Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ailessea

Hello! (finally...)

Hi everyone 💞 I have been on dragcave since 2011 but for some reason I never joined the forum or interacted with other players (including trades and stuff...😞)

But now I want to join the community, maybe because I was excited about the 15th year anniversary and realised how long I have been playing (veeeery casually). I want to play more "seriously" now, and be more active (there were times I didn't play for several years in the past 10 years) . When I first joined I always named my dragons but then I don't know what happened but all the names were deleted and then I didn't care about naming. But I really love finding names so I am naming my dragons one by one now🥰  

Nice to meet you all in advance (and at last) ! 😄

Also, I have two questions, first of all, how can I change my profile picture on the forum?

&

Is there a reason for people wanting/preferring Cave Born eggs and hatchlings in trades? Is it about having pureblood bloodlines, and does it affect anything other than aesthetics (in terms of a "clean" lineage) ?

Hello and welcome! If you've been inactive for ~6 months your names are erased, that's why you lost your dragon names. 

Answers:

1. Now that you're approved you can change your profile pic! Select the dropdown for your name under the forum header, select Profile, and select the thumbnail icon on the bottom left of your default image to upload a new image.

2. Personal preference. It's all about aesthetics. I personally love inbred lineages, which isn't considered "clean". 

3 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Hello and welcome! If you've been inactive for ~6 months your names are erased, that's why you lost your dragon names. 

Answers:

1. Now that you're approved you can change your profile pic! Select the dropdown for your name under the forum header, select Profile, and select the thumbnail icon on the bottom left of your default image to upload a new image.

2. Personal preference. It's all about aesthetics. I personally love inbred lineages, which isn't considered "clean". 

Wow, good to know, I will be more careful in the future if I happen to be inactive for long periods😅  Thanks for answering, I love long and "messy" bloodlines as well, it feels sincere and historical, also its fun to check out the ancestors💕

& Thank you all for the warm welcome once again! 

Welcome to the forum!! I hope you have a good time here.

As far as CBs go, people tend to want them because they are needed to breed certain lineage patterns! Lots of people like messy lineage, but when it comes to planning and breeding those specific patterns, we have to use CBs. 😄

6 hours ago, igloo9201 said:

Welcome to the forum!! I hope you have a good time here.

As far as CBs go, people tend to want them because they are needed to breed certain lineage patterns! Lots of people like messy lineage, but when it comes to planning and breeding those specific patterns, we have to use CBs. 😄

Ooooh, these are actually pretty interesting! I doubt I will dabble in planning lineages like these but I can see the charm of it. Thanks for the further explanation🙌

No problem! Even if you don’t feel like making your own lineages, they can still be super fun to collect from the AP or players here on the forums. ^ v ^ I hope you have fun around here