jerzeeshadow

TJ's Take Egg/Leave Egg Trading Site

Must have been a glitch, it's there for me.

Wish they would add a bit about trying to leave something 'nice' for the next person, so many people use it to grab nice stuff and leave random AP junk or grab and run. sad.gif

LOL! I was concerned about the title as well XD Thought you were telling TJ to leave and delete the site, haha.

It looks like the domain expired for the entire dcrecords site. I wonder if he'll renew it?

LOL! I was concerned about the title as well xd.png Thought you were telling TJ to leave and delete the site, haha.

It looks like the domain expired for the entire dcrecords site. I wonder if he'll renew it?

are you guys not seeing it? It's working fine for me.

ok that's weird, it was working for me until i tried to log in to see my stats, now I'm getting the domain expired mssg.

Edited by Tawanda001

Geez...almost had a heart attack. I read that as "TJ's Leave"and "Take Site Down!"

Me, too!

PLEASE put an 'is' between 'site' and 'down'; we have older people here, and people with health issues, don't need to trigger actual heart attacks, lol.

Edit: never said I could type...

signed,

The Official Typo Queen

Re-edit: I was actually scared in that split second between seeing it and getting on the thread (thank the Dragon Gods no lag at that point, lol,) that it would be something to the effect of TJ not yet having officially announced that he might be leaving and taking the site down, lol.

Any demand by a member for TJ to take the site down would have been answered by millions of dragons unwilling to be deleted. xd.png

Edited by Syphoneira

Please edit the friggin title, its super misleading.

it should say "DC records site is down"

Also I didnt use it much so its not something I'm particularly sad/bothered about.

Edited by AnanoKimi

It's back up now! smile.gif

What the heck, maybe I live in an alternate universe! ?

It's still down for me as unable to find the server.

It's up for me - maybe a cache issue?

It's up for me - maybe a cache issue?

ctrl f5 doesn't help, that's all I know to do.

I can't get to it going thru a google search either

eta: what the heck I need to run some cleaners and scans anyway, maybe a restart will fix it rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tawanda001

If a browser restart doesn't clear the cache maybe manually clean it? Firefox (which is pretty much all I use) clears the cache when I close the browser but I think some of the other browsers have a way to manually clean. If that doesn't work you could try manually removing your cookies of the take/leave site and see if that works.

edit: I like Ruby Eyes idea - She knows much more about these type of things than I do.

Edited by rubyshoes

The domain expired, which means it was probably wiped from all domain name servers (DNS). With the renewal of the domain, all those DNS entries have to be renewed as well, and the "knowledge" of them has to be spread around the world which can take up to 24ish hours. Maybe the DNS of your provider is just a bit slower than others.

The domain expired, which means it was probably wiped from all domain name servers (DNS). With the renewal of the domain, all those DNS entries have to be renewed as well, and the "knowledge" of them has to be spread around the world which can take up to 24ish hours. Maybe the DNS of your provider is just a bit slower than others.

Exactly, well stated. smile.gif

It's back up for me as well.

Oh, I see, I am in a rather out of the way area in the Appalachians.

Would that also explain why I could apparently access it for a bit longer than some other people?

None of the clearing, cleaning or restarting has helped so I guess I'll just go have more coffee and wait. cool.gif

....and more than 36 hours later it's finally back, gotta love my ISP rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tawanda001

Good! I'm glad to see the site's back online <3

Now, if I was only not egg-locked... biggrin.gif

Will add something nice there soon!

Since the site is up I'm going to change the title so that this would then be left open as a general fan site thread for the take/leave site since we don't have a thread for it yet..

Edited by rubyshoes

Thank you to rubyshoes for turning this humble little thread into a full-fledged forum thread! <3

biggrin.gif

Thank you to rubyshoes for turning this humble little thread into a full-fledged forum thread! <3

biggrin.gif

Your welcome smile.gif Thanks for starting the thread.

The sites acting up again....

This time the page begins to load, but then just goes to a blank page. All white background, with no text or picts. sad.gif

Anyone else having similar issues?

Yeah. All I'm getting is a white page as well (I'll PM TJ).

Feel free to PM TJ - I haven't heard back from when I PM'd and forgot to track the message.