Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feline6

Ok, then. Hello!

So I'm pretty new. There are a lot of different dragons, huh? I already have 10 dragons - 3 adults, 3 hatchlings, 4 eggs - I tend not to look at game forums much, so that's why it's a little while before I'm doing this. I'm happy to hear advice from those who are less new. One thing I've been wondering is why the growing limit is so much higher than the egg limit - I don't see how one could end up with many more hatchlings than eggs, so if someone could explain that to me that would be much appreciated. I've already looked up and found that there are no adverse effects to inbreeding, and therefore I see no reason not to do it - seems irrational to me. I will listen to other points of view but I don't want to get into an argument. Anyway, open to advice and enjoying the game so far. Hello all!

Here is my scroll - ~scrollspam removed~

Hello and welcome! Please do not include a link to your scroll in your posts, it's considered spam, however you can add a link to your scroll in your signature if you would like us to view your dragons! I can answer some of your questions!

1. The higher your trophy level, the more eggs and hatchlings you can have. It's much easier to reach the growing limit with less restrictions. If you use the Red dragon BSA (breed-specific action) Incubate on your eggs, they'll hatch a day faster since it takes 24 hours off the hatching time. That means you can grab more eggs and repeat the process with more Red dragons if you have them and hit your growing limit faster. A common way I hit my growing limit is by grabbing a lot of ER eggs from the abandoned page (AP), hatching them, and then grabbing more. I've been in a situation where I've had 24 hatchlings and no eggs before. If you grab hatchlings from gifting that's another way to hit your growing limit.

2. Inbreeding is personal preference, some choose to, and some don't. There are no adverse effects from it, you're right. I personally love inbred dragons, and collect them when I can. There's even a thread dedicated to creating and gifting them.

I hope that helped! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Welcome to the DC forums! The only thing I can say about inbreeding is that, if you're looking to trade bred dragons, inbred ones will usually be priced lower, but otherwise there's not a reason for you to not do it!

I hope you enjoy your time here :D 

Welcome to Dragon Cave and the forums. :D There are definitely quite a lot of dragon breeds...but it'll be fun trying to collect 'em all.

It's my personal preference to avoid inbred dragons, but as the others said, there's not really any gameplay reason to avoid them...all depends on your own preference.  My own reasoning is mainly just because I prefer cave born (CB) dragons. :) 

Thank everyone who's replied. The inbreeding situation looks a lot like that on Wajas, a similar (very good) game I have been playing for years and years.

How To Review Other Users' Descriptions?

How to review another user’s description? I can't find this information anywhere! It seems clear that one can, but nothing I could find anywhere ever mentions how, and I can't find it anywhere on the site. Why does nothing say?! Do you have to have been using the site for a certain amount of time or something? Nothing says! Please help me. How does one review another user’s description?!

1 hour ago, Feline6 said:

How To Review Other Users' Descriptions?

How to review another user’s description? I can't find this information anywhere! It seems clear that one can, but nothing I could find anywhere ever mentions how, and I can't find it anywhere on the site. Why does nothing say?! Do you have to have been using the site for a certain amount of time or something? Nothing says! Please help me. How does one review another user’s description?!

You have to have at least 10 adult dragons on your scroll in order to start reviewing other players' descriptions.  You access them by going to "Account" on the navigation bar, and then "Review User Descriptions."

tDCf67q.png

See I'm not there yet either, I still have a couple dragons to go before I hit ten~