Ruins

Baptism Of Fire- A Semi-Lit Marvelverse RP

"Yes, I will thank you for the advice. Though I doubt I will run away." Justice said proudly. Mamma no raise no baby.[/] Justice pawed the cement with her hoof and got ready to fight. Her horn gleamed in the bright sun's light, it was her technically only weapon. Her signature move was to charge at the victim and throw him/her up with her horn, then turn around and kick them in the face. I hope I don't have to do my signature move... "Well, in the first place no one really cared for me. So no one would really care if I died or not." Justice said.

"You say that now, but when death actually comes I think you'll feel differently... I'm a Necromancer, so I know about this kind of thing. It's rare that anyone really doesn't care if they live or die." replied Skullthief, swinging off the dragon-spirit's back and clutching the fang-dagger tightly, prepared to use it in case either of the figures attacked. "Anyway, to throw your life away just because you think nobody cares would be selfish. There are hundreds of people out there who are relying on people like us to just see another day. Would you leave them without protection just because you thought you weren't loved enough? Nobody cares about me, my family are a whole ocean away and probably have bigger things on their plates, but I'm still fighting and I'm not going to let them kill me that easily... And anyway, you're wrong. I would care if you died." Edited by Ruins

"Guess you're right.. Lets go knock some heads." Justice said ready to fight. That was always what her father would say right before he was about to fight. "So since you're a necromancer, can you bring back the dead? Oh never mind." She said sadly. "To answer your question, no I guess I wouldn't turn my back on the world.. Can we start fighting now?" Justice chuckled.

Matchitehew was about to respond when a beast landed on the pavement with such force that it rattled the wendigo's bones. This was terribly interesting now, what with all the grandeur and steeds. The girl was who he automatically identified as the leader of their troupe, considering she appeared to be the only human there and spoke with an authoritative tone.

The grey creature stood up, his mouth slightly open. With the amount of meat in front of him it was hard to stay focused. His shoulders rolled back and he no longer crouched nor smiled, instead he nodded to Hyplion in response to his allegiance agreement before looking back to the girl, who drew a dagger that looked suspiciously like a tooth. So she was willing to fight then? Courageous little thing. She'd be fun to toy with. Her beast, however, was a different story. Dragons were probably difficult, but his abilities could probably take care of that.

He stepped forward, allowing his claws to rake on the ground as his other set of hands tossed a stone back and forth. In his palms it became icy cold. The creature's narrowed red eyes scanned the woman before him as one leg of his went back and he feigned a bow, coming back up with a taunting glare on his face as he 'tutted' her, tossing the rock back on the ground so as to have all four hands free.

"You're a bad girl, here to do no good. Why not congratulate us, Mademoiselle? Your dagger lies waiting to pierce our hearts but alas, I'm afraid I shall have to kill you. My goal is survival, and you are now very close to placing yourself in my way. Think carefully: Is this your goal? Do you want to die like this? And what for? What is there to gain, dear girl? Those people are all already dead. When people are dead they can do no more. They are only a memory that fades away, and only sometimes leave behind a shadow. Do not bother with those that are dead, for you shall be dead soon enough yourself. Plenty of time to talk with them then, if you believe in such a thing," he crooned with a raspy, grating voice. Cocking his head, he looked at the flaming creature.

"Interesting. So you are not merely a pet. Looks can be deceiving, can they not? I wonder if perhaps I'm able to digest horse. We could always find out, but I'll let you do so if you want. After all, if you think that no one cares if you live or die, what difference does it make dying now from dying fifty years from now? Come, little Pegasus, what would you mind?" Matchitehew called, eyes narrow slits as a cocky grin began to spread over his face.

"If you want to start a fight, I'm willing, though I don't believe it necessary. Must we kill to achieve nothing? You're so human-like. Humans are so pitiful in their utter denial of their own blood lust and rage. They are the truest savages I have ever known. If you think that you can 'knock some heads,' assuming one of those is mine, I really will be intrigued in how you will react to how it will pan out. You see, I am at an advantage. I have more information whereas you do not."

