Katie

First expericnce on DC

The other day I was thinking about the first time I signed up for DC. I joined in the Summer of 2009 and honestly, I had no idea what I was doing but I also didn't know I would enjoy DC this much and my collection has grown so much since then. I'm curious to know what your first experience was like when you signed up and what you were expecting or didn't expect.

Oh man, I was pretty oblivious when I first started biggrin.gif

I didn't know that there were click sites especially for putting your dragons on, so I used these random accounts on manga websites and gaming forums to garner clicks/views for my dragons. This forced me to post pretty much 10+ posts a day on those forums and I even accidentally spammed (asking people to click on my dragons) tongue.gif

I also didn't care much about lineages so I have this extremely inbred dragon that I kept breeding with other inbred dragons and keeping those eggs...

Thinking back, I remember when the cave was only 1 cave with no biomes, and the AP was where I got all my goodies. I would rejoice happily when I got any kind of ice, silver, gold (even if it's inbred), and rares.

I've really come a long way...

I signed up for the forum almost immediately when joining DC so quickly became familiar with clicksites and trading. Didn't know the value of things yet so fortunately my CB Gold grew up before I managed to sell him xd.png

Lineage links didn't exist back then so the only way to find out a dragon's ancestors was to click and click and click and click to make your way up the family tree, so often I didn't bother further than the grandparents. I have a whole bunch of dragons that I stopped breeding the moment lineage pages came around xd.png

I joined in the fall of 2008, so my first events were the first Halloween event (vampires, event full of drama) and release of the autumns (their release had been delayed).