pudding

Reawakening IC

((user posted image))

It wasn't hard. Everything was working according to plan. Cyrus knelt down beside the bottle he had snagged, and unscrewed the lid. No-he had to be careful here. Slipping out of the room, eh returned with several things. A measuring cup, towels, and gloves, to be exact. with surprisingly steady hands, he poured about half a cup of the corrosive material into the pyrex dish, and hovered over his unconscious brother. Quick and easy. Everything would be nice and cleaned when Matthew finally awoke. And the culprit would be nowhere to be found.

Only, things didn't go according to plan. The moment the acid was poured across the twin's eyes did these eyes snap open. Cyrus recoiled in surprise, the remainder of the liquid splashing across Matthew's face.

The screams that followed could only be described as pure agony. Cyrus watched in horror as his plan, the plan for his brother not to suffer, went horribly wrong. Hurriedly did he rush to his brother's aid, rushing Matt into the shower and cranking on the water. This was going so wrong! This wasn't supposed to happen! As soon as Matt seemed to be awake, did he fall limp again. Blank white eyes stared up at Cyrus, the haunted expression remaining in a dead gaze. "No...NO!" He couldn't be dead! He had administered everything properly! But as Cyrus tore off his gloves and searched for a pulse, he couldn't find one. That...that wasn't possible! It couldn't be! In his panic, Cyrus fled the apartment. He could fix this. No. This wasn't fault! It couldn't be! The society had to have done it! He was sabotaged! Matthew's body was left in the shower, the water still spewing from the shower head.

((Maybe Lunuas could find him the next evening?))

After snagging a few blankets off of a long thin wire, Lunuas assembled his bed on top of the large building and easily and readily slept the day away. The sun didn't bother the vampire in the slightest as he slumbered, more in a comatose state than anything else. But when night fell again and the moon rose high in the air, Lunuas's blue eyes snapped open.

His stomach growled faintly as the vampire slowly climbed to his feet. Pressing a hand against his stomach, he frowned slightly then shook his head. He could eat later. For now, he had to see if the bitten human was awake. Jumping off the building, he easily twisted around and swung back into the home of the human. They apparently hadn't fixed the hole he had made last time so it was easy to enter. Not that fixing the window would have stopped him. Glancing about, Lunuas frowned when he saw Matt was not in the room.

Oh, wait. He could hear water. Frowning, he moved deeper into the apartment, pushing open an ajar door with his foot. Immediately, he was met with the sight of a body lying in the shower. Despite seeing a number of corpses back in his day, Lunuas jumped in surprise, drawing backwards in alarm. This quickly faded, however, and the vampire pressed back into the bathroom to look at the motionless body. Had the human suddenly died? That was frustrating. Now he had to find a new source of information.

Indeed, the body had been there for quite some time. But the moment Lunaus entered the bathroom, something happened. A surge of energy, be it from fear of aggression, sparked inside the still corpse. Blank eyes suddenly became lively, and everything was functioning again. Except...

"My eyes!" Matthew jerked himself upright, slipping as he tried to stumble to his feet. What had happened? He couldn't remember anything! In his panic, he fell back onto the tiled floor of the shower. A hand groped at his face, only to recoil at the pain that followed. Choking on a sob, he blinked furiously. "I...I can't see..." Across his face was one long, pink wound, resembling that of a mask. Except on the let side. It seemed as if something had went awry. And everything...everything seemed to be turned up on high intensity. The running water was near-deafening by itself, followed by the steady thumps of...was that somebody's heat beat? Sobbing, Matt curled up on himself, ignoring as another tooth fell out of his mouth. "Cyrus...help me..."

((This has gotten sadder than I initally intended :,( ))

Lunuas stiffened immediately, the hairs on the back of his neck shooting upright when the corpse suddenly jumped up, only to fall back down again. Not as easily frightened off this time, however, he quickly moved back to the human, studying his face with a frown. The injury looked awful. Biting his lip, he reached out, carefully and slowly grasping the human by the shoulders and helping him out of the shower. "My name isn't Cyrus," he replied softly. He didn't know a Cyrus. Did the human even introduce himself? If so, Lunuas had forgotten his name. "Let's get you dry," he muttered, more to himself, as he started to pull the human out of the shower. The blankets on the bed could help dry him off but his clothes were soaked.

