FlameWingzz

The Ember Cup - Character Sheet Approval

OK, I'll just have to think of some other rich humans hoping to give their dragons an edge.

Next question! (Heheheh) Would there be classes of fighters, like the light female or the middleweight male, etc, or would it just depend on the match? I like it when things depend on the match, it gives you lots more freedom.

Brief question: Should the humans take off the chains on the wings of arena fighters? I was hoping to RP a Neotropical of mine and the strategy I'm thinking of is useless without wings.

...hm, I guess they could. I'll add that in.

Remember, a wizard enchanted the arena to keep the people watching from getting hurt, so he might as well also have enchanted it so that there is a sort of magical roof to the whole place. Oh, and that way, if it's raining, they won't have to cancel any battles.

I will soon be adding an Xenowyrm character into the RP BUT I CAN'T CHOOSE WHICH TYPE I WANT! D: They're all so fabulous...

Obviously I can't use a Chrono (Time control = OP) or Thalassa because they're water-dwelling... and I don't have Pyro... so I will either use Astrapi, Gaia, or Mageia.

...I don't like the Astrapi's behavior and Gaia is kind of boring in my opinion so I think I'll go with Mageia. But mine hasn't gendered yet so sad.gif

I thought you meant the name was changed. Silly me |D

I don't think there ARE other arenas. I believe this is the only one

There are others, but they are usually very small and only house around 10-20 dragons each.

OK, I'll just have to think of some other rich humans hoping to give their dragons an edge.

Next question! (Heheheh) Would there be classes of fighters, like the light female or the middleweight male, etc, or would it just depend on the match? I like it when things depend on the match, it gives you lots more freedom.

Well, I don't know. If things depended on the match, the human who rented the lighter dragon would probably kind of angry at the unfairness. Then again, a lighter dragon is probably quicker and more agile. So I guess it could depend on the match.

I've added a new character, Xeloh, a Mageia Xenowyrm. On my scroll she hasn't gendered yet, so if she turns out to be male and I've already roleplayed with her, just pretend she was male all along.

EDIT: Never mind. If it genders male, I'll still roleplay as if it's female.

Edited by FlameWingzz

Darn. I want a Xenowyrm too, yet I am saving my last slot for one of Illias' eggies. On the topic of that, two others can claim one of the eggs.

Also Wingz, a Hellhorse would not just break a nose and a few legs. It would probably smash the face in with a hoof, and burn people with the flames gushing off of it

Darn. I want a Xenowyrm too, yet I am saving my last slot for one of Illias' eggies. On the topic of that, two others can claim one of the eggs.

Also Wingz, a Hellhorse would not just break a nose and a few legs. It would probably smash the face in with a hoof, and burn people with the flames gushing off of it

Yes, but you must remember, the hellhorse was tied down to the platform heavily, and so it wouldn't have been able to cause as much destruction as it could've without its shackles.

((okay, time to stop lurking~))

Username: Windra

Code: Vtv69

Name: Mie and Uki (no last name(s?))

Species: Hooktalon (the question is if this counts as two dragons or one, haha ^v^)

Mate: None

Personality: Mie, the head on the left, is sarcastic and hostile. She doesn't think highly of anyone other than herself and her counterpart. Uki, on the other hand, is oddly cheerful, excitable and nice. However, Uki is also the shyer and less direct of the two. She is terrified of strangers, so Mie does most of the talking (despite being sarcastic and hostile).

Appearance: Uki has shorter horns than Mie; Mie has cold blue eyes while Uki sports yellow ones that flicker like candlelight.

Background. Mie and Uki's parents died about ten years after they hatched, so they were forced into a crowded cell. Life went on as usual... until their ability (seen below) manifested itself at an older age. The humans noticed, and were intrigued.

The duo was moved to an empty cell to be observed, and rather mistreated. This experience affected Uki the most. In fact, she was never the same after the experience. Mie managed to remain her cold, aloof self, much stronger of mind than her counterpart. (They were taken back to the original cell few years later.)

