Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doctortear

Fire Emblem: Brave Unknown IC

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Forrest user posted image

There was something charming about the way Jordan could go from having a blank expression one moment to exploding with energy the next. Forrest giggled not unkindly as Jordan introduced himself.

“Jordan, huh?” Forrest tasted the name on his lips. It was a foreign name, that was for sure, but it was strong, durable. Forrest’s eyes briefly roamed down Jordan’s body and ah, yes, it did fit him, didn’t it? Names were as much of an accessory as clothing was; both could define a person, inform someone of their personality and history without requiring said someone to even speak to them. Jordan was a quiet, yet powerful sounding name. It was a name that belonged to a prestigious figure whose ambitions allowed them to achieve whatever dreams they may hold. If Forrest looked at Jordan from a distance, he could have probably guessed his name if he were more acquainted with it. At least, that’s what Forrest thought.

“Jordan’s a lovely name,” Forrest said. “Heavy, but good. ”Forrest tilted his head as he tried to meet Jordan’s eyes before the poor boy decided to deny eye contact entirely. “Really, you’re being too harsh on yourself, darling. If I didn’t enjoy talking to you, I would have made that evident earlier.” A pause. “You’re doing fine,” Forrest said, more gentle this time. “Trust me.”

Although Jordan had absolutely no way of knowing where King Garon’s villa was, he apparently didn’t want to spend another moment standing around fidgeting his feet about. If Forrest was anything like his father, he might have just let Jordan wander off on his own for a minute or two, just long enough for him to realize he was alone and didn’t know where he was going before Forrest came galloping to his aid. Forrest pressed his lips into a line. He was not his father.

Forrest tugged gently on Ethlyn’s reins. The mare snorted in response, shaking her head as she turned her attention to her owner.

“Good girl,” Forrest said. He patted Ethlyn’s head affectionately before tugging her reins after him as he began to follow Jordan. The crowd had dispersed somewhat since Jordan and Forrest began talking. The clicking of Ethyln’s hooves was warning enough to those who weren’t paying heed to their approach and even then those absent minded folk weren’t great in number. The city was beginning to quiet down. The lunch rush was sure to have ended, making the traffic on the road more bearable. If luck was on their side, they’d be able to reach the villa before too long.

"Uh......so. This villa...you said your grandfather owns it? So, yanno, if that's the case, and you do the voice things...are you royalty or something?"

“Oh…” A wispy sigh escaped Forrest before he could realize his lips were moving. He hesitated, his gaze momentarily diverted to the ground before he could manage a soft chuckle.

“Ah, a bit on the nose with those assumptions, aren’t you?” Forrest flashed Jordan a grin although he wasn’t sure what exactly he was grinning about. It wasn’t that Forrest was trying to keep his royal status a secret. He had learned over the years that people treated you differently when they learned that you had divine blood in your veins. It would be simple to just shake his head and claim to be a noble, but Forrest wasn’t much for lying. He had done plenty of that as a child vying for his father’s approval. It wouldn't hurt to tell Jordan the truth, and besides, Forrest was quite done with lying.

“Why, I can say no one has called my, ah, manner of speaking ‘voice things’ before,” Forrest said. He hummed pleasantly, hoping it would smother his awkward pause. “You’re quiet clever, you know that?” Forrest said with a tender smile. “Nohr’s royalty is quite expansive. Well, it used to be quite expansive if you count all the princes and princesses that never got to grow up.” How many aunts and uncles (gods, or whatever gender they were) could Forrest have had if their necks weren’t slit? Or if Hoshido hadn't taken them? Or if they hadn't fell in battle? "If you count Princess Camilla’s adopted children, which most people don’t but I see no reason in not counting them, you easily have over ten individuals in the Nohrian royal family.” Forrest purposely closed his mouth, allowing for a fleeting moment of silence. Most people did not react well to realizing they were next to royalty, and Forrest, as with everyone he told, hoped Jordan wouldn’t be one of them.

