Notice

All RPs must be approved by an official approver. Please post any new RPs in the Unapproved RPs section.

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Forest Children of Medicia, Pleased to welcome all
KyokoYei2
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 05:11 PM

Level 4

Group: Members
Member No.: 192,249

Arriyen nodded, listening to what he was saying. Though a slight look of confusion crossed her face when the twins touched his face. It made her wonder if they had telepathy. She looked at her feet a little embarrassed. "Ah... I was thinking Syria."
Mijikoi
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 06:54 PM

Level 8

Member No.: 50,711

((I forgot to mention that I'm glad you like Amrick. He's actually a very old character of mine.
It was pointed out to me that no one, really has to much information on Maverick or Artemis. With this in mind I'm posting a loose profile of the brothers.I'll put one copy here and one on the profile post.))
Lady Evirae
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 07:47 PM

Level 8

Member No.: 35,360

Nenileth had just arrived at the pen that was Silme's with a basket of oats and a couple of apples when Tassin called to her.
Seral and Kiva are here to see you.
She could tell he was grumpy at having been awoken minutes after she said he could sleep in just by the resonance of his thoughts.
Alright. I'm almost done with Silme. Just a few minutes, she replied.
All she got back from him that time was an exasperated rumble in her mind. Shaking her head, she poured the rest of the oats into Silme's trough, checked to make sure the heavy quilt used to keep the mare warm was secured to stay on Silme's back, and patted her on the neck while feeding her an apple. "Syria's dragons need me, Sil. And somebody's got to toss Tassin out of his nest before he sleeps the day away. Did you rest well?" Nenileth spoke.
As well as can be expected in this cold, I suppose, my little Nennie. Go get that bum out of bed and do your work. No sense in letting him laze about right now when he's usually hitching a ride on your shoulders. I don't mind when you ride because I was born for that. You weren't. Silme nuzzled Nenileth's hand.
Nenileth laughed at that. "I'll be back this afternoon. Maybe we'll have time for a ride through the forest." With that, Nenileth turned and walked out of the pen, hung the empty bucket on a peg on the wall and made her way back to the med-tent.
A few minutes of walking and she was back in her little room and looking at the black and gold dragons that were bonded to Syria. She tossed her cloak onto a small stool and took the note from Seral. "Thank you! Well then. What have we got?" she said as she picked up the awkwardly scribbled note. "An injured wing, is it? Alright."
Walking past her bed where Tassin was still buried in fur, she nudged the bump that was him. "Get up. I know you're awake now. We've got work to do," she said, making her way to the cushion Kiva was nestled on.
Tassin snorted, but wriggled out from under his cover and shook like a dog seeking to dry itself off.
"Let me see, little one," Nenileth said as she knelt next to Kiva. She gently ran her fingers over the injured limb and almost immediately found the problem. "It looks as if you have a small break in your upper wing bone. No worries. It doesn't feel too serious. Should only take a couple of weeks to mend completely, once I start it on it's way," she told Kiva even though she knew that Kiva couldn't really talk back directly to her. "Tassin, I need boiling water, bandages, Comfrey leaves and Witch Hazel," she said over her shoulder.
The small green immediately set to work, stirring up the embers in an old fire just outside the tent's back entrance, and setting a small kettle of ice and snow on top of the newly rekindled flames. When that was done, he scurried over to a supply tent that was set up right next to the med-tent intended for their use exclusively. Sounds of his rummaging through a few sacks could be heard as he searched for what was requested.
While Tassin was getting the things she needed, Nenileth went ahead and ran her hands over the rest of the small dragon just to make sure that nothing else was hurt. Finding nothing else, she placed both hands on the area of the break and closed her eyes. A pale blue light could be seen emanating from the area under her palms as a sweat broke out on her forehead. Nenileth used her magic and willed the bones to come together, fitting them back in place, and urged the healing process to start, ordering the bone to begin repairing itself, but at an accelerated rate. Nenileth could feel the magic taking effect and the dragon's injury responding positively to her power, but she could only take it so far. About 10 minutes of concentration on the break went by until the light faded and Nenileth removed her hands, breathing heavily all the while.
She sat back and grabbed a linen cloth that was nearby and wiped her forehead. By then, Tassin had returned with the herbs and cloth wrapped by his tail and the small kettle of hot water. He walked over to a small table where several small bowls and a mortar and pestle sat, and placed his items next to those already present.
"Thank you Tassin." Nenileth said as she got up and went to the table. She quickly poured out a small handful of both herbs into the mortar and set about grinding them up. When they were mashed, she poured a little hot water into the mixture and ground some more. After she came to a pastey consistency, she poured some of the water onto a clean, linen cloth and spread the paste onto the same damp cloth. Then she returned to Kiva and placed the poultice on the now-healing break and wrapped bandages around the wing to keep it and the cloth in place.
"This will help speed up the healing of the bone and also to dissipate the pain. You shouldn't try to move this wing at all for a few days. Syria will need to change the poultice three times a day, morning noon and before bed. I'll send a small bag of the herbs with you, Seral. If Kiva needs something stronger for the pain, just let me know."
Mijikoi
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 09:32 PM

