DarkEternity

Signature Contest #55

Welcome again to the newest Sig Contest! The theme this contest is anything 'Digital' or technology related. It could be your iPod, the latest car, the latest laptop. Anything technological. A robot maybe?!

e.g. user posted image

Rules:

• Images must be comprised of two or more images stitched, pasted, cloned, etc. together. They MAY NOT be a simple text slap.

• There is to be no flaming or drama in this thread.

• The size limit is 600 x 200 pixels, vertically or horizontally. Images larger than the required size must be asked to be sized down.

• All work is to be completely your own. Do not grab it off the Internet and say, "Oh look I made this myself!" No.

• Do not solicit votes.

• Have fun and be creative!

• If you are using a stock, texture or brushes from another artist, be sure to always give credit. Always.

The winner will receive an egg of their choice bred from one of the following donators: Gray means a donator is busy or un-active

Dk Labyrinth

Cariad Winter

Dragonhatchling

Tyracia

Terriah

VampireArmy

Lilyice

Zovesta

JaziandCo

Ardeo

NixAyum

* Rares are included with the exception of Alts because they are never a sure thing.

The contest will end on the 12th of October, so have your submissions in by then!

Edited by DarkEternity

Ooh, nice theme. And you might want to extend the submission due-by-date, since it might be a bit short...

I'd like to be in. I hope you understand that while I post this post, I am truely a busy man, and although love art and design I cannot garantee a great result ! Its also been a few months (!!) since I have done any Graphic Design.

So we can only use are own images, or stock (free domain) as long as we include credit?

Whats an example of a "text slap" can you give an example? Thanks !

Edited by StarDebut

For text slap don't just take an image and put text on it. The image has to be manipulated in some way, or multiple images meshed together, layer masks, c4ds, etc etc.

For text slap don't just take an image and put text on it. The image has to be manipulated in some way, or multiple images meshed together, layer masks, c4ds, etc etc.

Okay and we are only allowed to use our own images. Nothing holding any copyrights or protection? That would be against the rules

Using Stock, from like Deviant Art is perfectly fine. Stock is MEANT to be used.

What's the difference between stock art and as an example the above image, of dark punk robot? So we can include some non-stock art as stock art anyway??

Dark Punk?

It's Daft Punk... tongue.gif

Uh, just grab any image, really. We're not profiting off the creators, so I think it's okay...

Okay smile.gif Just making sure!

EDIT: Might as well put it in here instead of double posting. If anybody wants a signature ask me, wait in a queue and I'll happily accept various dragon/eggs.

ENTRY FOR COMP!!

user posted image

sources (excuse the fact that they may not all be creative commons or stock, but i did ask first in the thread) [1][2][3][4][5][6] [WIP]

Edited by StarDebut

Yay for Fridays!!!

Here be my entry:

user posted image

iPhone - Pocket Frogs - Frog

Sources all licensed under Creative Commons for use to modify, adapt, or build upon.

In retrospect, there should have been more space between the frog and the edge of the sig, and the words maybe should have been under the frog...

Eh. Whatever. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stealthypugs

Awesome guys biggrin.gif

The sigs are all so awesome <3

Cool guys, entries are now closed. I'll put up the voting thread now smile.gif