“My father is the second prince, ah, third prince if you count King Corrin, of Nohr,” Forrest said as though it was the most casual thing in the world. He didn’t mention that his father most likely wasn’t the second prince of Nohr, but the skeletons of his brothers couldn't dispute that. “Don’t make the mistake thinking that my status says much of me. I didn’t set foot in the capital, let alone Castle Krakenburg until I was eighteen.” Forrest realized that he was giving away a bit too much personal information, but he honestly didn’t care at this point. What would Jordan even though with that information? Sell it to bandits? Sure, and deal with Aunt Camilla on his tail? Or any of his other family members who would be up in arms if one of their own was taken from them? Forrest shook his head at the thought. No, Jordan seemed far too… skittish to do something as devious as that. Besides, he seemed to have a kind heart. As foolish as it might be, Forrest did not see a reason to suspect Jordan. He did not seem like someone who would enjoy plunging a dagger into someone’s heart, let alone be willing to do so.

Forrest opened his mouth but became at a loss for words when a familiar tune reached his ears.

“Hold on.” Forrest halted in place. He couldn’t quite catch what was being sung, but he recognized the melody. Late at night, when he couldn’t sleep, Shigure would sometimes crawl into his bed and beginning singing the same song Azura always sang to him. It wasn’t a well-known tune, let alone something Forrest would hear in such a public place, but the years he spent falling asleep to that calming melody made it unmistakable to him.

“I…” Forrest was struck by the suddenness of the song. That voice wasn’t as delicate as Azura’s no was it was warm or inviting as Shigure’s. Who could possibly…?

"Excuse me, gentlemen. I would like to have a word with Forrest if possible."

Forrest turned around, eyes wide as he watched a strange man bow before him. He silently mouthed “Kana” before his sense got the better of him. No, the way this man presented himself was similar to how Kana would, but Kana was far younger and by no means a man. Her hair stuck out the same way when it wasn’t tied yet, but it wasn’t golden. Her and her sister, Nina, shared the same snowy white hair that their fathers possessed. Forrest wasn’t sure how he could mistake this stranger for his cute cousin.

“Forgive me for hesitation,” Forrest said. He offered the stranger a respectful nod. Royalty

was not supposed to bend their knee to a stranger. At least, that's what Father said. “I mistook you for someone else for moment there How may i be of service?” Odd, Forrest didn't recognize the stranger. Normally, Forrest would wave off stranger off as some noble who managed to recognize a member of the royal family, but he had not addressed Forrest by his title. It wasn't normally an excusable mistake, but Forrest wasn't particularly fussy about the obligations of rank let alone disturbed enough to correct the stranger. Still, he wondered what had crossed the stranger's mind when he spoke so boldly to a prince. Was Forrest really so absentminded to forgot this stranger for prior engagements, or did the stranger just care very little for the laws of social conduct?

—————

Takumi user posted image

Leo wasn’t stupid, far from it actually. Prince Leo was one of the most intelligent and articulate individuals Takumi ever had the pleasure of knowing. Leo made it his mission to be rehearsed in as many subjects as he could. Even if he was presented with some foreign matter, Leo was prepared to adjust to any given situation and use his wits to accomplish whatever was needed of him. Sometimes, Takumi was reluctant to even entertain the thought, he thought that Leo’s intellect surpassed his own. That said, at the moment, Takumi couldn’t help but think Leo was acting like a slack-jawed fool.

“You’re kidding, right?” Takumi said. He spun around, eyebrows raised. A forced chuckle escaped his throat as he looked up at his friend. “We’ve been on a first name basis ever since the war? This shouldn’t be a surprise to you. Has she seriously not talked to you about our letters?” Takumi searched through his memories for a moment when he and Camila spoke with one another while Leo was present. Did he seriously never speak to any of the Nohrian siblings when they were near one another? That certainly didn’t sound right, but it could be possible. What was not probably was the idea that Leo didn’t know Takumi and his sister spoke. Really? Takumi had spent nearly a year in the Nohrian castle for diplomatic nonsense, and the thought that he and Camilla didn’t at least become decent acquaintances never occurred to Leo?