"Can you walk?" He asked, trying to set Matt on his feet but perfectly fine carrying him if not. He just didn't want to suddenly jar him by picking him up if he couldn't see. He didn't need to go giving him a heart attack.

((Lunuas confirmed for being the mama vampire.))

That voice...That was the vampire from before. The guy that broke into his house just to exchange names. But...where was Cyrus? Where did his brother go? Where...where was Cyrus when he needed him? Matt whined as tears stung against his raw skin, blinking rapidly in an effort to stop the tears. Only when Lunaus took hold of his shoulders did his view on the situation settle back into his thoughts. Slowly did he straighten into a kneeling position, and grope about for the faucet knobs. He twisted the water off, and then braced against the wall.

"My eyes...what happened? Where's my brother?" He sniffled. Matt's head inclined in Lunaus's direction, the fear and confusion on his face plainly visible. "Please...where's Cyrus?"

((the irony where Cyrus isn't there when Matt genuinely needs him

I'm a bad person.))

((I really want Lunuas and Cyrus to meet. Mostly so Lunuas gets chased off and then hunted down by Chimeras but also because I imagine Cyrus would get jealous of Lunuas helping Matt.

And don't worry, I'm also a bad person. Because they haven't even met and it'll be the most twisted relationship ever but I ship Lunuas and Cyrus.))

Poor human. As the stream of water turned off, the vampire looked around before deciding nothing good was in reach to clean the human off with. He'd have to wait until he was able to be moved to get him something since Lunuas certainly wasn't going to leave him on his own, blinded and confused. That was a horrible idea.

Sniffing the air slightly, Lunuas frowned then shook his head. The smell coming from the human was dampened considerably by the water but he couldn't smell anyone else nearby, nor had he seen anyone when he had come in. "No one else is here," He replied softly. "You were the only one in here when I came in."

((Omfg bro. That's a crack ship. But Cyrus does need some sanity in his life))

Sniffling pitifully, Matt carefully wiped his face again. Everything...it was all so...loud. He could hear and smell everything in the bathroom, as well as the adjacent bedroom. And..."Hydrochloric Acid." He mumbled, his eyes widening. There was so denying that smell. It was all over the bedroom. Pulling himself from Lunaus's grasp, he stumbled out of the bathroom and further into the apartment. How did his corrosives get into his room? "He'll...be so upset..How can I-I explain what happened..." He stammered. A few steps forward, and he stumbled over the spilled cup of acid. But how did he end up in the bathroom? In the shower? Maybe he was working when something went awry?

The cold of his soaked clothing was finally settling in. Matt only to a few, soggy steps, and he was already freezing. "He'll...he'll come home. He'll take care of me..." Sniffling softly, Matt lifted his shirt and slowly pulled it off. He couldn't stay in his wet clothes. And he didn't want to sleep in them. Until Cyrus returned, he had to manage with the help of this vampire.

((Crack ships are my life))

Lunuas was quick to follow Matt out of the bathroom, not letting the human move too far away from him. He was involved at this point and letting him wander around on his own was asking for trouble. Being blind was practically a death sentence among vampires so, naturally, he expected the same to apply for humans. If left alone, he would probably be mauled by a bear or something else. Humans were weak so one bear was probably enough to kill them, right? Especially if they were blind. “I will wait here with you for your brother,” Lunuas replied, taking the wet shirt and moving it aside before looking around. The bedsheets smelled repulsive and his nose was enough to tell him those wouldn’t work to dry him off. But looking around, he couldn’t see very much out in the open to absorb the water. Sighing slightly, the vampire lifted up his arms and pried off his own sweatshirt (Well, it wasn’t really his since he had stolen it but whatever), pressing it into Matt’s hands so he could grab it. “You can use this to dry off a little,” He offered, ignoring the chill sweeping into the apartment from the broken window. Matt had to be more cold than he was.

