MutieCutie

Oh, Um... Please Read me?

Please, Please, Please, Please.... Keep an open mind. I do not want any harassment.

THERE IS SOME COLORFUL LANGUAGE IN THIS BOOK.

Trigger warnings: Homophobia, Depression, Suicide Remarks, Graphic Scenes. (Not sexual)

Please inbox me if this isn't allowed to be here, or just take it down and tell me about it. I might majorly edit it ( a copy ) to post if this is an issue. Thank you.

user posted image

Summary ~

Follow the cynically sarcastic sociopath, a questionably gay room mate and a priests daughter in this terribly tragic teenage story: God Hates Horns.

Rory Dancer knows each and every face he passes by, the small town of Alba Texas closer to a buzzing wasps nest than a 'tiny heaven in Texas'. Seeing the world for what it is he has yet to find a truly kind person, his mothers blood on his hands and the people of 'God' pounding on the front door every day since he stepped out years ago for his first day of preschool.

Rory finds himself five feet from a corpse just after the big game and a beating, the spotlight on him when he realizes he's just witnessed a murder... Almost instantly accused for his deformity.

Running from the hell hole of a town he smacks right into Mary Springkit, the first girl he's ever really talked to.... After battling his trust issues he can't help but feel Mary's getting under his skin. This just makes the fact that her father is the local Priest even worse.

Clearing his name isn't his ONLY problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is narrated from a minors perspective, the skill and maturity of writing displayed here is purely within the writing and not the narration.

Prologue

It's funny how things slow down when you're about to die.

Every sound is louder, the lights are brighter.

Suddenly your mouth tastes like old paper.

You're not really thinking much of anything and you just go on auto-pilot, the weird sense of being hollow so real that you swear up and down that wind is trapped in your chest. It's even funnier when you step down off the chair and chicken-out, like a joke without the punchline.

Hilarious, isn't it?

That's kinda how things work in Alba Texas. You step up only once in your life, it's your moment and then you either blow it or you don't. To be honest I don't think that's how it works for me anyway. I'm different.

This isn't some sob story, This is life... More importantly my life and life isn't always fair. If you were looking for some weird fictional romance about a Greek god and an equally goddess-like girl than turn back now. This isn't some blood dripping novel or a mythical world either. I'm not a hero and this isn't my quest, adventure or some other bull**** shining knights do...

There's three things you need to know:

I'm not a demon.

I'm not fiction.

This is real.

Or at least, as real as it gets.

Chapter 1 ' F a c t s'

The doctor says they could remove them, The doctor says I should remove them, The doctor, The doctor... All I hear about is the doctor, to be honest I'm starting to think Mrs. Debbie loves the weird guy more than me, but it's no surprise really... Most people love anything more than me.

They probably love rocks more than me. The nursery is full of all that noise squabbling babies love to mix together in some weird ear nagging sound that just seems to go on and on... It's weird how babies don't seem to need air at all, their faces turn terribly red but they just keep going. The smell they produce is a lot more than annoying though. Mrs. Debbie is like a plum that got squeezed the wrong way and went south instead of north... This is actually a relief. I don't think she'd be able to stand with that pool floaty she keeps around her waist beneath that thick shell of hers up north.

"I honestly cannot believe you had the nerve to..." Mrs. Debbie huffed before shaking her head, the baby in her arms kinda scared, she was bouncing him harder and harder "to... to throw a chair at that man! Rory...!"

"What? I didn't want him taking that drill any closer to my head... I have a right to say no and you know that. Why are you so insistent to get these things off my head?"

I was sitting nearby, a slender index finger directed to my four bulking horns. They had taken a lot to get used to, shirts were a hell of a lot harder to get into when your head shreds them. Did I mention they also killed my mom? Doesn't matter... She would have thrown me down a well anyway, moving on to the fat lady...

"It's for your own good!" She cried in defense, her crows feet a lot worse today. That bulking mess of fake ginger curls made her even more of a joke than I am. "You know I just want you to be happy..." She took a breath, dark eyebrows scrunched together. Or she forgot to shave. "Why do you have to make things so hard...?"

She seemed really sincere but I knew she just wanted the protesters to stop slamming down her door every time I go out for Milk. OK, maybe I went out for a little bit more than Milk but they were still pretty bad... They had every name in the book and even new weird ones like 'Devil-Spawn-Child-Harvester' or my favorite, 'Horned-Fag-Licker.