The more Takumi thought of what Leo had said, the most disturbed he became. Alas, he did not have the time to dwell on the strange accusation. He was more than glad to drop the subject in light of the situation they were in.

"I am of accordance. It's very ... hot. Perhaps they are people of this land?" Takumi grunted in agreement.

“I’d enjoy a nice long bath when we get the chance,” Takumi mumbled as he frowned down at his clothes that were gradually becoming damp with sweat.

"How do you suggest we approach them, Prince Takumi?"

There was a distinct pause before Leo spoke again. The hesitation caught Takumi off guard. He squinted as his friend, silently pondering what on earth could have made Leo hesitate before asking for his advice. Was the heat really so bad that it was making him doubt his own judgment? Was that why he was acting so weird? If that was the case, the sooner they got out of the sun, the better.

“Well,” Takumi said as he craned his neck to get a better look at the strangers. “If they’re native, they’re probably more suited to this environment than we are.” Takumi drummed his fingers nervously along the Fujin Yumi’s slight window. He was wearing too much clothing to fight comfortably in the heat, and Leo was buried in armor as was Viktor. Still, Takumi had no doubt the two of them could easily handle whatever the strangers threw at them. A wild card and a sorcerous prince working together. Yeah, even if they were at a disadvantage, no one could take them down if they stood back to back.

“I think we should advance,” Takumi said. “If they’re friendly we can reason with them, and if they’re hostile, we dispose of them. Simple as that.” Tightening his grip on his yumi, Takumi motioned his head towards the strangers and began walking forward. Together, the two princes had nothing to worry about.

—————

Inigo/Laslow user posted image

It was hard to decipher Gerome’s expression what with his face being covered constantly. Even after all these years, Inigo couldn’t see beyond the dark mask that granted him a reserved mien, making him look disinterested in whatever was happening around him. The prolonged silence was deafening. Inigo felt his fingers twitched as the corners of Gerome’s lips curved downward every so slightly. Gods, they had barely spoken for five minutes and already Inigo was screwing everything up. What did that frown mean? Was he annoyed with Inigo? Perplexed by the situation? Disappointed that even after years of being in a foreign land, Inigo was still shameless and as disgustingly inexperienced at speaking with him as always? No, Inigo needed to remind himself just as Xander had, he couldn’t think so harshly of himself when disaster had yet to strike. He needed to calm down, let Gerome say what was on his mind, and go from there.

“Surely you haven’t--” “IN- LASLOW!”

Just as Gerome began to speak, a very familiar voice rang over him. Inigo glanced over towards the source of the boisterous voice and, sure enough, he spotted Owain charging down the road. Inigo had to cup his lips to prevent dust from floating in this mouth as Owain suddenly halted a few feet in front of him, saluting, of course, because he was Owain.

“It’s good too, gah, see you too, Odin.” As relieved as Inigo was to see his cousin, he couldn’t help but wish Owain was a bit more aware of his surroundings. Even if his mouth was safe from the infernal dirt, his eyes weren’t so lucky.

“This is no time for fun and friendship, Owain. We need to find my daughter. OUR daughter." Inigo rubbed the dirt out of his eyes as Severa (of course, if Owain was here, Severa couldn’t have been too far away) spoke up. "Laslow, have you seen Ophelia anywhere?"

“Ophelia?” Inigo’s eyebrows knitted together, frowning. “You mean to say she’s not with you? Weren’t the three of you sitting at the same table before—” Inigo wasn’t sure how to describe the situation they were in. What could he even say? “Hey, weren’t the three of you eating breakfast together before we all got magically transported to our homeland? How come you can’t find your daughter, but I could find mine?” Severa would break him in more ways than one if he even entertained the thought of criticizing her parenting skills.

“I think ... I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I apologize, but I have no idea who ... Laslow and Odin are."

What?