Edited by pudding

((Me))

Slowly did Matt accept the sweatshirt, and bury his face into it. He another sob bubbled in his chest, coming out muffled thanks to the sweatshit. Once he finally calmed down, he lifted his head wearily. "Towels are in the bathroom..." He muttered softly. Instead of using the sweat shirt, he extended it back to Lunaus. With both hands free, he slipped his socks and pants off and curled back into the bed (which smelled awful, but he was exhausted). "This can't actually he happening." He mumbled, pulling layers of blankets over himself. None of this could be real. Could it? Who would do this to him? He didn't have enemies!

Lunuas looked at the human with probably the closest expression to pity the vampire could muster. Holding his sweatshirt, he frowned but shrugged on the slightly damp material before making his way into the bathroom. Looking around, he managed to locate a few thick, soft pieces of fabric resting on a rack. Pulling them all down, he quickly carried them to the bed where Matt was laying down. Frowning, he set the towels down on the bed on top of Matt, teying to give him more blankets to keep him warm. "Do you need food? Or anything else?" If not he could just wait for the human's brother to return.

((Foe yay is the best kind of ship.))

Edited by pudding

((Go ahead! It'll be hard to jump in right away with Matt/Lunuas but I can make another character or Shadow's chimera can interact with your character(s).))

Malvolia was surrounded by cement.

The hard city terrain made her skin itch and eye twitch. "Building..." She muttered "buildings?..." What an odd language. These humans were much larger in numbers and sensed to crowd her from all corners. Her longing to be back in the trees cloaked by the night tugged and her inner parts. She strolled along the flattened pathway off rock confusion plaguing her mind. A shiny box reeled forward, clashing with her body driving straight into her and she wondered among the street like an unknowing child

A car

Well what was left of said car, the hood of the automobile was now contorted and the hood smashed up like a exploded soda can. A human male (who wore an odd pelt of some sort in the colour blue which was ripped along patches on his back and shoulders) quickly escaped the reck looking among the front of his car to find the body that had impaled it,but none was to be found... Malvolia could feel his confusion mingle with her own, as her blue gaze glared out from an ally way.

Abandoning the reck she walked forward hunger clawed at her inside and she paused, hands tapping along a green angular metal box, wonder made her lean forward and peek in side.

The smell if decaying and foul vomit made her recoil, her overly adapted senses making her fling her self away from the vile green box

Growling with frustration she stalked forward her younger curling around her fangs slightly. She moved among the shadows, the feeling of emotions swirling around her like a hurricane, never had there been this many people, never had she had seen so many of the human species

Walking past a brick building, green vine snaked up the sides, plastic garbage and weeds twined there way through the cracks of the pavement, like any other hole in the wall she would have walked right on by

If not for the flooding feeling of dispare that kicked her in the chest, whipping her head upward toward the emotion she caught it through the breeze of an open window,

An easy quick meal... Scaling the building she quickly made it to the window, pushing past the curtains the blew inward she snuck in, her feet touching the odd soft plush carpet beneath her feet, the sadness that cloaked the room urged her forward, until she caught the sight of the weeping form of a male, curled into him self, about to lunge, she stopped skinning crawling at the scent of another fellow vampire

((If your confused sworry new at this))

Edited by Toxic_remedy

Food...The thought of eating made him want to vomit. All the chewing and the swallowing... It made his stomach turn to fathom the idea. But he was so hungry.. It had been days since he had eaten anything. Slowly did Matt lift his head towards Lunaus, his dull eyes empty and sad. "The refrigerator...I have have juice in there. It's in the kitchen, top shelf. If you could get me some...I'd appreciate it." He muttered softly. Halfway through speaking, however, did an unfamiliar noise reach his ears. Soon after came the smell. It left him feeling anxious, wanting to either run or fight. Matt was in no condition to do either. And when this unwelcome smell entered, well...