Level 8

(([Artemis and Maverick
Name:Maverick
Race: elf
History: Maverick is the leader of the Viridel armies and the Children’s primary opposition. Initially, the prince joined the Viridel abiding his predecessor with a grudging respect and reluctant loyalty. A very short length of time passed before the princeling ended his predecessor’s life and took command of the Viridel. It was a night to be remembered for the Viridel, as the prince and a solitary male entered the council room and only Maverick and his compatriot left the room alive. Aside from his bloody rise to power in enemy territory, Maverick is known for his kidnapping of four of his younger siblings. It was an action that no one beyond he and his siblings themselves can understand.
Maverick has led the Viridel for the last seventeen years with the occasional rally against him. Each revolt is met with a considerable amount of glee from the prince. Unsurprising of the Viridel leader, Maverick is a strict leader, as demanding as he is cruel. Due to his natural inclination to cruelty, only few Viridel can claim to have his favor and of those only one can claim to hold the prince in his debt.
Appearance: Artemis and Maverick are the leaders of the Forest Children and the Viridel respectively. Outside of a very heated opposition the oldest brothers of the royal children share many traits the most notable of which is the physical appearance. These matching elven features of the brothers’ stop at only three dominating traits as each of the brothers has gone out of their way to widen any differences they have. The first of which is the similar frames that grant both sturdy shoulders and the long bodied build needed for the grace that a warrior is bidden to develop through ardent training. Second is the only feature no child of the royal family may escape: the golden eyes that mark any and all children of the royal family. The third of their obvious similarities is the height that both males reach. Both Maverick and Artemis reach a suitable 6’0” in stature.
Maverick the elder of the brothers despite his human appearance and fairer features is by far the darker of the two. His fair visage is a heavily deceiving contrast to his dark attire. His blonde hair has been stained near the ends a crude red color. The eldest Prince of Medicia often wears a lascivious and knowing smirk adorning his mouth in tandem to maliciously laughing golden eyes. The red and black of his clothing is unanimous in all that he wears unless the evil prince deigns to wear his armor.
Weapon: Maverick has a tendency to utilize whatever is on hand, but given a choice the Viridel will lean toward a broadsword. Beyond his sword, Maverick takes great pleasure in hand-to-hand combat.
Abilities: Maverick’s primary ability is the usage of the element Water. Commonly, he can be seen utilizing his ability on the field of battle in conjunction with his more powerful Secondary ability of Poison. His least powerful ability is the low-level empathy.
Bonded: Maverick has no Bonded to speak of.

Name:Artemis
Race: Elf
History: Artemis is the eldest of the Guardians and the leader of the Forest Children. Unlike his elder brother, Artemis had no opposition to his place as leader. What he did have, was a mind not his own informing him of his responsibility to the Forest and its demand of his acceptance. With a heavy mind the 11 year-old prince stepped up to his role and began the training necessary to perform his duties. In this same note, Artemis had the difficult task of convincing his siblings to remain and lead the Children with him as the Forest demanded. In the time since they first arrived to the Camp, Artemis has taken well to his roles as both a leader and a Guardian.
Despite being a leader capable of battle (being a trained warrior himself) has been forbidden to enter the battlefield by his siblings. Alex was direct with his part, citing that the elder brother saw to the running of the Children and how the Camp would fall to pieces with out. Cassia had been pulled aside by Artemis in his attempt to sway her to stop the ban. To note, none of the Children are aware as to if he was successful or not in his plan. The most ardent supporter of the ban was Syria, who firmly planted her feet on the issue and would not be swayed. Of course this ban would have had little standing, had Syria not thrown her weight as Camp Mother into the mix, convincing the Children and Warriors of the need to keep their leader safe. Suffice to say, that as capable as Artemis is on the battlefield, he has not seen one in some years.
Appearance: Artemis in a darker contrast to his brother claims coloring akin to Syria. His sole goal outside of caring for his triplet siblings is the protection of the kingdom of Medicia. Another contrast between siblings would be the day-to-day expressions. Where Maverick is sinister in nature, Artemis is often withdrawn and lacking in expression. The only ones privileged to see beyond the mask of indifference are his Guardian siblings and their Bonded. Artemis tends toward white and green robes whilst his armor is white silver and gold.
Weapon: Artemis is capable is using both the long sword he carries and the shield that comes with it. He does not favor this combination, however. Instead, he prefers his to go without the shield, relying solely on his long sword.
Abilities: Artemis is gifted with Healing as his Primary ability that helps make him a good leader sensitive to his people. His more talented Secondary ability is the Conjuration, allowing him light illusions and short end summons. With his Psychic ability being his weakest, Artemis convinced the Forest to restrict the ability until it was no more than a connection to his younger siblings. His gift, being honed like it was, allows him to communicate with his siblings no matter where they are. The limit being that they must all be in the bounds of the Forest. This does mean the Psychic ability is deaf to anyone else.
Bonded: Artemis has no Bonded as of yet.))

