oyamu

Cold drink recipes?

To be more specific, non-alcoholic drinks with low prep time...extra points if it doesn't take many ingredients or includes caffeine. It should also be sweet!

I've tried making iced coffee at home and it tends to be hit or miss, so any tips on how to approach that might help. Iced tea is way easier for me to manage, though I like it less. Lately I've been doing chai latte from packets and banana coffee milkshakes. Yesterday I even put honey in orange juice, and I'm already thinking of looking into making bubble tea at home. I just want something special that I can sip in a large portion. So, any suggestions would be appreciated! 

Edited by oyamu

Not sure if this counts, but mixing sodas together can yield good results. Once I mixed pineapple fanta and sprite together (about 50/50) and it was really good!

On 3/22/2021 at 7:02 PM, Deltice12 said:

Not sure if this counts, but mixing sodas together can yield good results. Once I mixed pineapple fanta and sprite together (about 50/50) and it was really good!

Ah yes, thank you. The family members I live with aren't big on stocking soda in the house and I don't like it enough to push for it, it is really good to have once in a while though!! Your combination sounds refreshing, I do like fanta, especially strawberry flavoured. I'm staying away from home for work as I type this and have been reminded of a similar option to soda that would be great to have at home; it's like uhmm sparkling water but with flavours like coconut, cherry, lime I think,, the ones this person keeps stocked come in huge bottles and I do like them, and I figure it's super safe to say they aren't unhealthy at all relative to soda. I'll probably take note of the brand before I go home!!

get lemon

get green tea

get sugar

get ice

get water

make green tea in small amount of hot water

add water and sugar

add ice

add lemon juice

taste

It's a nice recipe for a cold drink on a hot day, even if it is really simple

My summer drink is 1/2 lemonade + 1/2 hibiscus herbal tea.  Delicious and easy! 

On 4/7/2021 at 5:58 AM, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

get lemon

get green tea

get sugar

get ice

get water

make green tea in small amount of hot water

add water and sugar

add ice

add lemon juice

taste

It's a nice recipe for a cold drink on a hot day, even if it is really simple

I have enjoyed green tea before and simple is what I was looking for, thank you for the suggestion!!

19 hours ago, sorenna said:

My summer drink is 1/2 lemonade + 1/2 hibiscus herbal tea.  Delicious and easy! 

Sounds like a very promising mix. 😊