Something triggered in the back of his mind. Like some sort of knee-jerk reaction. He died again. Matthew made a soft noise of distress before falling deathly still. And yet...he was still quite aware of what was going on around him. But with this unknown danger, he was content with his choice.

Refrigerator...? Oh great, there was another one of those words. Looking momentarily baffled, he frowned then abruptly stiffened, his eyes darting towards the window. A frown briefly formed on his face. However, a glance back towards Matt proved to be more pressing than what was going on as the human suddenly fell deathly still. Oh no. Leaning over the bed, Lunuas pressed his ear to the human's chest, trying to hear for some kind of a heartbeat. When no sound reached his ears, the confused vampire nudged Matt's shoulder almost reluctantly. Had... he really died? If so, what of? It didn't make any sense for him to just now pass on when he was actually better off than he had been before.

Grunting slightly, Lunuas frowned but turned his gaze towards the window. Or, more specifically, the vampire who had just entered and was attempting to sneak across the floor. "I don't recall inviting you in here," He announced, not leaving his place near Matt. Even though Lunuas himself was the one who barged in, he hadn't attempted to do it in a sneaky way. And yet here this vampire was stalking across the floor. It was a bit rude, but also rather insulting. "What do you need?"

It was a really great place for a date. Coffee and books...what could be better? Harriet herself was a big fan of nonfiction. Murder-mystery, cracked cases. That sort of thing. Although she used to be a nurse, her original plan was to work as a detective. Or...something like that. The plan didn't get very far off the ground until crashing and burning at a frat party. "So..." Harri swirled the cream in her coffee slowly, watching as the soft white melted into the drink. She looked up from her coffee and smiled toothlessly at her date. "Do you want to see them?" Leaning in, the woman's nose crinkled as her smile grew. "The fangs, I mean. I know you have to be into it." Most of the time she wore a sort of mouth-guard, one that mocked real, human teeth. They worked a purpose, but one grew tired of wearing them after a while. Given the excuse, Harriet took off her fake teeth any time possible.

The table they were sitting at was low to the ground and, instead of traditional, wooden chairs, each of them was seated in a small couch so that they were facing towards one another. Holding her own drink-coffee so white it could be mistaken for cream cheese-in two hands, she took a small sip of the drink before setting it down on the table. This was nice. She hadn't actually expected the date to happen since her luck tended to be subpar but she wasn't disappointed in the slightest. If anything, she was even more delighted she had actually managed to acquire a legendary date. It was like getting a shiny charizard in pokemon. Except getting a date implied she had more of a life.

"Really?" She asked, surprised at the offer. Glancing around briefly at the other coffee shop patrons, she paused then leaned forward, looking really excited. "That would be so cool. As long as you are fine with it, I mean. I've just never seen them before because everyone always has to wear those mouth guards for safety reasons or something like that in the building."

Harriet's brown eyes sparkled with amusement as her date reacted. It was so nice to see someone...interested in her life. What had become of her life. It was now a boring fact: an obligation to serve rather than some kind of great gift. Seeing someone happy about it, well, brightened her mood a little. Bridging the gap between she and Marie, Harri allowed them to briefly touch noses before leaning back again. She reached into her mouth slowly, prying loose an originally seamless disguise from her upper jaw. The mouth-piece was soon resting on a napkin, soon followed by another pair. Square, human teeth didn't exist in her jaw. Instead, Harriet owned sharp teeth, much suited to a strict predator instead of an omnivore.

"Are they what you expected?" she whispered, tilting her head at an angle. "I had to loose all my other teeth to get these. Mr. tightass Lanham himself has them in files or whatever." It was no secret in the workforce of Project: CHIMERA that Cyrus Lanham had little to no friends. A thought, however, made Harri's face darkened. "I heard what happened to his brother...God, it's awful. He's been at work all week trying to track down the one that got loose."