Inigo’s hand dropped back to his side. Gerome backed away from the group, his hand placed gently on Minvera’s back. The wyvern gently spread her wings open in response to the touch. Inigo had seen Gerome mount his precious wyvern far too many times to misunderstand what he was about to do. Inigo’s mouth felt dry and the lump in his throat made it too hard to breathe.

“Now h-hey, now!” Inigo’s mouth opened before his mind could process the clutter of thoughts racing through his heads. He didn’t consider what he was doing when he jogged up to Gerome, grabbing him as tightly as he could manage without bruising.

“Can you at least give me—no, us—a chance to explain ourselves?” Inigo asked in a tone that was far more desperate than he’d like. “I mean—” Inigo paused, gasping softly as he attempted to gather his thoughts. “I’m not sure how well I can explain everything. I-I’m not entirely sure I know exactly what happened, but I couldn’t dream of giving you a satisfying answer if you won’t even listen!” An exasperated breath escaped from Inigo. He licked his lips nervously before continuing. “A-And if you’re not happy with what we have got to say, you can go. It’s just… I just—” Feeling the anxious knots in his stomach slowly unravel, Inigo briefly noticed that his hand was warm. Glancing down, he found his hand was tightly gripping Gerome’s. Even with a glove on, the warmth of Gerome’s hand was permeating onto Inigo’s. Miraculously, Inigo’s hand was still intact. Gerome hadn’t broken it just yet.

Yet.

Inigo panicked.

“Oh! S-Sorry!” Inigo said. He snatched his hand away from Gerome and took several steps back. If there was one thing Inigo learned about Gerome, it was that he didn’t like being touched and he was not afraid to teach an unruly stranger a lesson if they got too physical with him. How could he have been so foolish? Inigo exhaled, running his fingers through his messy hair. Gods, he was just desperate to reunite, wasn’t he? He couldn’t recall how many nights he spent staring up at the ceiling wondering if his friends and family were thinking of him just as he was of them. It was a blessing that he even remembered to let go of Gerome’s hand. If it was Lucina or one of his parents standing in front of him, he doubted he’d be able to conjure a single coherent thought. He’d probably fling himself against them and cry into their shoulder, mewling like a kitten who lost its mother for hours on end. He couldn’t let himself go weak. He was awed by his friend’s presence, but he needed to remember himself. There was someone counting on him now, and he couldn’t show weakness even if for a moment.

—————

Soleil user posted image

Dad really was emotional, wasn’t he? Soleil, with her hands on her hips, shook her head as she watched her father paw at the strange masked man. She didn’t know who the stranger was, but Dad seemed to be attached to him. Maybe he was an old friend Dad never spoke about? Dad always talked about taking her to his homeland to meet all the wondrous people who shaped him into who he was, but he never mentioned anything beyond that. Perhaps this man was part of that enigmatic homeland Dad spoke of only in clandestine whispers.

“Oh!” Soleil exclaimed as she suddenly remembered who was standing next to her. “Aunty Selena, Uncle Odin! Do you know what happened?” Just like her good ol’ Dad, Soleil couldn’t keep her hands to herself. Instinctively, her arm wrapped around Selena’s. The familiarity of hanging onto someone else, especially someone she admired and respected like Aunty Selena, put Soleil at ease, allowing her a moment to breathe.

“There was, like, this big flash of light!” Soleil said with a wide hand gesture. “Then we were on the ground in this weird place.” Well, weird wasn’t the right word to describe the field she had woken up in. It was a very ordinary field with very little distinctive features. What was peculiar was being transported from a cafe into a bland field that was devoid of any personality or landmarks.

“Oh and uh, Aunty Selena,” Soleil moved her head closer towards her aunt, speaking in a low whisper. “Do you know who the masked man? Or that girl behind us? Dad’s never mentioned them before and that masked man is kinda creepy. Can we trust them?”

