AuraOfFloof

The Story of Moonglow

This took a while to make, I hope you guys like it.

Moonglow, a good portion of the storyline, and the Blood Oath are actually based off of a roleplay I did on ROBLOX a few years back.

The Story of Moonglow

I wanted to die.

It seemed as if the world itself was turning against me.

Wow, what miserable first things to say.

"Moonglow is dead. Moonglow is dead. Moonglow is dead." I repeated to myself.

My life sucked at the time.

Moonglow, my dragon, my faithful companion, had been killed, right in front of my face, by some. Her hatchling, having been captured by the same people who took her mother away, was traumatized.

Those horrible memories…

Here's a little backstory, sort of.

Moonglow and I had met when I joined a group of assassins known as the Blood Oath. It's not like we were those bad kinds of assassins. Anyways, Moonglow was their pet, and she always seemed to like me. Unfortunately, though, one by one, each member of the Oath started dying, until there was only me and Moonglow. At this point, the Blood Oath was known as nothing.

Moonglow laid an egg one day, and I was responsible for it. One day, however, I woke up, and went out to see if there was anything that she had to say, but one thing wasn't quite right.

Moonglow herself was not there. This was not the most unusual thing ever, as sometimes she went out hunting or doing other things. But she would come back or at least respond when called.

But she didn't.

The egg wasn't there either.

So I went to go to the cave, but I was stopped by an assassin from an allied organization that I don't remember the name of... I think it was James. He said that he know where my dragon was. "Where?! Where is Moonglow? Tell me now!" I commanded him.

The person told me to calm down. So I took a few deep breaths, and we both sat on the ground. The man told me that some mysterious group of people had taken the dragon, and that he saw them going towards the mountains.

I turned my head towards the only mountains I knew of, and he told me that those were the summit I needed to go towards. I said that I wanted to go there right at that very moment.

The young man stopped me, and said that they would notice me if I followed them right then, and that I would have to sneak in at the right moment. He said that the best time to go after them would be around midnight. At the time, it was exactly 7:32 in the evening. He told me to get some rest, and that he would wake me up when it was time.

So I slept. Speaking of sleep... In real life, believe it or not, a few years back my only dreams (I'm not lucid, so I can't exactly control my dreams) were about me being a dragon. I loved it, until the very moment I would wake up and realize it was all a dream.

Anyways, the man woke me up thirty minutes early, gave me a meal, helped me prepare for my raid, and sent me on my way. He said something as I walked away, but I couldn't make it out. All I heard of what he said was, "they--sto--drag--egg--look--too."

At exactly midnight, I reached the mountains. At the time, there were no signs of any base or anything, but as I looked closer, I saw a giant wall that I gave myself a nice hard punch in the face for having not seen when I was a mile away from the summit.

It took a while, but I found an opening. I went through only to have to go through a maze that took another hour.

The next thing I knew, I was in what appeared to be a massive cave. I looked through my telescope, and I saw a cage. Inside was Moonglow! I felt like killing every last one of those people, but I tried not to think about that, because I had to rescue my dragon.

All of the people were asleep, which was good news. I went towards Moonglow's cage, but all these tubes were attached to her. These idiots were draining my dragon's power! I quickly sliced all of the tubes, and then whispered to Moonglow, "I'm gonna get you out of here."

The dragon replied, "My egg. Get the egg to safety."

I thought about what the young man had said again. He was telling me that they had also taken Moonglow's egg! I felt like an idiot for not figuring this out until this very moment.

I found a keyring hanging in a stupid, obvious place. I took it, and unlocked Moonglow's cage. I told her to go, but she couldn't. She was horribly weak thanks to the fools who drained a good portion of her power.

I ran quickly to the egg, which, thankfully, was right next to a Magi Dragon. I tried to get it to use its magic to teleport the egg home, and eventually it did. I unlocked the dragon's cage, and it very quickly got out.

Now I had to get back to Moonglow, so I ran faster than I had ever run in my life to her. I got her going in the right direction, and she was gradually moving faster.

However, the ruckus woke one of the people up.

"Stop right there! Put the dra--" *BANG* "uhhhhhh..." *thump*

I knocked the man unconscious, feeling no remorse whatsoever. After many hours, Moonglow and I had gotten out of the place, and eventually reached our home.

It took a long time, but Moonglow began to regain her power. In the many weeks it took her to become healthy again, her egg hatched, and I had to take care of the hatchling, which wasn't exactly the most thrilling thing I have ever done. It was rather aggressive, but after a while it seemed to become nicer.

When she found out it was a girl, she looked at the hatchling, looked back at me, and said very softly, "I think I'll name her... Aurora."

The months passed, and Moonglow reached her full power again. By now, the whole town knew of the mysterious organization and how they were stealing dragons. They said that they wanted to do something, and it started to get rather chaotic. So I had to make a town-wide announcement that this organization would eventually be dealt with.

The next morning, I woke up. I looked for Aurora, but she wasn’t… anywhere. I asked Moonglow where she was, but she didn’t know either. We thought about it for about five seconds, and then we figured it out pretty quickly from there.

I heard a mumbling noise that sounded like it was coming from the mountains, probably them talking, and Moonglow made it out pretty well. She told me, “I heard them say, ‘It’ll learn to respect us we're done with it.’ GAAAH! I’ll kill them!”

I said to her, “Alright, Moonglow. Let’s discuss.”

The hours went by, and we eventually decided that we needed to put an end to this organization, once and for all.

But they were prepared.

As we headed towards the wall, many large boulders came flying at us, all of which missed by at least ten meters; it was actually kind of pathetic. I looked over at the wall, grabbed a torch from my bag, lit it, stuck it in the ground, and kindled the tip of an arrow.