Skills/Talents: Their fighting skills are just decent, they have no particularly enhanced senses, but their deformity keeps them alive in a fight. Mie's hide is cold, almost numbing, and Uki's is just heated enough to give a burn on contact. The contact must be prolonged (about six seconds), but it's still noteworthy, and useful for reasons related to strategy.

Other: -Uki has a strange fear of water. This has led the humans to use a pail of it to threaten them.

-Their handlers use a fireproof rope and clamp due to Uki's heat. Probably unnecessary, but they take no chances.

-Mie is fiercely protective of Uki, so while fighting, she unintentionally leaves their left side open to attack.

-the cake is a lie

Username: Dawnbane

Code: B3fb1

Name: Warpaint

Species: Anagallis Dragon

Mate: No mate

Personality: Optimistic, looking at the bright side in even the worst situations. Overly protective.

Appearance: Scar across back. Otherwise normal.

Background: Warpaint's owner was executed for smuggling dragons out into the wild. Warpaint was only a hatchling, therefore not having much memory of it. When being recaptured she was slashed across the back with a sword, causing her scar.

Skills/Talents: Skilled flyer, good at sensing magic.

Other: Warpaint can't stand the sight of blood, and is horrified by the red room.

(Sorry if its 'bleh', It's 3:27 in the morning in my timezone.)

So I talked to Flame, and now Xeloh has a sister xd.png

Username: Esko_the_Wolf

Name: Hexano (Mudu)

Species: Magia Xenowyrm

Mate: Lol nope. Perfectly open though

Personality:

If dragons were not underfed, she would have a largish belly right now. She is a cheery wyrm, and an impish eater with a large appetite. The underfeeding is what affects her most, as she is almost always hungry. She often uses her hunger to her advantage, looking too weak to fight. This often works, but sometimes does not.

She has a thick and strong bond with her sister, Xeloh. She loves to talk to her like a typical pair of teenage sisters, which can get pretty comical

Appearance: She looks a little lighter than most Magia

Background: {See Xeloh

Skills/Talents: Magic. Also playing dead

Other: :|

May I join? huh.gif

Username:RagnorokX

Name:Psychedelic Colors(Psy & C)

Species:Duotone Dragon

Mate:(None Currently)

Personality: One head(Psy) is arrogant and keen to rush into a fight, but a wimp if he thinks hes outmatched. The other(C) Is calm and collected, but will never back down unless his life depends on it. However, they are both shy when it comes to regular talk.

Appearance: For some reason, the red of Psy goes past the halfway part.

Background:Within days of his life, his parents were pitted in the arena, with Emorn(his father) sacrificing himself for Menasa, his mother, but to no avail.

Skill/Talents: Like a two-headed lindwurm(as in his mother), Psy and C are very seperated and can do completely different things at the same time. Psy is a light sleeper, while C seems allergic to asleep. However, dont try walking C up.

Other: ninja.gif Likes pygmies. ninja.gif

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Username: Tomato_Juice

Name: Luca (Ruloth)

Breed: Golden Wyvern

Personality: Fearless. Nothing can possibly scare her. She's wild and adventurous too, often going on extreme journeys to the unknown before she was captured. She is also extremely intelligent, and often makes up for her small size and average fighting skills with her wit. She's not the most sociable one, often keeping to herself. However, with the few dragons she's close to, she treats them like brothers and sisters and is fiercely protective of them.

Appearance: Luca is rather small for her breed, but she is arguably the most beautiful dragon in this land, many dragons would say. Her scales give of a radiant shine and she almost seems to glow with golden light.

Background: Luca was born to valuable parents. Her mother is a Golden Wyvern and her father a Gold Shimmer Scale. Some claim she got her mother's general beauty and her father's scales. When they were captured by the evil humans, her father tried to protect Luca and her mother but was badly bashed in the head. Now, he is severely injured though alive in a different cell and Luca often worries about him. Her mother fled far away during the capture to the unknown woods. The three are still looking for one another.

