TwilightMoonDragon

Fakemon Website

Hello! As you know I am TMD. I am a huge fan of pokemon, and I want to do a project.

I want to start a website that is like GPXplus and fill it with fake pokemon that we as a community will make.

I will need:

Sketchers (I will be part of this)

Linearters

Colorers

Spriters

Website Designers

Pokedex Entries (those who work with these)

A way I can make the website (for free)

And players

Help? We can all work together to make this work! :3

Do you know how to code in any languages?

Website designers will cost you (unless you make everything yourself), and you will need someplace that allows you to use up as many resources a site like this takes up (These aren't anywhere near free). You can try hosting your site on a VPS or even a dedicated server, but don't go anywhere near shared hosting for a site of this caliber. I can give you some tips with coding if you'd like to learn c:

Edited by Rebsingh

I can make something similar to DC/GPX right? Sure, I'll take some tips. :3

How do I get a dedicated server or VPS?

You have to look around and see which company would be a good host. I can give you tips with coding and all of that stuff, but you should try to look around and see who's a good host for a VPS or Dedi. Have you heard of Project Nyoka?

I can work with descriptions ^^

Myadopts.com is for free ^^

I can be a player ^^

PLUS I can make splices ^^

I can make some splice too. but not so many because of the fact that i have to learn more about scratches

I think this is a great idea and would love to help out. I could work with descriptions, and although I am not the best artist, I can draw some pretty cool looking fakemon every once in a while. I've also done some splicing.

And I'm working on learning to sprite, but the deviantART community may be able to help there. I would think that many of the fakemon creators there would love this idea too.

I'm a decent spriter. I've done a bit of fusions and such... but you don't nessecarily need me. I'd still join, though!

*bumps* I'm willing to help out, I have a sketch of a Mareep and Sandshrew together which turned out pretty well. Would you include pokemon like the clones, Mewthree, primal dialga, ect?

I'm not good at art, but i'd be willing to work on descriptions for the Pokedex Entries once sketched/sprited or concept descriptions for spriters to work on while a sketch is unavailable.

PM via this forum is probably the best way of contacting me at the mo.

Edited by Takhesis

I've done a bunch of splices... Plus descriptions. I'm not very good at spriting, but I may be able to do minor things.

I'm good at sketching. Could probably sketch the site background for you. I can be some kind of sketcher.

I could probably do some base sketches, except for human-like pokemon, I can't do humans very well. And someone else might have to make up the names sometimes because sometimes I can't think of a single good name for a creature. >.<

Edited by SkyraTwilight812

To help you start this project, I could help you come up with a basic skeleton of a page! You know how every page has to look uniform, like on DC, PN, MS, and GPX+ (Well, every single website EVER).

Edited by Rebsingh

For a particular website, you can use Myadopts.com. It had a basic standup on how to make an adoptables site. However, if you think you know how to program one on your own, you can use a freesite place like weebly.com to start it up. It's free, and I even have a personal site there.

I can easily come up with ideas for characters, too. However, I'm not very artistic. Someone else will need to do the sketching/spriting.

Website design? Well, I can come up with the idea for it, but I'm still amatuer when it comes to actually programming it.

I'll likely also play this, too.

If you feel like contacting me, PLEASE use PM on the forums. I rarely actively check any thread outside of the Roleplaying section.

EDITED for more info and a spell error.

Edited by thegreenrobby

Have you checked out Weebly? It's a free website hosting company, but it has .weebly.com at the end of your website's url. If you want, you could ask for donations and then you can get that .weebly removed.

I'd love to join and help out! I can sketch and make colored sprites, and if you wanted, I can make splices of every pokemon except for the new ones (black and white and newer)

I'm a pretty good sketcher... I can do some decent sprites and definitely can do splices of any pokemon. lineart stuff and color it too.

I think of random names a ton... and can write descriptions to match whatever it is I have to work with (be it a name or a drawing or a general idea without anything but the idea in someone's head) so I can help in those areas.

Coding I don't know much about...

Of course I'd play as well.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Recently, I have been working on some sprite recolors. I know it may not fit quite right, but you could have some unofficial shinies or a certain recolor croup like golden or metallic pokemon or something

I can't believe I missed this. I'll help you out. I can do some sprites and stuff, but there are tons of people that are way more experienced than I.\

I will want to sketch for this.

I could also help with the pokedex entries.

I would have to suggest Weebly and MyAdopts for free website hosts. I'm pretty sure MySidia is free, but I'm not positive about that.