"I didn't come here looking for a fight, but I will defend myself if I'm attacked. We came here to see if there was anyone left in the building alive that we could help and if you respond to us with violence then we will be forced to fight you. Seeing as there is nobody left alive for us to help, the only thing I can do is try and help their spirits depart in peace before I leave myself." replied Skullthief, watching the creature suspiciously; something about it just put her back up, something told her that it was a predator, and a hungry one at that. It's talk of eating people- and eating Justice- made her feel both sick and angry at the same time. Obviously it was some type of monster, so perhaps it was her duty to fight it so that it couldn't harm anyone else. But remember your own advice, if it's too strong for you, then you run! she told herself firmly, switching her gaze to the monster's companion. He hadn't moved an inch, but was standing and watching as if she were a mildly interesting television programme. "And I do believe in such a thing. I am a Necromancer, a shepard and protector of the dead. I can tell you've killed many times in your life; I have to power to raise those restless spirits from whatever graves they have and let them satisfy their rage one you." she warned, 'bigging up' her powers in an effort to warn the creature off. Despite her feelings of duty and revenge, she would still rather get off unharmed that tangle with such a beast.

The young girl walked clumsily around the street, just to see two figures speak. She remembered them, she followed the dragon's path flight after seeing the fire, flames and smoke that made her interested and curioused. She went to them calmly, curious of them. She had to see their faces, just to learn of them, just to know them. The girl smiled shyly, looking curiously at the two figures. One was a girl, and one was a pegasus, she didn't know what gender was the pegasus, so she just assumed it was male. She raised her voice a little bit, wanting a little bit of attention. "H-Hello?" She asked the girl quietly. "You.. have a.. dragon." She said, staring at the dragon. She learnt them well enough; time to use her magic. She concentrated on the girl figure, studying her entirely. She went inside the girl's soul. Skullthief, a Necromancer. Three abilities; summoning a bus-sized undead dragon that is under her command, transfering to the Realm of the Undead and lastly, singing beautifully into hypnotising her enemies. Weaknesses; her dragon summoning may take a lot of energy if constantly used, she is vulnerable when in the Realm of the Undead, and around thirty minutes to an hour after using her singing, she is drowsy, a little sleepy and out of focus." The girl investigated. "Around 18 year old, had an odd past, from Europe, surely, from a cult of Necromancers." She then added to herself, only. She spoke again. "Uh, S-skullthief.." She said, hissing. She didn't want to die for knowing the girl's name. She tried to investigate the pegasus, but couldn't for not knowing his or her true form. All she knew for now was that he or she was capable of transforming into a pegasus and engulfing himself or herself with fire and flames, a rather interesting power to have. "I wonder what is my last power.." Jessica asked herself.

Edited by Brainiac

((Oh, no... Not again. I hate doing this. Oh boy... First, the two girls are on the street, not the rooftop. The rooftop is on fire, so it's not a safe place for a child to be. And I'm curious as to where she popped up from. Did she walk there, having seen the flames and smoke? Did she follow the flight of the dragon? She couldn't have just appeared their by magic or been there the whole time, somebody would have noticed... Sorry. I'm just a nitpicker by nature.))

((Cooool.))

Skullthief groaned when she saw the little kid appear around the corner and adress them both; never mind that she somehow knew her name, the kid was in big danger just being here. She wouldn't put it past the monster to try and take a bite out of the girl if it had the chance, it looked and spoke just like something that would. She waved her hand at the dragon, and it looked at her with an almost expectant expression on it's shadowy face. "Yes, I do, sweetie... Now stay behind Spirit. There could be something dangerous happening soon and I don't want you to get hurt, okay?" she said to her; the Necromancer wasn't very good with children and feared she'd end up frightening her into running away, but at least she'd be away from the creature that way. On the other hand, she didn't want a child wandering around New York- gods only knew what the sickos that ruled this place now would do to her if they found her. "Hopefully I'll be able to keep you safe, so stay there unless I say otherwise... Please."

