XanderAdversary

I tried spriting...

I decided to try spriting (which I hadn't even tried before), and I tried to make a few egg designs. The gifs are just different versions of my fanmade eggs. Do any of you have any criticisms?

user posted imageAs you zoom into the egg, you see MORE eggs.

user posted imageThe spirit of Christmas gets strong near this egg.

user posted image...It's hard-boiled? What could be in this?

user posted imageThe vibrant sparks remind you it's not Christmas.

user posted image[uSER] found this egg on their birthday.

I'll upload more when I make more.

(Also, could someone perhaps give me a spriting tutorial for dragons?)

Edited by XanderAdversary

I believe these would go into Original Works. You can PM a moderator to move the topic for you.

It's a good start (I particularly like the fractal egg)! happy.gif Though, your eggs look a little flat (especially the santa hat one) due to the soft shading. It looks blurry and a little painterly, as if someone sized down a picture and put it on there. I'd also recommend shading the outside outline too, as a black line tends to make things look cartoony.

Here's one of the spriting guides on DC, tucked away in Dragon Requests: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=115977

There's also a Sprite Practice Thread on Original Works, and although it doesn't get much activity it's a good place to get feedback.

I believe these would go into Original Works. You can PM a moderator to move the topic for you.

It's a good start (I particularly like the fractal egg)! happy.gif Though, your eggs look a little flat (especially the santa hat one) due to the soft shading. It looks blurry and a little painterly, as if someone sized down a picture and put it on there. I'd also recommend shading the outside outline too, as a black line tends to make things look cartoony.

Here's one of the spriting guides on DC, tucked away in Dragon Requests: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=115977

There's also a Sprite Practice Thread on Original Works, and although it doesn't get much activity it's a good place to get feedback.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm new to these forums, and quite new to the game.