Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

i picked up my car from getting inspected - good to go for another year! yaay!

i took a friend to pick up her car for her mechanic after that - her hubby had surgery and can't drive for ... a while, and she wanted her car back!

i'm going to an outdoor event tonight...  first time for at this monthly even for me since ... february of 2020.  we've been meeting in person (outside) for 2 months now (i think) and i wasn't able to go until tonight :) so yaay! 

i, too, object loudly to the heat - no matter if it's cloudy, sunny, humid.... if it's HOT, i object! :) 

Edited by trystan
to add stuff

32 minutes ago, trystan said:

picked up my car from getting inspected - good to go for another year! yaay!

Yay! I have to get my horn fixed before the end of the month. My inspection is due next month.

It POURED rain at the shelter while I was doing my online passport renewal, was drizzling as I left, crawling through the lakes created by the rain, and by the time I passed the centre of town, the ground was bone dry and the sun shining, having not rained that side at all. Crazy weather.

beep beep! XD 

it was raining pretty good this morning, but after it stopped, there's been no more rain today.  wednesday night - well, early in the wee hours of thursday morning, Fred showed up and it was pouring with very bright lightning and loud rolls of thunder.  that was fun.  (not really.  but it was bedtime for me)

Bedtime is the best time for storm arrivals... so you can just sleep through them.

I need noise-cancelling headphones.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

wednesday night - well, early in the wee hours of thursday morning, Fred showed up and it was pouring with very bright lightning and loud rolls of thunder.  that was fun.  (not really.  but it was bedtime for me)

Surprisingly, Fred pretty much missed us here. Came up farther west and then rolled east to hit you after he was north of us.

28 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Bedtime is the best time for storm arrivals... so you can just sleep through them.

If they hit after I am asleep they usually don't wake me, but if I am still awake they keep me from falling asleep.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

If they hit after I am asleep they usually don't wake me, but if I am still awake they keep me from falling asleep.

I wake up on hearing rain... and leap out of bed to go downstairs to close the living room window. :rolleyes: If I suspect it will rain, I try to remember to close it before I go to bed so I don't have to wake up. :P It's not foolproof but it helps. The window's already closed tonight as I was blocking off music from the pool area.

Good night!

*poofs in a cloud of brownies*

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Surprisingly, Fred pretty much missed us here. Came up farther west and then rolled east to hit you after he was north of us.

well.... *pffft* :P 

19 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I wake up on hearing rain... and leap out of bed to go downstairs to close the living room window. :rolleyes: If I suspect it will rain, I try to remember to close it before I go to bed so I don't have to wake up. :P It's not foolproof but it helps. The window's already closed tonight as I was blocking off music from the pool area.

i have an app that i'll turn on at night to fall asleep to the sound of rain XD 

16 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Afternoon peeps!

@DragonSpirit009 *hugs*

@Kestra15 How worried should I be that I can be stabbed 5 times by 2 different nurses and not bleed?

Not terribly worried. Depends on how terrible they are, and how shy your veins were being that day. Lover has had the paediatric oncology phlebotomist struggle with her's they're that small and well-hidden!

Off to work again. And the new Pokémon are out in Go, with a new free timed mission...which requires sending gifts to friends 😕 since my ten friends on Go rarely play, it means I may stumble at the first hurdle.

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

*poofs in a cloud of brownies

Who is pelting me with brownies? What did I do this time?

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

It POURED rain at the shelter while I was doing my online passport renewal, was drizzling as I left, crawling through the lakes created by the rain,

Silly Lagie. You skip through those, not crawl. :P

4 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Silly Lagie. You skip through those, not crawl. :P

Cars don't skip well, alas. :P

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Um, @Fortune86, you okay there with @Long_Before_Sunrise:o

14 hours ago, Lagie said:

crawling through the lakes created by the rain,

52 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Cars don't skip well, alas. :P

Glad to realize you were in your car. The mental picture of Lagie crawling through the water on her hands and knees was a bit disturbing!

Good morning, CPA!

It is starting off hot again this morning.

Skipping my Jazzercise routine again this morning. It is just too hot in here (85F). It is cooler in the sunroom at the back of the house, but my wi-fi doesn't work there!

