DustyBelle

A Gift of Books

This thread is for bragging about new to you books.

Gift giving occasions at our house almost always include at least one book. How about in your family or social group?

Did you get a good book this Winter Holiday or for your birthday or Hanukkah or Kwanza? If so tell us about it. It need not be a newly published book just a book you were grateful to receive.

I was given Command Authority by Tom Clancy which is the book that was in the printing pipeline at the time of his death this past October. I have just started it. I do so hope it is a great book. I'll let you know later in the OOC of the 2013 Book Challenge.

It came yesterday as its arrival was delayed for some unstated reason.

I got these books for Christmas. happy.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

By time Christmas came I'd already read all three Hunger Games books and had already started reading Doctor sleep (I have digital copies of all of them for my Kindle), but I just love having the physical books in my bookshelf. wub.gif

@DustyBelle That's awesome! I hope it's a good read. happy.gif It was possibly delayed due to the big back-up with either UPS or FedEx. unsure.gif

Edited by miss1nformation

I took for Christmas "The honor and the money" of Theotokis. I hadn't read it yet, but I 've seen the movie. It's the first political novel in Greek literature (by the term "political" I mean non-ideal, with description of the everyday pain).

"Run", by Eric Walters.

Eric Walters is a great author, and the subject of this book is great as well- Terry Fox. He's a Canadian hero, for you American people. tongue.gif