ausboy1

GFX Showcase

Critique time! The first thing I noticed is that all of your stuff is really washed out. You need to ramp up the contrast, like I mentioned in the IRC chat. I hope you don't mind that I messed with some of your stuff, but I find that it's a lot more effective to show someone what you're talking about rather than just saying it. Compare the first two sigs in your gallery to this and this. Second, if you have photoshop, play around with adjustment layers (selective coloring, curves, vibrance, hue/sat). I played around with the adjustment layers for your fourth sig and ended up with this. Once you find a coloring you like, you can even re-use it with other graphics sometimes. I used the exact same adjustment layers to make this. If you use photoshop, I'd be willing to send you the file with all my adjustment layers. Just slip your base graphic underneath the layers and see how it looks =)

On the other side, I do like the composition of most of your work. The backgrounds are interesting and the characters are well blended...I don't know if the backgrounds are their original backgrounds or if you had to blend the characters onto different vectors and other background images, but they look nice.

Your weakest signature would be this one. It doesn't have the same diversity and intrigue as your others do, and it just seems bland compared to them. I think I like this one the most. You're off to a great start, and once you start utilizing other aspects of the program you're using, your stuff will be really fantastic =)

Edited by shadesofchaos

I like the Kratos and Harlequin in particular.

The Assassin's Creed image, and the blue one under harlequin (idk who), need more contrast between the subject and the background.

Thanks for the feedback guys ohmy.gif I would show some of my later work but not really suited for this forum tongue.gif