Lila

CAMPING

This is the camping spot we usually return to every year.

We put our tent a little farther into the bush and pull our small boat onto the rocks. At the top there's a firepit with some logs around it that probably some canoers made.

That looks like it's somewhere in the Boundary Waters or Superior National Forest in Minnesota. Is it?

If you're up to it, you should definitely try boondocking. You don't stay at an organized campground, so there's not a bustle of rude campers. But it definitely requires a lot more preparation, for sure. But I guess I'm just insanely obsessed with camping that none of this sounds intimidating xd.png

At free camps sometimes there is another problem . Some people put their tents and build stractures that occur much space, they think its their own land and don't let anybody else stay, even when they aren't leaving there! But the land is free!

About dirt, at sea camps that I go, you aren't dirty but salty (means clean, but you have itch). You take with you only sweet water for washing your face and your teeth.

This is the camping spot we usually return to every year.

We put our tent a little farther into the bush and pull our small boat onto the rocks. At the top there's a firepit with some logs around it that probably some canoers made.

That's gorgeous .-.

That looks like it's somewhere in the Boundary Waters or Superior National Forest in Minnesota. Is it?

Nope, it's Otter lake in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Nope, it's Otter lake in Saskatchewan, Canada.

What time of year do you camp? I never really thought about Canada camping but now that I do it sounds amazing.

What time of year do you camp? I never really thought about Canada camping but now that I do it sounds amazing.

We go early june for our fishing trip, that's usually when the ice has completely melted off the lake since Otter lake is pretty far north. But for regular camping we camp from may-september. Canada is pretty excellent for camping. Alberta and BC can be especially beautiful with the mountains.

Edited by Syaoransbear

We go early june for our fishing trip, that's usually when the ice has completely melted off the lake since Otter lake is pretty far north. But for regular camping we camp from may-september. Canada is pretty excellent for camping. Alberta and BC can be especially beautiful with the mountains.

What are the regulations about where and how you camp? I just know US is pretty strict as far as camping on public land goes.

What are the regulations about where and how you camp? I just know US is pretty strict as far as camping on public land goes.

To be honest I'm not really sure. There's regulations at national/provincial parks but as long as you aren't on someone's private land I think you can camp wherever and however you want.

I guess I've never really thought about it, everyone just packs up their stuff and goes and camps wherever tongue.gif.

To be honest I'm not really sure. There's regulations at national/provincial parks but as long as you aren't on someone's private land I think you can camp wherever and however you want.

I guess I've never really thought about it, everyone just packs up their stuff and goes and camps wherever tongue.gif.

Yea, that sounds about right lol. I just wouldn't want to get a ticket for squatting. Although it's probably more unlikely for that to happen to me in rural Canada xd.png

I love that idealistic image of camping I have in my head with the snuggly tent and the campfire and the smokes. However, the one time I've properly went camping was kind of disappointing verging on horrible.

Why? Let me explain you a thing; we didn't bring mattresses and/or pillows, only sleeping bags and the tent, and the food we so lovingly prepared over the rustic campfire burnt to the bottom of the pot, which meant that we had to crouch down in the mud by the river and scratch it off. To be honest though, I'd love to go again in the future - better prepared!