Oh. OH. She had gotten very close. Marie's eyes widened considerably and a faint, red blush appeared on her cheeks as the two of them touched noses briefly before Harriet pried the mouth guard from her teeth. In the light of the coffee shop, the sharp, white teeth that lined her mouth were slightly reflective and looked just as intimidating in person as they did on file. As a part of the research, even if she hadn't been given all the clearances, she had been able to see a few pictures of teeth in pictures and such. Still, nothing really prepared her for how they looked right in front of her.

"They're so pretty," She whispered, her eyes growing wider as she lifted a hand to her mouth, covering it in surprise. The mention of Dr. Lanham did, however, snap her out of her shock very quickly and she glanced back down towards her coffee. "I didn't hear anything yet, only that the...um... subject escaped and attacked his brother in the process. The information eventually will trickle down to me but until then, I'm in the dark." She looked slightly frustrated for a moment before looking back up at Harriet again. "Aside from those ones, we've never really seen any out there. Do you think there are even any more? It seems strange we've gone this entire time and haven't found any."

As Marie spoke, Harriet tipped her drink to her lips and blew off the rising steam. She took a few, quick sips of her drink, and then set it back down. Even though nobody liked Cyrus all that much, Matt was really nice. Besides, it was sad for anyone to get hurt like that. Especially such a nice guy. It was hard to believe that, other than looks, those twins had anything in common."I think...I think the ones we caught weren't being careful. Like they didn't expect us. And the others out there took their capture as a lesson to be more cautious. Makes more sense, right?" Harri replied softly. If Cyrus ever found out that she was sharing such knowledge with an underling, well...Cyrus wouldn't find out. "Sometimes...I wonder what they think of me. Of us. We don't really fit into either category. I know how we are to humans. At least, to the humans that know about us. We're just...I dunno. An army to hunt down vampires. When I volunteered for this, I didn't know that I'd be drafted into a special forces unit!" As Harri shook her head, her curls bounced along with her. "I mean, do I look like I'm a soldier? I'd have to wear three bras just to run right!"

"I thought the idea was to make it so you don't look like a soldier," Marie replied, lowering her coffee and setting it down on the table with a small thunk. "I mean, I'm certainly never against a gal in uniform but if you look like an enemy, there's a greater chance you lose the element of surprise. But if you look like a normal person, it's probably much easier to get the element of surprise. Considering the first one we brought in chewed his way through the handcuffs..." She frowned slightly then shook her head, reaching out with one hand and setting it on the arm of Harriet's chair. "But you're fantastic, don't forget that. You're one of the only people out there who can actually fight against these monsters and save people. You're basically like Spiderman or something."

The doubt on Harriet's face was replaced with a warm smile as Marie spoke. Maybe she was right. All the danger aside, they were protecting people. And that had to be for the best. Even if she wasn't the fastest or most athletic Chimera on the roster, she was just as formidable. taking another sip of her coffee with one hand, Harri placed her other hand atop her date's. "Spiderman, huh?" she asked, a warm chuckle rising in her throat. "I wish I could stick to walls and stuff. I can just alter the stress levels in a setting."

The first time she tried it...didn't end up being very pretty. The only other person in the room was her combat trainer (now that she looked back on it, ended up being a bad idea to start with). All the other Chimeras had physical abilities that assisted with combat, so hers ended up being a big shock for everyone. especially her. One broken leg later and Harriet was careful with her abilities. Thankfully, the walking boot she currently wore wasn't too bad.

"Lanham says that he thinks I'll be able to work with a whole spectrum of emotion eventually, once we get more information." Harriet added with a shrug. But enough about me. Tell me about you. I mean...you know. You know so much about me but I hardly know more than your taste in coffee!"

"That's still cool," Marie mumbled to herself, taking a sip of her coffee. When the questions suddenly turned to her, she looked momentarily surprised before smiling and scratching the back of her head. "Oh, shoot, well my life is pretty boring. I basically just work all day long. I guess I can tell you whatever you want to know but I'm not really sure where to start." Was she supposed to say what her favorite color was or something like that? It was all very strange. She'd never actually been on a date before either which really wasn't helping.