*grabs an apple and poofs in a cloud of steam*

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

Cars don't skip well, alas.

I think they sell wheel kits for making that happen.

19 hours ago, purplehaze said:

The Xenos do seem to act a lot like commons when breeding.

Oh no. I have already spent around 4 months trying to breed a hellhorse from gaia. My lineage project will actually take years to complete.

mstraightface.png.534bdfd7be61a85918f67346f68ecff3.png

My 20 Weeks project which started out well has gotten more and more problematic over the summer.

I feel like I should have bred both an original and a spare as I went.

Morning CPA! I’m planing on installing some FTL moda today, but I don’t know how to set them up, so that’s gonna be a fun 17 hours. I’ll just be chilling on the fourm today mostly tho cuz I got pretty much nothing else to do. 

5 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I feel like I should have bred both an original and a spare as I went.

Good idea.

I've started trying to breed a spare like a month ago and I can't get it, because it also comes from a xeno.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Mla9S

I feel like either xeno ratios have changed at some point, or there are far less (none?) massbreedings of them happening now. I think ratios for some xenos with hellhorse used to be around 30-50% for horse.

33 minutes ago, HangeZoe said:

I’m planing on installing some FTL moda today, but I don’t know how to set them up, so that’s gonna be a fun 17 hours.

Faster Than Light mods? 🤔 If you are talking about this then you should look at that - it seems pretty easy to use.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Glad to realize you were in your car. The mental picture of Lagie crawling through the water on her hands and knees was a bit disturbing!

XD

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I think they sell wheel kits for making that happen.

I'll stick with the manufacturer's specs, thanks! ;)

2 hours ago, HangeZoe said:

Morning CPA! I’m planing on installing some FTL moda today, but I don’t know how to set them up, so that’s gonna be a fun 17 hours. I’ll just be chilling on the fourm today mostly tho cuz I got pretty much nothing else to do. 

Happy chilling!

Hot and humid.  We did well at the shop and I'm now finally headed home where I will feed the cats, then shower and relax!

2 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:
2 hours ago, HangeZoe said:

I’m planing on installing some FTL moda today, but I don’t know how to set them up, so that’s gonna be a fun 17 hours.

Faster Than Light mods? 🤔 If you are talking about this then you should look at that - it seems pretty easy to use.

y'know, i saw FTL and ALSO thought Faster Than Light!

i've seen a LOT of scifi shows, and this was a fun way for a ship to do that:

Spoiler

Dark-Matter-S1x01-The-Android-takes-The-

and this way too.....

hqdefault.jpg

one more....

fa4a2a52d4f0d09fdf894b8b44012446.jpg

going through slipstream always reminded me of playing a video game.

okay, i'm good now.

what do we think - new release just after midnight?

37 minutes ago, trystan said:

what do we think - new release just after midnight?

I'm thinking not likely until next weekend, but I guess I will try to hold some spaces open just in case. I should have 4 eggs hatch before then. I will still have a CB Umbra that I traded for and 3 PB Zs that I bred that I will not discard no matter what! XD

Anyone know if cats can climb ladders? I bought a loft bed and want to know my kitty will still be able to harrass me for cuddles at 1 am.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I'm thinking not likely until next weekend, but I guess I will try to hold some spaces open just in case. I should have 4 eggs hatch before then. I will still have a CB Umbra that I traded for and 3 PB Zs that I bred that I will not discard no matter what! XD

yeah, i'm thinking next week, because it IS the last sunday of the month.... but tomorrow is sunday #4, which most of the time IS the last Sunday of the the month XD 

1 minute ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Anyone know if cats can climb ladders? I bought a loft bed and want to know my kitty will still be able to harrass me for cuddles at 1 am.

yep, they can.  our cats love our cat trees that they have to climb up to get to the top.... and they love our stairs too.  you should be fine for your cat to harass you.... even if kitty decides to harass you for 6:30 a.m. pet time.... like one of mine did to me this morning XD 

Yes, but not all of them will. Then of course, there's the jumping from the dresser.

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Yes, but not all of them will. Then of course, there's the jumping from the dresser.

Which is very sleep-interrupting when they land on you! XD