Chiaki

DC Photography Contest #43

Yay my first time hosting *happy happy*

Okay, the theme for this week is happiness! Things, people, places, objects or even the picture itself that makes you happy. Quite a broad topic I know, but have fun!

An example: this is my cat, and she makes me very happy happy.gif

user posted image

The Rules:

- One entry per person

- Picture has to be made by yourself and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. If someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.)

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo; you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

Closing date: Tuesday, November 1st

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew

2: Simplicity

3: Summer

4: Wildlife

5: Black & White

6: Food

7: Macro

8: Farewell

9: Light and Shadow

10: Urban

11: In the home

12: Travel Photography

13: Pets

14: Red

15: Coupled Animals

16: Clouds

17: Green

18: Water

19: Scenic views

20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset

22: Purple

23: Out of Context

24: Snow

25: Flowers

26: Mountains

27: Old

28: Birds

29: Inanimate Objects

30: New Life

31: Play

32: Road

33: Leaves

34: People

35. Books

36. Statues

37. Nighttime

38. Candy

39: Fruits

40: Reflection

41: Transportation

42: Trees

Edited by Chiaki

Hm, taking a picture of my camera can be quite a challenge, so I'll have to find something else that makes me happy xd.png Shouldn't be too difficult. Count me in! *starts searching*

Cuteness

My dog makes me happy. smile.gif

EDIT: Changed picture to a pic I think looks better. smile.gif

Edited by Dragonwing1234

I was browsing through photographs I had taken a while ago and I found this one: Aladdin-kitty.

My Aladdin-kitty does indeed make me happy, plus he is standing on a crocheted blanket, and crochet also makes me happy. Two happinesses with one shot!

Ooh, nice theme but so very broad... Maybe I'll think of other pics to enter later but this is the first one that came to mind.

I was very happy all the time this summer holiday on safari in South Africa, but the happiest moment there was when I was able to make this picture.

We were on our way out of Kruger NP, and didn't have much time left before the gates would close, when we came across a bunch of vehicles together, so we knew something special was to be seen there. We asked someone in another car, and they said a leopard was in the trees near the road. It seemed to take ages for other people to leave so we could come closer, and the clock was ticking... I thought I couldn't be happier when we finally caught a glimpse of the leopard between the branches and I was able to make this shot (not my entry). And then, just as we were about to leave (time was really getting too short), she decided to come out of the tree and find a nice resting spot about 10 meters from our car... Resulting in my entry.

I'm sure my fellow photo-freaks here will appreciate how happy I was then biggrin.gif

(For those who wonder: we managed to make it to the gate with about 30 seconds to spare... The grins hadn't left our faces by then biggrin.gif)

@Fengari: That is amazing. I absolutely adore Leopards, they are my favorite big cat, and I would give anything to be able to take a picture of one. <3

Why are all the entries so amazing? It's almost the category of 'send in your best shot!'

This is going to be hard. ;A;

As for my entry, I'll see if I can find a pic that makes me happy. xd.png

I'm sure my fellow photo-freaks here will appreciate how happy I was then biggrin.gif

Oh I so can understand. Nothing's better than the moment when the animal is coming out of it's hideaway and poses for a moment so you have your picture. biggrin.gif

Great one!

:)

not a brilliant photo but he surely makes me happy :J

Edited by Lila

Is that a Spyder Victor I see? biggrin.gif great marker. I'm actually going to go play today ^.^ *happy dance*

Here's my entry - <3 Ducks <3 I'm thinking I might change my entry to this - Duckling What do you guys think?

Definitely duckling.

Ahh ! I thought I wouldn't have a picture by the closing date, but Mother Nature decided to be on my side today biggrin.gif

First Snowfall

First snowfall of the season . That's a record for us .

Ah, so you got snow too.

Been snowing for quite some time now. It's pretty nasty outside.

I didn't really want it to snow, but I didn't have to go to work today because of it. biggrin.gif

Makes me want to take a pic of it for the contest as well, since not having to go to work made me very happy, but I wouldn't want to steal your idea. tongue.gif