"Lets see if you can digest fire. I can tell that you don't like fire at all, so I would keep your distance from me. What matters now is saving the world from power hungry freaks like you. I said no one cares about me, but I care about the world. I believe that the impossible is possible, I think you're the biggest savage of all. You know, not all humans want to kill. Knock that smile off of your face." Justice said angrily. "Skulltheif, should I run now? Cause I wanna stay."

"Not yet, we've got that squ- the kid to think about now." replied the Necromancer, watching the creature and waiting for it to react; would it be angry and attack them because of what Justice just said? She was pretty rude, whichever way you sliced it. Would it try and go after the child, no matter what amount of fire and dragonflesh stood in it's way? And, more importantly, would she be able to protect herself- let alone the child she had just found- if it did suddenly rush up to them and attack? And why is that guy just staring at us? he hasn't moved or said a word... It's getting really creepy.

((Perhaps Jessica can learn her copy ability now with the mon-Hold on there's a monster? Confused.))

Jessica looked at the two. "My name is Jessica, I want to stay." She said calmly, with a funny expression on her face. She giggled a little and used her second power on Skullthief, influencing her minds. "Skullthief dear, I have super powers, just like you. I would love protection for now, but any rapist trying to touch me, would eventually just end up giving me a lollipop and leaving me alone, but that is no subject to speak of. What is the monster you constantly chat about? Perhaps there's something I can help with.." She spoke to Skullthief quietly, into her minds. She studied the pegasus now, successfully doing it. "Justice Felon is the girl's name. She's a girl, not a boy. I've mistaken. Her first ability is transformation. Justice uses 1/3 of her power to transform herself into a fire pegasus. In this form she is at her most powerful yet most vulnerable, if she is hurt enough Justice will go back into her human form. Though she can fly. She's a flying Rapidash, I believe. Her second ability: Justice completely engulfs her body in flames. She hasn’t completely mastered this ability. Also it is possible with training to shoot fireballs out of her hands. Simple fire manipulation and engulfination of the body, conjucting it on yourself. She clearly didn't master it fully yet." Jessica learnt Justice. "Named after her parents who searched for peace and justice, she's 16 years old and is an offspring to a whole family lineage of shapeshifters, her mother, a red dragon, her father, an orc. She wishes to be a hero and she's stupidly brave, fighting for anything that she wants to fight for. Her engulf ability is her own weakness, it emberrases her." Jessica still spoke to herself within her own minds. She played with souls nearby but then eventually let them go.

"So, what now?" She asked.

Matchitehew's grin evaporated and was replaced with a look of rage, a look of pure and utter hatred. He was disgusted by this petty fool before him, disgusted that it thought it could insult him just because his chosen food was human, not a different animal. He spat on the ground and sank into a low crouch, his nostrils flared as he let out a low, guttural growl. His mouth opened in a snarl, revealing several rows of shark-like teeth. Rolling his neck, his red eyes were locked on the Pegasus and her only, not even paying attention to the child whom had just arrived.

"You filthy little ignorant brat! Humans are destroying everything with their stupid cars and their aimless wars! I do not look for power! I do not want power! I look to survive!" the creature howled, stepping forward straight through a flame, his power the only thing keeping him from burning. A rage like none other was seen on his face, as if he was deeply insulted.

"You make so many stupid false pretenses. I am Matchitehew, son of Hurrit and his wife Alawa! I lived in a reservation until I was sixteen! I am closer to the earth than you can imagine, petty fool! I just know that it should be cleansed of the beings who are destroying it and I know that is why I am here! I AM THE WENDIGO!" Matchitehew roared, his claws raking across the ground as he spread his arms in fury.

"You DARE insult me? You question me? My diet is no different from a human eating a pig. Its better than that, in fact. How dare you!" he spat, coming forward, closer the the Pegasus when he suddenly noticed the child. His eyes flicked to it, and he felt saliva flood his mouth. Young meat was best... No! That stupid thing insulted him! She needed to be corrected or die! If she said anything more he would tear her lib from limb, even if she was made of fire. Such an insult to his character would not be tolerated. This rage was no longer just the wendigo's hunger, it was Matchitehew's anger combined with it. Moments like this was when he was quite dangerous, but if someone crossed the line in any way... he would become out of control.

