Cori

Jackal's NEW AND IMPROVED art thread

Hey, does anyone remember me? I drew some stuff for people here, once upon a time?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Things have been pretty busy these last few years, but I really did start to miss coming on here and posting art for people to look at. I've made a lot of improvements with my techniques and my style since my last art thread on here--I think you'll like what you see.

First off, some Q and A--

Q: Is this a commission thread?

A: Eeeehhhhh......kiiiiiind of? I have so many dragons on my scroll, rares and commons both, that I'm not super interested in getting more eggs aside from new species. With that said, if you want to throw an egg my way in exchange for a drawing, I won't say no.

Q: So....it's a request thread?

A: Ummmmmmmm......kind of?!??! Actually, yeah, sure, it's a request thread. However, I'm working full time now, and my life is considerably more busy than it used to be. Requests might take a longer time to finish, and I might pick and choose ones I want over others that don't excite me.

Q: Can you give me a straight answer on anything?

A: Absolutely!

Q: So, what IS the purpose of this thread?

A: Well, like I said, it's kind of like a request thread. I find it easier to get disciplined when someone actually asks me to draw something. It's also a spot for me to drop pieces that I've completed and want to show off--artists love to toot their own horn, you know how it goes.

Okay, no more Q and A session. Time for some base thread rules.

1: I will have three commission/request slots open at a time. If those slots are filled, I will not take your submission or request. You will have to wait until a slot opens to ask for a drawing--no backlogs! They're hard to keep track of.

2: Please keep your request fairly simple, unless you're planning on exchanging an egg for it. No "character fighting character on a cliff overlooking a massive canyon with lightning in the distance and an elder god glaring down from within the stormy gray clouds", okay? If you have a question about whether or not something is too complicated, ask me! I don't bite--I promise.

3: I have a *cough*paypal*cough* if you want something REALLY cool. If you like my art enough that you're willing to actually give me money for it, I will be overjoyed. PM me if you want to go that route and we'll talk about all the deets.

4: Nothing inappropriate for this forum. If I'm uncomfortable with something you're requesting me to do, I'm going to not do it.

Finally, don't claim my art as your own, don't alter it or erase any signatures or watermarks--you know the spiel, so please respect my wishes.

Here's what I need in each of my requests:

[B]Username:[/B] Put your name here. No Bart Simpson jokes. 
[B]Subject:[/B] What do you want lil' Miss Jackal to draw for you?
[B]Media:[/B] I am both a traditional and digital artist, but I'm leaning more towards digital lately. I'll still break out the pencils and markers for ya if you want.
[B]Background:[/B] Try and keep the 'lightning storms with elder gods angrily peeking through clouds' background descriptions to a minimum, pretty please.
[B]Other:[/B] If there's anything else you want me to know about your commission/request, put it here.
-

I may also consider doing an art trade with you, if that's the route you want to take. PM me if you are interested.

Edited by Jackal

This post here will serve as a way for me to keep track of my commission/request slots, and as a gallery of sorts for art that's already been completed.

SLOTS ARE OPEN

1:

2:

3:

Have some art. Oldest to newest:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The last 4 images are from Inktober. Super fun, even though I didn't get all 31 drawings finished.

I like feedback and criticism, so tell me what you think!

Edited by Jackal

oh geez oh boy your art is really nice! I especially love your traditional stuff, people who are work with traditional media are wonderful and they blow my mind.

I wish I wasn't broke as heck because I want to give you money.

oh geez oh boy your art is really nice! I especially love your traditional stuff, people who are work with traditional media are wonderful and they blow my mind.

I wish I wasn't broke as heck because I want to give you money.

<3

Well, there are slots open if you want a little something in the meantime!

I remember you! Mostly it's your signature that helped me jog my memory. Welcome back! (Inktober yoooo I wish I had your patience when it comes to detail)

P.s. You said PM for art trades but I. *wiggles eyebrows*