"Hmmm.." I smirked, not really in a joking mood... "Lemme guess..."

She cut me off then, faster than a woman hurrying in morning traffic. "Shut your trap!" She sounded really mad but to be honest it was her who was asking the questions.

That was a while ago though, lets speed things up.

I'm walking down the road, the winds really working a number on my hair and suddenly there's a bunch of noise. I don't mean like Noise Noise... Gah! It was a damned dog barking up my old jeans, his black masked face happy to see me. Something was actually happy to see me! Well at least he seemed to be, if it was a he...

He was barking up a terrible storm, thinking I had food in my old leather jacket... It fit the whole devil-on-earth thing pretty well if you ask me but that little ****er didn't like me... No he wanted food... Jumping up and down the cracked sidewalk that just kinda did it's own thing.... The sidewalk always reminded me of veins. I kinda wonder how long it took for them to be there, ya know? Well those were my thoughts but to my feet they were a minefield. I could not step on the cracks. You know how you start to do something and then suddenly you just can't seem to stop doing it? That was what was happening and that masked villian shoved my heel right on one of those big, fat, twisted cracks that make you fall right on your ass.

I'm surprised I didn't crack my skull, the smell of earth filling up my head and lungs. "Bark! Bark!" He wouldn't just shut up! I knew there was only one thing to do.

that's how I got a piece of **** dog.It's about 10:56 pm. I'm trying to convince my room-mate that I didn't just say 'Tray sucks dick' but there's no fooling the blonde spazz. You think I'm a weirdo? Well he re-defines that sort of thing.

There's Five facts you need to know about Tray:

Tray rhymes with Gay.

Tray collects dead stuff, or about to be dead stuff.

Tray kissed me last night.

Tray has a gun.

Tray isn't Gay.

The room is pretty neat I guess. We got a desk to share, two beds and two chairs to roll around in. All our clothes go in the closet and then into the hamper. Simple. Tray is a huge *******, he really is... He grew up with me and we sorta just started beating the **** out of each other since day one.

I try not bring up the whole 'You're so ****ing gay' thing to him because he swears he was drunk off his feet last night and couldn't remember his name if you asked him. I know he's full of **** but I don't like to think about that stuff... I'm not gay either. I've never done it with a girl either but still. I'm not gay. I could preach it to the sky. Well not right now because it's raining way too ****ing hard against the only window we got. Kinda neat how it's crooked at a stupid angle. Actually... That's kinda itching my brain now...

Tray's leaning back in his office chair, picking at the torn leather and spinning, he wasn't a kid but you didn't have to be a kid to enjoy the wheels on those things. Fun. "Hey..." Tray looked over then all narrow eyed with his slick oil black eyes and curled lips, his nose super tiny and with his hair so short you couldn't help but notice the amount of forehead he had. He could have a forehead for us all... Praise the forehead king!

"Yea?" I act all casual, silver hazel eyes cool and relaxed like I am... Like this beer going to waste in my hand. "What do you want?" I felt my foot inch towards him with the flickering of a sideways glance. He was gonna say something stupid.

"Remember..." Trays voice cracked which made him do the weird suspense heavy task of clearing his throat, "When I kissed you?" He was trying to be cool, I know, but man could he be any stupider...

"No." I said flatly, probably as flat as my beer... The stuff was the worst, tasting like aged apple juice and stale spider eggs with just a drop of virgin blood. I'm an expert on this ****... Trust me.

---------------------------------------------

Edited by MutieCutie

This seems like it might be a bit too much for DC, yeah. I've seen people get warned for having too many censors in their RP posts.

As an alternative to rewriting everything, you could post this somewhere offsite and link to it with warnings? I'm pretty sure that's acceptable.

This seems like it might be a bit too much for DC, yeah. I've seen people get warned for having too many censors in their RP posts.

As an alternative to rewriting everything, you could post this somewhere offsite and link to it with warnings? I'm pretty sure that's acceptable.

Yeah, what she said....

You could link it, then make this just a general short story thread.

Though I do like the idea smile.gif

I will post more if you guys like it. smile.gif

Mutie, this story is awesome! However, I agree with the statement that it has a bit many censors in it. I don't know, maybe to avoid this type it in google docs and then post the share-able link without editing permitted.