This post has been edited by Mijikoi on Jan 13 2013, 10:30 PM
Mijikoi
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 10:41 PM

Level 8

((I fixed them, I think. I'll have a real post on first thing I do tomorrow. It'll be around 9 tomorrow that I put it up. ))

Lady Evirae
Posted: Jan 13 2013, 10:47 PM

Level 8

((Figured it out. I think you accidentally added the first link twice))
Mijikoi
Posted: Jan 14 2013, 01:41 PM

Level 8

((Sorry, for being late, but I didn't expect to have to deal with HART until next Monday.T.T Invetory sucks monkeys. Anyway, This is what I managed.))

Kiva held still under Nenileth’s hands even as her muttering gave her partner reason to laugh. Seral delighted in the whole of the situation. In his delight he Syria the byplay, until the Guardian sent him back to the ink and paper to keep him out of Nenileth’s way. While Seral listened intently to Nenileth, ignoring the paper, a shadow sprite danced in next to Kiva, the dragon winced in annoyance. The sprite flitted about taking time to rap the red-eyed dragon on the head. The sprite also brought a halt to any reply Seral might have had with animated chatter. “Lady says to thank the Nenileth in large amounts. Says her Kiva was play where Lady said not to and got hurt. Also, says that you should not the breaking of fast.”
Seral, whom was far from interested in the ink and paper, pounced on the sprite in a playful exuberance. The sprite, rather than play, vanished in a swirl of shadow causing Seral to give a squawk of surprise as he tumbled over the edge of the workspace. It was sheepish green eyes that peered over a table at Nenileth with an apologetic chirp. In fear of a scolding, Seral carefully crawled onto the surface at a sedate pace. Once settled, the gold and black hued dragon gave Nenileth a guilty look.

----
“She’ll be happy. Despite being the Camp Mother, she doesn’t get to many Warriors.” Keid replied with a sidelong glance at Arriyen. A moment’s consideration and Keid’s grin turned mischievous. “Don’t tell her I told you, but she’s alright with it. She says that even if none of the Children choose her for a Guardian, none of you escape her care, so she can still look after everyone. “

Ananke peered up at Arriyen with an expression to match Keid’s in nature. Reaching out a hand to her twin, Ananke grasped the hand that rested on the back of Keid’s neck. Both twins were silent as they looked at Arriyen as though taking her in and deducing her nature. The moment of curious silence from Keid was broken by the laughter that bubbled out of Ananke’s and Ophian’s mouths. “Me and ‘Phian, think she’d be good for Mommy and Keid. ‘Phian agreed with me.”

This post has been edited by Mijikoi on Jan 14 2013, 01:42 PM
Lady Evirae
Posted: Jan 14 2013, 02:03 PM

Level 8

Nenileth listened quietly to the message from Syria being relayed to her by a sprite. As Seral jumped at it, the tiny thing disappeared, and the bags of herbs, bowls, and mortar and pestle scattered onto the floor. Tassin managed to save the kettle of water from spilling all over her rugs, but some of the contents of the herb bags now dusted the floor. As he looked back at her and crawled back up on the table looking guilty, Nenileth just raised an eyebrow at the gold. Then she stooped down and scooped up the bags of Comfrey and Witch Hazel.
"Well, I suppose I'll just send these with you then Seral, seeing as you've now measured out enough to keep Kiva comfortable," she said as she shook her head. Then she sighed and gave Seral a small pet on the head to let him know it was alright. She just couldn't stay mad at any animal, let alone small dragons. Tassin, even being an adult, still managed to get into troubles he should've stayed away from.
"Alright, Seral. Off you two go. I've got to clean this place up before I leave for breakfast." And with that, Nenileth proceeded to pick up the bowls while Tassin hooked the kettle onto a small tripod at one end of her room for later use and set about helping his Bonded.
Narannawolf
Posted: Jan 14 2013, 03:59 PM

