Sweet_Wyvern

The Blacksmith and the Apothecary

Tony thought for a moment, using the time as an excuse to lift the glass to his lips once more. "I.. am not sure. I like that she is passionate. That woman knows what she is doing," he remarked once he had swallowed.

"But what else? Surely there must be something else you like about her?" Bruce questioned, urging Tony to continue. He took another swig of ale when Tony did, and considered something. "Why don't you try getting to know her a little better before you try anything? It is just a suggestion, but try being friends first, discover something about her that you really enjoy, and then you can make your move."

The blacksmith stared at Bruce like he had just come up with a cure for plague. "Perhaps you are right... I've never thought of it that way before! We haven't spent really any time together since you and I left her house, I suppose I could name more things if I got to know her better."

Bruce's lips twitched triumphantly at Tony's enthusiastic reaction. "Just treat her as a person rather than a prize. S'not so hard a concept, really. I feel like Pepper would be the sort to appreciate it, and if it came from a man of your reputation...I think she will be pleasantly surprised."

Tony stored this information away for later, eyeing Bruce with a strange expression. It wasn't a confused one, it was just hard to describe. "Yes, well, I shall remember to do that. Thank you for your input," he said finally, setting down his empty glass.

Smiling to himself, Tony got up stretched. "Well, I'm not certain what to do now but I feel as though we should be doing something, yes?" He remarked, folding his arms and looking around. What did two brilliant men do for fun.

Bruce smirked and nodded in agreement, his own thoughts whirring in an attempt to find something for them to do. "We could always start preparing that potion that Strange gave to us. I believe I have most of the ingredients, but some of them will be a bit more difficult to obtain, and some we will have to grow ourselves. I could do it myself, but if you wanted to help.." he offered.

A smile lit up Tony's face. "Of course! I would love to help. Just point me in the right direction and tell me what to do," he offered, walking halfway down a hall to open up a closet. Out of it he pulled a hat with a wide brim and a unique shape, a feather sticking off the end. "Being in the sun, a perfect excuse to wear this," he sighed contently, putting it on.

(Looks like this http://www.costumesofnashua.com/CNWebSite1...ievalJester.htm But a red feather of course)

Bruce snickered as he saw the hat. "Well, at least the rest of the town will know just how much you have had to drink," he muttered, shaking his head. Tony had to be drunk to willingly wear something like that out in public.

(*cackles* What even Tony?)

(Oh, on that website it's the one that says perfect for Errol Flynn)

Tony pouted at Bruce, crossing his arms over his chest. "What's wrong with this hat? I like this hat. Its my lucky hat. And it brings me luck when yes, I have been drinking. So there," he huffed, striding to the door with a slight wobble.

Tony stepped out into the harsh light of day and squinted slightly, the hat shading his eyes well. "Where are we off to first?" He asked as he turned back to look at Bruce. He sort of looked like a pirate... If pirates had existed in that time anyway.

Bruce follows after him, wobbling slightly, and when the afternoon sun hits his eyes, he can't help but wince and close them tightly. "Perhaps we should stay in?" he offered. The light practically burned, and he figured that they could draw up a plan on where to gather the ingredients and start later tonight.

(jeez, sorry, I've been writing in a certain format for Skype, but I fixed it.)

Edited by lord-of-the-nerds-and-fandoms

(Uh.. Wat.)

Tony turned back and saw that Bruce wasn't taking to the light well, as though he was hungover. He knew that feeling. "Yeah. Back inside. But I'm keeping the hat on," he replied, herding his friend back into the house and closing the door behind himself.

(Yeah, this isn't from alcohol, but I imagine the effects are similar.)

Bruce's lips twitched and he nodded, a hand shielding his eyes for the most part until he went back inside. He went over to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. "Apologies, but ever since that first morning after you found me, I haven't taken too well to the afternoon light," he sighed. He sipped from his glass and leaned against the counter. "Perhaps it has something to do with... Well, I figure it does."

(I know that but Tony doesn't)

Tony leaned against the counter facing him, arching a brow. "Has to do with what?" He asked, cocking his head. Not mead? "You mean its a side effect of the transformation?" He asked rhetorically, stroking his chin. How interesting.

Bruce swallowed hard and nodded his head, then placed his drink atop the counter and shrugged it off, as if it weren't bothering him at all. "Possibly? I just feel much more awake in the evening, and at night..." There were other things too, things he should've known about and taken into consideration before last night, should've seen, but he hadn't. "Perhaps the potion will help with that."

Tony was still lost in thought, now tapping his finger against the counter. "Perhaps. It is likely these symptoms occur when you have just had a change or are close to one but we can't be certain. If the potion doesn't work, we can always try other potions, trial and error," he finally said.

Bruce tilted his head in consideration, lips pursed, and after a moment he nodded. "Trial and error is most definitely one way to go, although we should do so cautiously. We do not want to make things worse, which might very well happen, especially considering that we have no idea what we are doing with any of this," he countered.

He had a point. But Tony hated being wrong so he was just going to have to be right. "Relax, Bruce. Have a little faith," he said with a pat on the arm, then walked towards his study. "We should start with figuring out whether or not the transformation is limited to the full moon. Wouldnt want to accidentally step on your toe and then have to run for my life."

"And how would you propose we do that?" Bruce questioned, his brow quirked and arms crossed. He knew that Tony had meant for the remark to be lighthearted, but it was too sensitive a topic for him to take things lightly. At least for now. Bruce followed him into the study and glanced around. "Would there be any sort of literature that we might get our hands on?"

Tony had an expansive book collection, though not as large as Bruce's, that spanned an entire wall in one shelf. "I have a few journals and recounts, but it is difficult to determine what is truth and what is heresy. I would suggest starting with emotions, yours specifically, trying to exploit them in order to discover if they hold triggers for you. We would stop before any real danger, of course."

Bruce mulled it over, carefully considering what Tony said for a few long moments. "So we try and manipulate my emotional state until we get the reaction we want?" he reiterated, tone slightly skeptical. It wasn't necessarily a bad idea, it just wasn't something he was all that comfortable with.

"Only if you're okay with it," Tony said quickly, lifting his hands. "But yes. As long as we could find a way to keep you contained in case of a change, we could try brief pain, humor, sadness, anger- it would be helpful to know," he reasoned.