Maximus Toron III

The Memoirs of the Late Maximus Toron III

The following text is taken from the Memoirs of the Late Maximus Toron III, Roman Dragon breeder and Roman General. This series tells the story to Maximus' life through his dragons. Critiques to my writing style are encouraged via Pms, but please do not post on the actual thread. I will update this story every time one of my dragons mature.

Use this link to view each of Maximus' dragons.

So, without further ado, I give you The Memoirs of the Late Maximus Toron III!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcxKZV1UCwk

(official theme song. Listen to it while you read)

Prima: the matriarch

Species: Purple Ridgewing Dragon

Prima Toron is the Matriarch of the Toron family. She is the oldest of my brood, and probably the wisest of them as well. I found this egg while walking through a field in my youth. I stumbled across it laying under the remains of a petrified tree, alone. Upon finding the little egg, I immediately scooped it up in my jacket and took it to my house, where I sat it by the fire each night. She hatched, and my parents made me release her, as they were not expecting a dragon to hatch from the egg. It was the most painful moment of my life, but not all was lost. You see, many a time I had taken Prima out of the house to fly, and she remembered the landscape like it was the back of her hand. She returned to my window a few nights later, and I hid her in my room for years until she was no longer able to be concealed within the confines of my closet. This is when I left my home on the farm and journeyed out into the world to become a dragon breeder. During the years that I watched over her, Prima was my best and only friend. Not many people liked me, as I was a self-proclaimed Christian (much to the dismay and hatred of my Father), and Christians at the time were being heavily persecuted by the Roman Hellenistic tradition. I still remember our days out in the lush goldenrod fields of Galatia, running, flying, or sometimes just talking. Prima couldn't speak, but she was an excellent listener and always made me feel better after I had a bad day at school or with my father.

Secunda: My Alarm Clock

species: Sunrise dragon

Secunda is the second of the Toron Family, and was the second egg I found. She is the second oldest of the troupe, and loves to sleep until sunrise, when she awakens me every morning at the crack of dawn exactly. I found her egg laying in a grove or oak trees in the middle of the Cypress Forest. Upon awaking on the back of Prima (as Prima was able to carry me in flight by then), I nearly stepped on the egg, and almost crushed it's frail shell. The egg was cold as ice, and had an odd, rotting scent emanating from it, as if it had died. As I was practically starving at this point, I intended on frying the dead egg and making myself a meal out of desperation. It is unfathomable as to how surprised I was when the egg I was attempting to crack jumped at me! Prima herself jumped back quite a few paces, and knocked over one of the white robors that surrounded us. I was happy to have received my second dragon from this lucky egg, but at the same time, I hadn't had a meal in several days. I began to become desperate and angry at my own stupidity at this point. I fell to my knees and cursed my own name; how could I be so foolish as to leave my fantastic wealthy family for a couple of oversized lizards. I could have had money, power, a fantastic job in the military (as my father was a centurion), but instead I had given up my life to pursue what; breeding large lizards? I barely even knew how to take care of a dragon, and had little to no experience. During these years (from ages 14-15) I became despondent and depressed. I simply moved through the motions of life, not really caring, and my dragons soon took on my depressed demeanor.

Edited by Maximus Toron III