PerkyHedgewitch

Anne McCaffrey

Who else here is fascinated with Anne McCafrey's depictions of dragons and the culture she built in her Pern books?

I am! I have been a fan of Anee McCaffrey's for decades. Pern is a great world to visit even if it lacks a lot of civilazation's good points like modern medecine. It does have dragons and fire lizards.

I also love her Ship books, Powers That Be, Telepathy and some of the Unicorn ones. Anyone else a McCaffrey fan? Mystery romance lover also? Read Stitch in the Snow. It's awesome. biggrin.gif

My parents got me a beautifully illustrated copy of one of the Acorna books. I really want to get the rest of the series, so it all makes sense. Are those the unicorn books you're talking about?

Yes, I have some of them, but not all of the Acorna books.

I have the books set on Peytabe, most of the dragon series, the harper hall trilogy, some of the brain and brawn ships books, Restoree, Get Off That Unicorn, Damia and her children the telekinetic books with T-1's and other T's.

I really like all of her books in the Fantasy world and most of the others. The Lady and I never became close friends. Just didn't like it like almost all of the others.

Have you read the the books where they emigrate to Pern?

I think I read one or two of the books where they're settling Pern and first learning about fire lizards, and trying to breed them larger to fight Thread. It's been a really long time though. I'd love to find those again. I may have to check out my favorite used book store next time I'm out that way. They have a huge McCaffrey section.