Stromboli

Artsy Shenanigans

Hi there! How did you get here?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

user posted image

Learning how to draw sky bison.

Maybe some day I'll learn how to draw something from a different angle.

But let's not push our luck.

I love the Avatar art! *Squee* And you're right, LoK needs to give us some background on Lin. I love reading fanfics about her because of this!

Thanks. :3 Yup, on the one hand, not knowing what the canon is is killing me slowly. On the other, the seventy or whatever year gap between AtLA and LoK means there is this enormous open world of possibilities to be exploited through fan fiction.

And update on the bison:

user posted image

why are legs so haaaaaaaard ;-;

---

ETA: Rather than do silly things like take a shower or have breakfast of be legitimately productive, I stayed in bed and finished this.

user posted image

---

ETA again:

Aaaaand it's done.

Here's the sans-background version

user posted image

Edited by Stromboli

Thanks! :3 I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Hmph... sometimes I wonder if I should break down and get a tablet to draw with. But my hand drawn stuff is usually only about as good as the stuff I do with the touch pad, so I never get one. :\

Maybe try borrowing someone else's if you know a person who owns a tablet. Experimenting will help you know whether it's worth it or not. The cheapest tablet from Wacom is the Bamboo Pen, around $50. It's fantastic and certainly helped me in my transition to digital art. smile.gif

I'm not sure I know anyone who's got one, but I'll have to see. smile.gif I mean, there's also the issue with me being a broke college student, and $50 is a loooot of groceries. Maybe Christmas.

I finally made my shipper gif that I've wanted to make forever.

user posted image

Thought about adding Tokka and Kataang, but decided to keep it to LoK ships.

Ugh I have so much writing to do for Tokka Week and I'm getting so little of it done.

Also, I toyed around with that image from earlier and tried to make it look like an old photo. Didn't work too well, but meh.

user posted image

Banner PLZ!

Size: Like the Valentine one.

Dragons (If a DC Banner): Silver Tinsel & Pink

Color scheme: Background: Silver. Text is Pink.

Text: 1. If Silver Tinsels are Shiny, 2. And CB Pinks are Awesome, 3. Then what's... 4. A Silver Tinsel X CB Pink 5. Stairstep Lineage? 6. It's EPIC. 7. In need of CB Pinks.

Other details: This should be like a slideshow.

Oh my gosh. It's been a while since I had a request. :3

I'll get to work on that as soon as I can. I'm presently getting ready to move back to school, so it might take me a little while. sad.gif

Banner PLZ!

Size: Like the Valentine one.

Dragons (If a DC Banner): Silver Tinsel & Pink

Color scheme: Background: Silver. Text is Pink.

Text: 1. If Silver Tinsels are Shiny, 2. And CB Pinks are Awesome, 3. Then what's... 4. A Silver Tinsel X CB Pink 5. Stairstep Lineage? 6. It's EPIC. 7. In need of CB Pinks.

Other details: This should be like a slideshow.

user posted image

Sorry this took so long. Let me know if there's anything you'd like changed.

After, like, a year and a half of being lazy, I'm gonna reopen this.

Should brush up on my skills again a li'l bit. smile.gif

Cleaning up the first post, and then I might dig up some stuff that I've made in the meantime. Made some really cool posters for the groups I was in at school. And I've made some awesome gifsets on tumblr.

Banner PLZ!

Size: Anything that's convenient, not to big though.

Dragons (If a DC Banner): Nebulas, blue and purple and an egg and s1 hatchling. smile.gif

Color scheme: Galaxy colors, like blue, purple, and black. Also bits of white.

Text: (GIF please) 1. Like nice lineages? 2. The Galaxy Paint Lineage Project 3. Join now to make and collect beautiful lineages!

Other details: I'm collecting banners for my lineage tongue.gif Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Edited by GalaxyPassion13

Banner PLZ!

Size: Anything that's convenient, not to big though.

Dragons (If a DC Banner): Nebulas, blue and purple and an egg and s1 hatchling. smile.gif

Color scheme: Galaxy colors, like blue, purple, and black. Also bits of white.

Text: (GIF please) 1. Like nice lineages? 2. The Galaxy Paint Lineage Project 3. Join now to make and collect beautiful lineages!

Other details: I'm collecting banners for my lineage tongue.gif Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Well, I took a crack at it. Turned out pretty big, though. I can remake it smaller in the morning, if you'd like. Just need to cut down the base and crop the sprites. But I'm too lazy to fix it tonight.

user posted image

[img=https://24.media.tumblr.com/3d681e79bbf4295a510d3e705cf1c1d7/tumblr_n6bpj8Yebm1r9fky2o5_r1_500.gif]

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change. smile.gif

Banner PLZ!

Size: About the size of the Easter one.

Dragons (If a DC Banner): Can I get a Purple hatchling and a Black Tea hatchling...?

Color scheme: About the same color as the DC scroll background if possible. Or whatever you feel like. I'm not picky.

Text: sea's Stories

Other details: IT STARTED RAINING AS SOON AS I FINISHED MAKING THIS FORM.

Well, I took a crack at it. Turned out pretty big, though. I can remake it smaller in the morning, if you'd like. Just need to cut down the base and crop the sprites. But I'm too lazy to fix it tonight.

user posted image

[img=https://24.media.tumblr.com/3d681e79bbf4295a510d3e705cf1c1d7/tumblr_n6bpj8Yebm1r9fky2o5_r1_500.gif]

Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to change. smile.gif

I love it!

Can you make it smaller, just in case? Thanks smile.gif

I love the colors and how it all came together tongue.gif

That's a great banner - hey GP CHECK YOUR INBOX tongue.gif

I love it!

Can you make it smaller,  just in case? Thanks smile.gif

I love the colors and how it all came together tongue.gif

Yep!

Moved the sprites around a bit so it could be cropped, but now it's not so huge.

user posted image

[img=https://24.media.tumblr.com/84eae004a7a7449360c80ab2f46c0ed9/tumblr_n6cxx37PZr1r9fky2o1_400.gif]

Also here's a little sized that the full text wouldn't fit on, but it's kinda cute so I figured I'd throw it in anyway.

user posted image

https://24.media.tumblr.com/ad9451e97c51e9ed8ad37e9217eaa635/tumblr_n6cxx37PZr1r9fky2o2_r1_250.jpg

*Squeak*

I love them! Thanks so much smile.gif They're going on my lineage page (And siggy tongue.gif) Right away.

I'm glad you like it! smile.gif Just make sure you save yourself a copy on your computer or image sharing account.

Okay, seacatsmew, you're up next!

(PS, it just started raining as I started your request. Crazy random happenstance, man.)

ETA: Wow, that was a quick one. Here it is!

Banner PLZ!

Size:  About the size of the Easter one.

Dragons (If a DC Banner): Can I get a Purple hatchling and a Black Tea hatchling...?

Color scheme: About the same color as the DC scroll background if possible. Or whatever you feel like. I'm not picky.

Text: sea's Stories

Other details: IT STARTED RAINING AS SOON AS I FINISHED MAKING THIS FORM.

user posted image

[img=https://24.media.tumblr.com/8d9c819e67d32f4fb58c4ad2cfebaedf/tumblr_n6d3vpmSz21r9fky2o1_250.png]

What do you think? smile.gif

Edited by Stromboli