I grabbed a large barrel of oil, and tossed it over towards the wall. The guards had no idea what I was doing until a second before the blazing arrow hit the barrel.

I had blown up the wall, once again feeling no regret. The maze was no problem, and we got into the massive cave. A colossal group of guards turned their heads our way, and aimed their crossbows. But then, for a split-second I was temporarily blinded. Right after that, I heard a very loud zapping, followed by lots of thumping. Once I regained my vision, I saw every single guard in sight on the ground, and before them…

…stood a Thunder Dragon.

Moonglow communicated with the dragon, and found out that it had been stolen while searching for a Magma Dragon.

This wasn’t exactly the most important thing ever at the moment, but it was pretty interesting. We let the Thunder Dragon go so it could continue its normal life, and then advanced towards the cages.

We found Aurora’s cage first, coincidentally enough, and I unlocked it with the keys that I stole the last time I was in this horrible place.

Aurora was running straight towards Moonglow, when I heard someone yell, “We need reinforcements!” Suddenly, we were absolutely surrounded.

There was nothing we could do at this point.

We were going to die.

The good people of my hometown would be absolutely devastated knowing they would never get their dragons back.

This couldn’t possibly be happening.

I began to draw my sword, when suddenly I was hit in the back of the head by one of the hundreds of people surrounding us, and I blacked out.

I don’t know how long I was unconscious, but when I woke up, the first thing I saw was a dagger…

…straight through Moonglow’s chest.

I got up, drew my sword, and eventually made my way over to Moonglow. I’d have to say I killed at least 50 guards right there on my way over.

Moonglow was dying, and there was nothing I could do about it.

A guard shot an arrow at her, and she started to make all sorts of horrible, wild noises, flailing all over.

Finally, she gave off one last roar, and fell to the ground.

This… was it.

Moonglow had been killed.

Here we are again, at the very moment where I wanted to die, where Moonglow’s poor daughter, Aurora, was traumatized. I began to cry, and then grabbed Aurora, started petting her… I was devastated.

Today is five years after that miserable day. Things started getting better a month after the whole thing: I managed to overtake the organization (every single person there was sentenced prison for life, yay), and all of the dragons were reunited with their owners.

I wanted Aurora to stay an adorable little hatchling, so I used a spell that stopped her from aging. She’s gotten really, really playful, and it’s so delightful to have her around.

*BANG*

Aurora!

Hold on…

Aurora, what are you doing?

*small dragon noises*

No, that’s not an answer. I was asking what you’re d—hey! Why did you eat all of the chocolate?

*more small dragon noises*

*facepalm*

Aurora… that is a no-no. Don’t do that.

*points tail to lake*

You could’ve told me that you wanted fish!

1 HOUR LATER…

OK, I’m back now, with Aurora in my lap.

Anyways, I’ve decided that today shall be the day that Moonglow comes back into my life. I’m going to attempt to revive her; in my opinion, five years is more than enough time for one to be lonely.

I need to find the spell…

There we go; I found it.

*random gibberish*

I think it’s working!

What the…? Moonglow is now floating five feet in the air. There’s a really bright light…

I can’t see!

TWO AND A HALF MINUTES LATER…

Moonglow! You’re back!

Hmm…? What do you mean?

Well, it’s a long story…

SOME TIME LATER…

*widens eyes*

You were gone for exactly five years. Every last person in that organization has been brought to justice, and every single dragon has been reunited with their family. You’ll never have to worry about Aurora growing up, beca—

Wait—what? Why?

Well… because I put a spell on her that stops her from aging.

I hope you’re not mad…

What? Of course not! In fact, quite the opposite!

Well, I’m glad you like what I’ve done. Would you like to take Aurora on a walk?

I’d love to!

Well, there we have it.

Despite everything, stuff ended up being amazing.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the story!

The End

*sits in corner, hoping no one hates on me for this*

Edited by Geometry Dash YouNoob

Hm...interesting.

Though it seems like you can kill and destroy things way to easily.

And I am not sure about individual story threads, but if you want to make this into a place to store and show off your writing, then I am sure the mods will be fine biggrin.gif

Interesting story you have there!

Nice...

I agree with Esko though, you seem to be able to kill things quite easily. Did you absorb the power of several Desipis dragons? tongue.gif

No, I was mostly just enraged by the fact that they were taking my dragons.

My sword, however, is enchanted, which explains why it was piercing the guards' armor just like *snaps fingers* that.

If only I could remember where I got it...

Or where it was enchanted.

My bow is also enchanted, but the enchantment seems to be... I don't know, disappearing.

I do enjoy demolition, but not demolition upon useful or otherwise good structures.

The next story I make most likely isn't gonna be, umm...

violent.

You know, I have no idea how I threw that big, fat, heavy, oily barrel.

I don't have any idea either.

Oh! Hi, Moonglow. How long have you been listening to me?

As long as you've been talking.

*blushes*

Ooh, lookie there.

So...you seem to have a swirling imagination. I look forward to your next entry

Edit: though, I have to ask, what kind of dragon is Moonglow? I never found anything...so...('u')

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Ooh, lookie there.

So...you seem to have a swirling imagination. I look forward to your next entry

Edit: though, I have to ask, what kind of dragon is Moonglow? I never found anything...so...('u')

I'm fairly sure she's a Frostbite.

It's not guaranteed, but--

Yes, I am a Frostbite Dragon.

Good to know.

~ You might otherwise know me as Aura of Imagination. I'm pretty sure you people can see why now, although I've never been known for my writing until after I made this story. ~

Aah, okay o3o Just checking

I need a writing thread as well.

Soon, soon