Skills/Talents: Her wit, and the power to manipulate people's minds. (Not by magic. I'm not making her Godmode-ish. She doesn't magically read their minds or use telekinesis or whatever, it's just that she's so intelligent she knows how to behave to get what she wants.)

Other: I would like a cell mate for her. Requirements: That dragon must be nice to her. Luca is fiercely protective of and close to her cell mates. I wouldn't like it to be one-sided. It you want them to get romantic and make eggs, the age gap cannot be more than 10 years.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!

Edited by Tomato_Juice

Username: Darkstorm34

Code: x0pcS

Name: Palan (Quin)

Species: Pyralspite (Almandine)

Mate: Formerly a Female Green Copper named Spirit, died in the Cup.

Personality: Palan has an attitude, and is prone to hissing or roaring at humans and sometimes even other dragons that come near him. However, if someone actually makes an effort to talk to him and become his friend, that attitude slips away, and he'd do anything for them. He occasionally, however, will still sit and mope in the corner of his cages with "no known explanation."

Appearance: The spike on the end of Palan's tail is sharp. Whether this was his doing or natural is unknown, but he uses it to his advantage in combat.

Background: Palan was captured in the wild and brought alongside his mate, Spirit to be sold. Palan did not get sold, however, Spirit did, and died in the Cup. For this reason, he is bitter and prefers not to talk to people. Especially about the Cup.

Skills/Talents: Palan has a sharp spike on the end of his tail, plus extra sharp claws. His flames are so hot, they can harm even the toughest of dragons with them. He can read the stars from his experience living in the wild, and has a very good sense of direction.

Other:

-Palan is a very skilled fighter from living in the wild almost all his life.

-He is affected negatively by water, often cringing away from it. Thus, the humans use this as a way to control him.

-The Cake is a Lie

Hey Cendres.

I was looking at your dragon and decided ours would be a good fit for mating. I mean the age is suitable. If you don't want them to be romantic it's fine, they can just be cell mates and good companions. Or if you dislike the idea of that too, that's fine.

Username: ForNarniaMC

Name: Goldron (De Dragnaire)

Species: Gold

Mate: Nope Open though

Personality: He is bold, brave, wise and just. When he is angry, he would roar and glare at his enemy. However, since lots of humans tried to kill him before, he became too careful and is usually quiet. He loves food and will beg earnestly for it if he is ravenous.

Appearance: He looks like any other gold dragon, but on his forehead, there is a small, red gem that glows brightly. He also have a small chip on his wing and a noticeable scar across his right eye.

Background: When he was newly hatched, he did not cry like any other dragon will do. His gem on his forehead shone brightly like the sun. He learnt lot's of things quickly. When he grew into an adult, he spent most of his time outdoors hunting and enjoying the atmosphere. One day, he was chased by a group of armed humans. He tried to fight them off, resulting in his face scarred and one of his wing chipped. From then on, Goldron became very quiet and mysterious. He is still hunted for his scales.

Skills/Talents: He is good at solving puzzles. He is okay at fighting, although he rather be kept peaceful. He is also a good hunter and an eater, since he loves food.

Other: THE CAKE IS A LIE

Edited by ForNarniaMC

Another dragon! laugh.gif

Username: Darkstorm34

Code: ZYEL3

Name: Komaa (Che)

Species: Undine Dragon

Mate: N/A

Personality: Komaa is known to some as "Lazy." The truth is, Komaa has given up. Various events in her life led her to believing that she could never stand up to humans, and as such, she became apathetic to what the humans did to her. She curls up in the corner of her cage, closing her eyes and looking up occasionally and watching the dragons near her. She rarely speaks, though when she does, she is polite, and not unpleasant to be around.

Appearance: Komaa, unlike most Undines, has a pair of shocking crimson eyes, which clash and stand out against the color of her scales.

Background: As a hatchling, she was torn away from her sister, Elly, and was forced to watch her mother go off to be slain in battle. She, terrified, was traumatized into fearing the humans, and thus, would refuse to put up even a tiny inch of a fight.