Level 1

Member No.: 199,094

Nima gave Kiia a hurt look. "How mean of you to say that! Even I have standards! You know I don't like Centaurs, and I'm not exactly drooling over Orvin either!" As she said that last thing she quickly looked at her friends and checked her emotions. After all Kiia was Orvin's pupil, and getting her mad wasnt exactly on her to-do list. As she got sign clear she went on. "Oh did you hear about Celine? I heard she's now with that guy from the scouts, whatshecalled? How dare she! Thats her 3rd boyfriend in a week! Just because she can do some tricks she thinks shes quite something..." She grumbled. Anyone trying to beat her records was just asking for problems, maybe she should do something about that girl soon. Not that she was afraid of losing her position as most desirable girl around here, after all, nobody could seriously be thinking about comparing themselves with her, but its better to avoid problems then wait till they form... As she realized her friend wasn't paying attention to her, she fastened her pace and tucked at her sleeve. "Hey did you know? I heard Maverick is thinking of sending me along with you guys after you finished your first mission!" She smiled as she brought the news. "We're going on a trip together!"
Mijikoi
Posted: Jan 14 2013, 04:53 PM

Level 8

“If it’s alright with you, my dear, I’ll take them off your hands now.” Syria’s dulcet tones drifted from where the Guardian stood at the entrance, after having slipped away from her sister. Her smile was teasing as she looked at Seral. Kiva snickered at the fact her partner had been caught goofing off by their Bonded. “My apologies if Seral or Kiva caused any trouble. They have entirely too much energy, but I suppose I didn’t help matters by sending them on an errand I knew would help them with mischief.”

Kiva brought it on herself, Bonded. I told her not to agitate the bees nest. Seral snorted in irritation at the reminder of his partner’s foibles. He nosed Syria’s cheek as he settled on one of her shoulders. Syria however gave her irate dragon a chuckle and smiled at Nenileth.

“I love them, but sometimes, I think the darlings want to make me sad.” Syria commented idly as walked over to Kiva and lifted the small dragon from her resting place. The Guardian touched noses with the small dragon, giving her a sadden smile. When Syria set Kiva back with the intention of helping Nenileth, her expression smoother back into an amused grin, “They get into a lot of mischief. Now, how has your morning been?”

This post has been edited by Mijikoi on Jan 14 2013, 05:04 PM
KyokoYei2
Posted: Jan 14 2013, 05:25 PM

Level 4

QUOTE (Mijikoi @ Jan 14 2013, 03:41 PM)

“She’ll be happy. Despite being the Camp Mother, she doesn’t get to many Warriors.” Keid replied with a sidelong glance at Arriyen. A moment’s consideration and Keid’s grin turned mischievous. “Don’t tell her I told you, but she’s alright with it. She says that even if none of the Children choose her for a Guardian, none of you escape her care, so she can still look after everyone. “

Ananke peered up at Arriyen with an expression to match Keid’s in nature. Reaching out a hand to her twin, Ananke grasped the hand that rested on the back of Keid’s neck. Both twins were silent as they looked at Arriyen as though taking her in and deducing her nature. The moment of curious silence from Keid was broken by the laughter that bubbled out of Ananke’s and Ophian’s mouths. “Me and ‘Phian, think she’d be good for Mommy and Keid. ‘Phian agreed with me.”

Arriyen smiled a little more. "She just seems very...homely. Like the mother that I don't have." She said and shut up when she realised she was letting out more that she felt like giving out to people. Even if it was Keid. Though she noticed the twins stare at her as if trying to figure out who's lunch they where going to raid next. Arriyen felt her face redden a little and she shifted her collar a little under the children's stare. "Wh-What does that mean?" She cried slightly embarrassed.
Lady Evirae
Posted: Jan 14 2013, 06:02 PM

Level 8

((Who does Argoth?))

