Talk about your experience LARPing or ask questions. I am thinking of writing a book on LARP, but have zero experience doing one. i am curious to see if any one here has done one.

Have you ever been part of a LARP or thought about being part of one?

If you have been a part of one, what was/is it like? What rules did you have? How many people? How long did it last? Have you ever helped run/organize one? How much structure did it have?

Discussion

Edited by Lady_DragonRider

I personally have never played, but I would sometimes watch my husband play with his friends. For a while he used to pay $20 to a friend who would make his sword, but then the guy would start slacking, and eventually one day my husband just decided "screw it, I'll just make it myself." So he went out and started making his own swords and shields. I never paid too much attention to the detail unless he would practically throw it in my face, telling me all about it. I think it's a good hobby to get into if you're into gaming, because it gets you outside and exercising. Sure he comes away with a couple of bruises and a broken shield or sword, but he has a lot of fun doing it and at night he sleeps like a baby. rolleyes.gif

My mum was looking for an outside activatah for me to do, and then my mum found this thing called swordcraft, it was LARP, and my mum tried it and she loved it.