Edited by Doctortear

[ gerome ; northroad ]

Just as he could feel the gentle rush of wind behind him as Minerva spread her wings, Gerome prepared to turn and mount his wyvern to fly off into an unknown land, a little more than a bit puzzled and utterly alone. Having said his farewells, the masked rider fully prepared for the small group to fade from his life--and with time, from his memory. It was clear now that something was going on; something that he didn't quite understand nor felt he was given the correct information to process, and Gerome cursed whatever black magic Lucina had conjured in order to get them to the past. Was this some kind of witchcraft? Some magic spell that alternated between worlds?

How cruel was it, to show to him the very people who could have been his friends, if given enough time, and then isolate him completely like some sort of outsider. Cruel magic was at play, indeed.

He heard Inigo's approach and prepared himself to answer any questions that may be posed, but Gerome's carefully planned façade fell away when he felt another hand envelope his own, fingers wrapping around his in a warm embrace.

He registered exactly none of Inigo's words, too caught up in the sudden realisation that Inigo had grabbed his hand. Gerome's eyes, though hidden, widened as he felt his pulse drum so violently against his skin he was sure Inigo could feel it.

He had a hand placed on Minerva, and the other was held tightly in Inigo's grasp. How had he come to this situation?

Miraculously, he was aware Inigo had stopped talking and was waiting -- for what, exactly? An answer? Gerome wasn't sure he could even form coherent thoughts.

However, he didn't have to. Inigo dropped his hand, looking rather panicked, and gave a quick apology. What? Had it been a heat of the moment action? Gerome wasn't sure how to feel about the fact Inigo's first thought in a panic had been to grab his hand -- surely if it had been anyone else he would've reacted rather violently, opposed to being touched and held as if soothing words was going to protect him from a wartorn time. However, with another who had grown up the same way, and especially with Inigo ...

"It's alright," he said briefly, unsure what else to say. He let his hand drop to his side, eyes flickering to the strange stares of the unfamiliar bystanders. A nudge from Minerva, however, broke his thoughts and Gerome looked to see his wyvern's eyes gazing at Inigo, a straight stare. A childhood of growing up better friends with beasts than humans had thought Gerome enough to read their body language, and the masked rider smoothed his hand across his scales.

"You think so too, hm," he murmured, quiet. A heartbeat of a moment passed, and Gerome placed his hand -- the one that had previously been held by Inigo, as if the world wasn't taunting him further -- on the handle of his axe, and felt Minerva settle behind him as she folded her wings and bat the ground, once.

"Very well," he dipped his head, looking across at the strange scene before him. Never before had he felt like such an outsider, but ...

If Inigo asked him to stay, he would.

"I'm listening," he said. I would always listen to you.

--

[ leo ; border sands ]

The Hoshidans had quite a mind for humour, did they not?

Leo looked strangely at the other's words, and the mention of being on a first name basis with the enemy since the war was almost humourous. Still, Leo did not want to break the momentary truce they had accomplished; he has spent far too long fighting for the will of others, and diplomatic means were still a new, albeit welcome, strategy. He would let this go for now, even if it was a conversation that he felt surely had to come up later.

Well, perhaps not. Leo had no plans to accompany the archer prince any further than was necessary; it seemed unreal to consider even the situation he was in at the moment.

He hummed in agreement to the other's words and tugged on the reins slightly, feeling Viktor exhale underneath him. Of course, Leo was all too aware of the scorching heat that made his collar heat up his skin, and the prince felt almost as if he was being boiled alive. Wearing armour in the desert--or at all times of the day-- really wasn't the best way to go about doing things, especially long term travel.

"Almost there," he murmured to his steed, giving Viktor a quick pat on the side. He himself could bear any hardship thrown at him in the course of war--and he has--but he felt all too sympathetic for his cavalry companion, and could only imagine the stress of having to carry both him and tonnes of armour in this heat.

Viktor turned slowly, flicking his head. Ahead, he saw Takumi turn and began advancing.

A civil discussion? That would welcome as opposed to initiating battle immediately, and Leo pondered the thought. Realising it would seem awkward to approach unknown strangers both an entire horse's height taller than his ... companion, and that Viktor was already exhausted enough from the heat, Leo dismounted from his steed, easily stepping down as he felt the sand give slightly before his feet. He took hold of the reins with one hand, and his tome with the other. Approaching Takumi, he made sure to side by the prince's side so there was not a giant horse between the two of them.