Skullthief hissed in surprise when somebody talked into her mind; it took her a second to realise it was the little girl standing near her, shock and perhaps a little fear rolling through her when she realised that someone who looked about seven was talking like she was... Or perhaps even better than she was. And she was about twice Jessica's age, that kind of thing wasn't right, even if you did talk to dead people on a daily basis. At least she can look after herself, that's a plus. she mused to herself, wondering if Jessica was listening to her think. It was kind of creepy. The Necromancer was forced think of other things when the creature- it called itself a wendigo, she'd heard of them- decided to have a temper tantrum because of something either she or Justice had said, she couldn't tell which one of them had so enraged it.

When she thought about it, it was probably Justice.

"You've really done it now..." she muttered to the pegasus-girl, making a sign with her hand to the dragon-spirit; it took a step forwards, head lowering and empty-socket-like eyes narrowing, letting out a growl of warning. Skullthief looked at Machitehew, waving her free hand- the one not holding her dragon's tooth- in a calming sort of way. "I'm sure Justice didn't mean to insult you, sir. She's just a bit... Hot-headed sometimes. Says things without thinking, without working out how it would be seen by other people. I'm sure there's no reason for us all to fight..." she added, sounding truthful but inside not believing it a bit; the only reason she hadn't attacked the man-eater was that she wasn't sure if they could bring it down, even as a team... Then again, with three against one they had a good chance. But what about the mystery man?

Hyplion carried on watching, protected from all of their powers by his Blank aura; if nobody moved to attack him, he saw no reason to do anything. The future human sat on the bin that Machetihew had just left, watching them all argue and wheedle without batting an eyelid.

Edited by Ruins

The young girl looked at Matchitehew as he enraged, starting to growl and look at the girl, saliva drooling. "Could he wish to possibly eat me? Let's attempt at changing that.." The girl said. She looked directly into Matchitehew's eyes momentarily, studying him entirely. "31 year old, a Wendigo. His name is Matchitehew. Matchitehew is a dark creature. His soul is black and he hungers for the fight and the kill. He's not very easily aggravated, and he was probably going to kill you anyway, so saying something rude to him is just going to decrease your chances of survival, if anything. A straightforward and blunt creature, he's also surprisingly smart, and thinks several moves ahead. Matchitehew is also observant, but prefers to go right into trouble instead of working around it. He talks quite a bit with a crooning, rhythmical voice that is deep and eerie. A survivalist in the purist sense, he only cares about living on and will do whatever it takes to fulfill this task. Right now it means siding with the villains. His powers are simple, walking through human's dreams. It could not work on me for I can influence his minds and resist, unless I am distracted or so. Brainfreeze, creating a chill around him. More of scary than damaging but something to beware of. Cabin fever is the thing to fear of, something that will drive me insane. The best ability against him so far is just influencing him, for the least." She thought to herself. She took a couple of steps back and started attempting at influencing the creature's minds, calming him down in order to save her and even possibly's Justice's life.

"Skullthief, I am trying to influence his minds. If that won't work, if it even work, then you're free to do as you wish. I know you lied." The girl told Skullthief.

Edited by Brainiac

Okay, I'm not going to lie now- that is creepy. And I thought I was creepy, talking to dead people and summoning ghost dragons. thought Skullthief, glancing at the girl with a slight frown on her face; to be honest, in the back of her mind she was think about Magneto's telepathy-stopping helmet and wondering where he got it from. Would it be possible for her to make something like that with what she had? The Necromancer didn't like the idea of someone picking through her thoughts at will, privy to all of her Clan's ancient secrets and the secrets of her power. She could get in big trouble if Jessica split any beans and they found out it was her who had broken the silence... And not just the going-to-prison kind of troubke, either. That would be too light and friendly for a family of Necromancers. They were talking about flesh-taken-off-bones kind of trouble. Banished-to-the-Underworld-forever kind of trouble.

