.

Time to go check my eggs, and then hit the other game to see what's new this week. Dragons, dragons everywhere, and my fire-proof suit is in the washing machine ....

-Melanie

15 hours ago, laevsk said:

calona - my first egg was white with thin gold stripes around it. Yep, a beautiful little Striped Dragon, now named Feli of KyCu, popped out of the egg and looked at me with mischief in his eyes, and I was hooked!  He was quickly followed by a Blacktip, a Sabertooth Bull Drake, and a Skystrider.  My little egg room has been in constant use, a new egg immediately appearing after one hatches. The first four came from various caves, but then I discovered the abandoned egg area and now I hover there, hoping to get something exciting! I read about the "Legendary Trio" needed to get the Guardian of Nature, and managed to get a Magma egg, but I haven't seen any Thunder or Ice eggs yet. If there are tricks to finding those, I'd love to hear them!

What wonderful little babies ! 🥰 Feli is gorgeous, I love White Striped Dragons !

You can check the DC Community Notice Board for Ice and Thunder Dragons, people often give them out !

Thanks for the info and link to the DC Community Notice Board!  It looks like they go quickly. I'll bookmark the page and try to check frequently. 

So much to learn yet - but I'm likin' it!

Melanie