Skills/Talents: Komaa's manipulation of water is especially good-- though the humans don't know about that. She can bring up groundwater to herself from far beneath the surface, and, when no humans are watching, will play with the water, as if making a beautiful dance with the water droplets. She is not the best fighter, but she has a quick wit and is very good at fighting defensively.

Other:

-Komaa loves the sound of rain, and has longed to see a river ever since she was young.

-Her sister is still alive-- though Komaa does not know that.

-The Cake is a Lie!

Windra may be Elly, we were just talking about that!

Edited by Darkstorm34

Username: Capella

Name: Shard of Sky [designated by humans] [insists on being called "Shard"]

Species: Striped (black variation) / Nebula

Personality: Shard was born into a life on a timer. Living knowing she would be brutally murdered when she finally reached adulthood has shaped Shard greatly. For one, the hybrid dragoness has learned to occupy herself with little. Her imagination is extensive, and Shard has become pretty good at blocking out everything else to leave only her thoughts. For another, Shard shies away from making friends, having seen plenty go into the arena never to return. Shard struggles to be optimistic, and there are many days when she's on the cusp of no longer caring. Deep down though, there's a sliver of hope, a glow of resilience, a spark of empathy. It's hard to locate, but it becomes apparent at times when Shard expresses joy at getting a little extra food, or when she prays through the night for those dragons unlucky enough to be taken into the Arena. After all, only a dragon with endurance would have made it this far.

Appearance: Having had a Nebula father, Shard expresses some traits of the species, while mostly resembling a black variation of a Striped dragon. She's discovered that she can place points of blue and red light on her wings, supposedly like stars. Her breeder named her Shard of Sky for this unusual trait. Indeed, the small dragon is nice to look at, but too limber to be expected to last very long in the Ember Cup.

Background: Striped dragons bought a lot of interest from the humans when it was discovered that breeding them with certain other species produced differently-colored Striped dragons. Occasionally, hybrids like Shard appeared, taking traits from the non-Striped parent. Breeders took a great interest in trying to figure out what Striped x breed resulted in what, and Shard of Sky was merely a by-product of that.

Shard didn't know her parents very well. Her Nebula father was supposedly sent to the Arena soon after her mother became pregnant, and her Striped mother was bought by another breeder. Shard came to be friends with some of the many children of the Striped that Shard's breeder owned, though they were often sold off, or worse, sent to the Arena. Shard suspected due to her appearance that the breeder might breed her, but he never actually got a chance. One year, the man lost a lot of money on a bet during the Cup, so he had to sell a lot of his dragons to make up his debt. Among them was Shard. She was taken from her more homely set of caverns and sent to the community pits, where, nearing twenty years, she awaiting being put up for auction.

Finally, the dreaded hatchday arrived. Shard waited for that time before the Ember Cup began, wondering if she would survive this year during the auction or be sent to her death. Either way, Shard knew that she was doomed now.

Skills/Talents: Due to her light weight, and lack of heavy scales, spines, spikes, or horns, Shard can be quite quick. Her sellers will no doubt try to promote her as a swift dragon. Also, the black portion of her wings function like a Nebula's, in that they can produce light at Shard's will.

Other: Shard of Sky was born into captivity, so she doesn't know what the outside world looks like, or how to survive in the wild.

The cake is a lie!

Here, I hope this looks alright! Sorry, I had deleted my first attempt to post this because I was contemplating my ability to be active. I've decided I can keep up easily enough.

Edited by Capella

Username: Reega249

Name: Alia (Sweetsong)

Species: Pink

Personality: Alia is fierce and angry at all times and tends to berserk in battles, she doesn't have loyalties, ties or a mate, and has no qualms about killing. She does have a soft spot for hatchlings though.

Appearance:

Background: Alia had been captured quite young and was malnourished and neglected through most of her hatchling years, when she grew older she was trained to fight in The Arena, so thats really all she's good at.

Skills/Talents: Fighting, Influencing

Other: Alia has heard about the prophecy and deep down wants to believe its true

The cake is a lie!

Edited by flame249