((Blech. Short post. :/ Shorter than my previous ones, at least. ))

Matchitehew's chest was heaving rapidly but finally slowed as he looked at the child. But all she had done was cool his temper. His temper was not what made him hungry, it was the curse upon him. It was the wendigo, and not even her mind-tricks could change that. And since she had only erased his temper, the only thing he felt was hunger. Oh, how he longed to be full, the stomach pains hurt him so! If only he could eat something to fill him! Perhaps the child was the key! Perhaps, just perhaps.

Drooling heavily now as his eyes took on an almost-sedated state, he moved towards the young girl. His arms dropped uselessly to his sides and his mouth opened in a relaxed position as it seemed he sleep-walked towards her. The white tuft atop his head bobbed and he slowly crumpled to a pile before them, his chest slowly rising and falling in shuddering movements.

Suddenly, all at once, he was back on his feet, hissing and snarling at the girl, though not because he was angry, no! He was doing this because he was going to eat her. His eyes narrowed slits, he smiled broadly. While not as dangerous now as when he was angry, he wasn't a passive little kitten. No, he was a killer of humans, a baby-eater, a mass murder and a hungry eternally starving beast.

"Come little chicky. Surely you're not afraid of me? I though not, you're a wise little girl. There's nothing to be afraid of. Mister Matchitehew is might hungry, oh yes. And you can help me appease that hunger. I promise I'll make your death quick. I do have a soft spot for children," the eight-foot-tall monster crooned, cocking his head as he crouched as close to her height as he could get. By now she could probably see with full detail the several rows of teeth he had and the little pieces of blood and flesh that clung to them.

((K great, orange xd.png. I'll PM you, we can work out specifics, how they met and whatevs. I've missed a couple pages, so I'll be warping time a little bit to catch up))

Krys

Krys flew low between buildings, she had pulled her hood up, but after years of regimented secrecy, she felt open and vulnerable, displaying her power so openly without even a facemask. She would fix that later, but for now she was focused on doing what little good she could.

A flash of movement between the buildings caught her eye and she thought she saw wings. Her immediate thought was Great, something else that flies. Can't I ever be unique? That thought was soon followed up by the realization that they might be other individuals that were like her: alone in this world stripped of it's protecting force.

She angled upwards until she rose above the buildings and then banked over the roofs until she flew right above of them. She let some of the breeze slip between her wing feathers. This allowed her to descend slowly while still keeping pace with the figures below. She kept pace as they arrived at the source of the smoke: A fire station, how ironic.

She landed on a nearby balcony and took in the scene. Six beings altogether, a man and a hellhound facing off against a Necro, a shapeshifter, a semi-real dragon and someone else she hadn't noticed: a smallish girl standing off to the side. She wasn't sure she wanted to be seen yet, so she took a deep breath and slipped into Ashtoni, her pet name for the surreal realm she entered each time 'ported. Instead of floating over to stand next to the Necromancer she "aimed" at a spot next to the girl and slightly behind her, ‘ported there, and then exited Ashtoni in a puff of grey-white ashes.

As she reintegrated behind the girl, she leaned forward with a curious expression and said, “so, what’s goin’ on?”

Edited by Krys

((I would just like to point out that by now Tarot would be no where near the scene, she wandered off a bit ago.))

There was nobody on the streets that Tarot walked down, everyone being too afraid these days to step outside their front doors unless they had to. This suited the green haired villainess just fine. There was nothing that annoyed her more than other people, the worthless slugs. As she dew closer to her destination Tarot began to sing very softly to herself and after a few verses began to dance and twirl along.

"Cano tasay noni, cano nimono

Kimah strata taday dato, nimo stprey datoo

Cano tasay noni cano nimono

Kamay sitodo lada nibonimoe"

Tarot was no professional singer, her voice being only merely pleasing to listen to, but something about how she sang would send shivers up the spine of anyone who heard her. She stopped singing and dancing when she reached her new target. She stared up at the building for a few moments before taking out her cards and performing a quick reading to make sure she had the right place. It was important she hit the right pressure points to ensure that the wheel turned the way she wanted. Not that striking the wrong one would be a great tragedy, but it wasted time and energy. Best to deal the blows only where they were needed.

Content that she had indeed found the right spot Tarot put the cards away and entered the bakery.