Nenileth quickly looked up from where she was kneeling when she heard a voice in the doorway. "No. They weren't any trouble at all. I suppose the mischievous habits of small dragons is a part of what makes them so endearing as well." She sent her gaze back to focusing on her task of cleaning up. "The morning has been quite chilly. I've always enjoyed cooler temperatures, but they do nothing to help the sick. I've had a rather uneventful morning though, besides treating Kiva's wing, and that was no trouble at all; the patients in here are doing well, but I haven't had a chance to check in on the Children who are sick in their tents. That will be after breakfast."
No trouble? They interrupted my sleeping time, Tassin commented in Nenileth's mind.
Shush, Tas. You needed to get up anyways, she replied.
Nenileth had finally gathered all of the spilled clay-ware, stood up and set them on the table. Taking a small rag, she poured some water from the kettle onto the rag and went to work wiping down the used utensils.
"The herbs for Kiva are on the pillow next to her. If she needs anything stronger for the pain or something to help her sleep, just let me know and I'll set you up with something," Nenileth told Syria. Nenileth paused for a moment. "Uh...Syria. May I ask you something?"
Nenileth stared down at her hands relatively blankly. "Have you spoken with Artemis lately? I haven't seen much of him around Camp recently. I know he's busy with everything he has to do, but he seems to be unusually distant lately. I'm...uh...I worry for his health." She set back to scrubbing with new tenacity.
Talidara
Posted: Jan 16 2013, 01:20 PM

Level 2

Member No.: 198,635

Kiia hadn't been paying attention to the girl till now, while she was packing everything she thought she might need on her travels, but at these last words she looked up.
"Hm, I suppose we could use your Abilities for this assignment..." As she saw the hurt look on her friends face she rolled her eyes and added: "And I don't think the trip will be boring with you around."
She sighed. She wasn't good with niceties. After joining the Viridel Orvin had taught her not to show much affection to anyone. Needless to say, Orvin was not a supporter of her friendship with Nima. That reminded her, she still had to pay Orvin a visit... Well that could wait, she still had some time left. She looked up at Nima.
"I've been wondering... You always know everything that happens. Why don't you use those skills of yours to gain info about the Children?"
Lady Evirae
Posted: Jan 22 2013, 04:15 PM

Level 8

((Anybody still here?))
KyokoYei2
Posted: Jan 22 2013, 07:51 PM

Level 4

((Actually yes. I'm just waiting for someone to reply to my post. xd.png))
Lady Evirae
Posted: Jan 22 2013, 08:18 PM

Level 8

((Me too. Sad days for us.))
Narannawolf
Posted: Jan 27 2013, 04:58 AM

Level 1

Member No.: 199,094

((oh sorry i initially wanted to wait till someone else went after Talidara, butbi forgot.. Anyway I'm mostly being a Viridel, and i could but in with Veraly but I think it is better to wait for mijikoi?))

This post has been edited by Narannawolf on Jan 27 2013, 04:59 AM
Mijikoi
Posted: Feb 7 2013, 06:04 PM

Level 8

((Yeah, I'm really sorry. When it rains it pours.T.T Last month did not like me at the second half at all, but I swear I'll be better. On the plus side Mary had her baby and is off of bed rest. Also the addition of her husband being home I don't have to spend so much time helping her. So, did I miss anything?>.>))
KyokoYei2
Posted: Feb 7 2013, 06:57 PM

Level 4

((Not really. No one really posted much. Good to see you back.))
Mijikoi
Posted: Feb 8 2013, 04:57 PM

Level 8

((Thanks. Still sorry about being gone.))

"Only what I said. You'd b good for Mommy and Keid." Ananke was full on in her smile as she beamed at Arriyen. A tug from her twin had the phoenix-child rolling her eyes. "Oh, alright, I 'xplain. 'Phian thinks you could make them safer when Mommy and Keid go to play war games. "

"They mean scouting, by the way." Keid grinned at Arriyen. "It was the best we could explain our shift to them. Ananke might try to fool you, but adult things still boggle the kid."

---
"Come now, Nenileth, I'm your Camp Mother. You may ask anything of me and I'll do my best to answer or help." Syria hesitated on her answer, shifting her stance in a show of her own worry. "My brother sees to his own health if you're worried in that regard. I see to it that he does. He has indeed been very busy with planning the preparations for not only the Anointings coming up, but also the war against the Viridel. For the most part Artemis has kept to his tent with a few of our strategists. Don't worry so, dear friend. For what it is worth, Nenileth, he does not mean to make you worry. I'll let my brother know he should stop in for a once over and to visit. He needs a break anyway. Now would you care for breakfast with me?"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 
Add Reply
New Poll