Edited by Fortune86

Skullthief gave a passable growl of her own when the wedigo approached Jessica and started talking about eating her, the girl's mind-bending power seeming to have done nothing but cool it's temper. It was still dangerous, still there and still very hungry- except now it had it's eyes a seven-year-old. That would be freaky enough to the Necromancer even if it hadn't been planning to turn her into his next meal. Taking a step foreward, she raised her tooth-dagger and glaring at it from the eyeholes of her dragon-skull helmet. "You're not going to so much as nibble her little toe if I can help it, mister." she snarled, well and truely putting her foot down. Malchitehew had used up all of his chances for get away without a fight, draining her reserve of patience dry.

Gesturing to her bus-sized dragon-spirit, she pointed at the wendigo. "Spirit, attack with lethal force! Don't let him get the girl!" she ordered in a ringing voice, and the dragon-spirit obeyed. It plunged forward with all eight front claws extended, opening it's mouth in another banshee wail and exposing two rows of teeth like stakes whittled from ebony wood The ground shook at it charged the wendigo, no hesitation or fear in it's primative mind. After all, why would something already dead fear death?

Skullthief was so wrapped up in that she almost didn't notice when someone teleported behind her- she only knew they were there when they spoke. Mentally cursing herself for being so unobservant, the Necromancer turned on one booted heel and held up her dagger to keep them at bay. The stranger was a girl- a girl with wings, at that- but that didn't put her any more at her ease. "Why do you ask? No offence, but I need to know who's team you're on before I answer." Skullthief said, raising her voice above the sound of the flames and the dragon-spirit's roars. "So, are you a hero or a villain... We're all heroes on this side, if it helps you choose."

Matchitehew turned and slid out of the way from the dragon-spirit, a growl coming from his throat. These stupid people really didn't get it, did they? Why not try to kill a human every time it ate a piece of meat? What was the difference? Why did they have such an aversion to him eating a human? Because they were ignorant little humans themselves. Ignorant little humans deserved to be punished and warned of their sins, for no human is perfect, no human is right or just. They are all wrong, it was only a matter of perspective. And in Matchitehew's perspective, they were wrong. So very, very wrong.

A howl equal to the dragon's scream, he charged, long arms thrust forward as he prepared to meet the dragon in battle. His 'cabin fever' ability was ready, he just needed to make contact, to touch the creature before he would drive it insane, for even a primitive mind like that could feel claustrophobic, could be driven to insanity. And if his ability somehow didn't work he'd outwit the thing, it wouldn't be hard to do since it was so dim.

"Such pitiful humans. Afraid, always looking out for each other, killing any creature that might come close to harming them. On the east coast there used to be wolves and mountain lions, but you wiped them all out because they posed a threat. And now there's an abundance of deer, and your solution is to kill them. You just keep on making your own problems, and even though there's plenty of deer, there's also an over population of humans. Don't be afraid to lose some if you're going to take some!" he called in the same grating tone, eyes red slits as he bared his teeth at the dragon.

Matchitehew sprang into the air, aiming straight for the dragon's back. He wasn't quite sure if he'd actually be able to hit the dragon or not, but if she rode it he assumed it must be solid. One he got on he would tear up it's wings if he could, dig in his claws, and use his ability. It it tried to snatch him mid-air, then he'd have to use his ability as soon as it made contact with him. Either way, he was dependent on his ability working. If he didn't, he was a dead man. Or beast. Or wendigo. Perhaps once he was in a safe location he'd posses that stupid dragon spirit, just for revenge.

The dragon-spirit was not a creature of this world, not any more; it was a ghost that was a step closer to the Real that most restless spirits, a poltergiest given form only by the powers of Skullthief's magic. It's mind was indeed primative, but for the job it was designed for it was not stupid- it was a mind that dealt in absolutes, what it could see and feel and touch. Like Matchitehew it had been a successful predator in life, feasting on humans and animals alike as it roamed the forests and farms of long-ago Europe. It had thought in terms of the hunt and the kill, what it could do to kill other and make sure that it was not killed in turn. Since dying and being Summoned it had been bond to the will of Skullthief, but no matter how powerful a Necromancer is they cannot erase the instincts of a natural born killer.

Growling at the little beast, the dragon-spirit watched him fling himself at it with the eyes of a cunning animal. Just as the wendigo was about to hit it, the dragon-spirit's form seemed to fade a little, becoming even more shadowy and hard to see; Matchitehew would find himself plunging through a thick, cold mist that blocked out all light- in other words, the dragon's body- until he landed on the ground again. That was one advantage of being dead, the ability to pass through objects and living people that was so famed in ghost sightings all around the world. It could fade in and out of reality, skirting the edge of the Realms of the Dead but never quite returning there.

The dragon-spirit shivered from it's blunt muzzle to it's spine-tipped tail, both from the feeling of something passing through it's body and the momentary feeling of trappedness that had came over it as the wendigo had shot through it's body. The feeling both confused and enraged it, making it turn to slash at Matchitechew with more force than it had before. He made it feel bad, and things that made it feel bad should be destroyed- and the mistress wanted it to fight him, so what more reason did it need to kill the furry little thing?

Krys

Krys slipped back into Ashtoni and out again meter and a half away from Skullthief. She landed in a crouched position. "I would hardly call myself a hero yet. Technically I'm a half-orphaned runaway. I'm on your side though."

She flinched as Matchitehew sprang at the dragon. "I followed the smoke, I'm here to help in whatever way I can." She stood up and flicked her hood off, "I'm Krys. I know nicknames are my stereotypical but I haven't come up with any good ones yet."

Skullthief relaxed slightly when the other girl said she was on their side, turning back to watch the fight between the dragon-spirit and the wendigo; she was still paying attention to Krys, shown when she gave the other a quick glance and a small smile. "None of us are heroes yet, if you think about it... But we're getting there. Slowly..." she said, nodding when the dragon-spirit used it's ghostly power avoid a leap from the wendigo. It may not be smart, but it knew how to handle itself in a fight without her telling it what to do all the time. "My name's Anna Novick-Pern, but everyone calls me Skullthief. It's an old tradition in my family, we change our names when we come of age. It's a bit like being a Time Lord in that respect, except we have one heart and not two. And we don't travel in time- just talk to dead people."

Matchitehew was enraged as he went through the beast. His power was just useless if the creature did that, so the only way to make contact was the less favorable way. Letting it hit him, just once, and just slightly. Then he would make that contact he needed to have, and insanity could be his power over it, just maybe. For even if it was no longer a beast of this world it had a mind, a spirit, a soul, and that little part of the dragon that made it itself would be driven mad, at least for a short period of time.

And so Matchitehew was hit. All it took was a claw, but he got four or five, and he was probably glad for it. He was thrown backwards by the creature's slash, and he grimaced with the pain, but slowly that grimace faded to a grin. A snarl emitted from his mouth and transformed into a roar as he puffed out his chest and shook his head as he rose it to the sky. And then his insanity, that cabin fever he had felt so many nights ago -could it have only been a year?- tore free from his body and attacked the dragon's sanity with a vengeance, pressing down on the dragon, creating a claustrophobic feeling.

Then he waited. He really had no choice but to wait, but to sit there and see if it worked, if the creature was driven mad to the point of self-destruction. Perhaps it would curl up into a ball, or pace like a caged animal or perhaps... perhaps it would do nothing. Matchitehew gulped at the thought, but prepared his claws if the dragon came at him again.

"So be it I'll tear you limb from limb and eat you ali-" he paused here, loosing steam as he crossed his smaller set of arms and harrumphed. "Never mind. I'll send you back to wherever you came from, okay? See, this is the problem with spirit beasts. You can't get any impressive taunts or anything. I don't even know if you come from anywhere! It'd be one thing if I was fighting something alive, but the fact that you're not and the fact that I have no clue where you came from... it eliminates all possible remarks that could be made. Not really fair is it?" Matchitehew complained, sighing. "I must be really insane. I'm talking to a dragon-spirit. This isn't even intriguing anymore, really. It's just more disturbing and unsettling."