"As you wish," he replied. "I certainly hope they won't be on the offensive immediately, but I suppose these things can't be predicted."

Posted (edited)

Ryuusha: Nightmare of the Future's Past

The elder king moved swiftly across a terraforming earth, the stones and pavement of Nohr turning and twisting within themselves. Castle walls plummeted off the edge of the world, into the abyss. To try and describe what Chrom and Ryuusha were seeing was... almost impossible. It was as if three worlds were merging into one - all at once, melting and forming like a puddle that would not stop rippling, as if a thousand stones were dumped into its depths and left to erode.

But Ryuusha seemed unphased, as though he had seen this many times before - as if he hoped he would never see it again.

"Long ago, two nations were born of two separate backgrounds. A kingdom of darkness and one of light - neither inherently evil or good." Ryuusha explained, as another castle formed around them, the walls born of nothingness to turn to stone. "One, born of plenty, with a creed of honor. The other, born of less, with a creed of necessity."

He stepped through the castle, the walls melding and fusing with themselves. It was almost as if one could hear the laughter and cheering of a thousand dancers, merged in a grand ballroom. The crying of nobles and jilted lovers. The sounds of training.

"This land is born of three timelines, mainly, born of those two kingdoms and their war - a war I won. A war I fought. A war I did not want to see again. I lost two dear friends in that war, and I could not save them. But apparently, there were other timelines in that war - ones where I chose a side."

He stopped in front of a grand throne, forged of gold and ivory.

"All of it, based on this throne, really, and the sword I bear. Chrom, you may not know it yet... but the weight of a kingdom is held within its crown. And I bear that crown above my forehead, even now, and remember the centuries of fights. I remember the war, that much is certain. Blood stains my hands, Chrom. I hope it never stains yours."

He turned to the throne, and gripped the sword firmly. He knew what he had to do. He had to challenge his father's rule. He had been afraid. He had not wanted to sit on the throne, no matter how many times the nightmare had put him here.

But with Chrom behind him, his resolve began to firm. He stepped towards the throne, armored steps ringing through the halls.

As though to show what he was doing, the castle began to darken around them with every step he took, shadows clinging to paintings and the wall itself. But he did what he was meant to do, for all that he had done.

He sat upon the throne.

-----

In a reality far away, Selkie gripped her chest tightly, falling to her knees again, as pain wracked her body - as though something that wasn't supposed to happen had happened. She held out a small talisman, as though it would give her comfort. Ryuki ran to her side, trying to help her calm down.

"....He has done it... he has altered what was meant to pass... as he was meant to do... But I fear it has not ended yet." Selkie whispered, smiling under her anxiety. "There is so much more to do.... And he needs my help... He needs Kana as well..."

She stood back to her feet, walking through the grass and trees as though she had become a specter. The spirits around her began to morph, becoming far more emphasized.

They were hunting something - someone.

----

"So you have finally chosen to do something."

A great voice boomed through the shattered castle. The throne shook as Ryuusha gripped the sides of it, unwilling to give in. It was obvious the throne was giving him pain.

"That is a chair... you do not deserve, my son." the voice said, as a being manifested from the shadows around them. "And no amount of courage within you shall ever make that true. You know you do not deserve to sit where you do now. That is why you are here, why you came back to your dear father, correct?"

Anankos, in his full draconic glory, was before them, large and intimidating.

"I once questioned my right to rule, my right to call my life as happy as it was, my right to live on when all others had died, yes." Ryuusha said within his chair. "I questioned if I was worthy of taking the place of a dragon such as you to lead a people. And I was worried, and nervous, and anxious of what the future held. But now I know that I was right."

He narrowed his eyes, furious.

"You did not deserve to hold the rank you did. You did not deserve this throne. The only thing you deserved was a blade within your chest to purge you of the filth you had become. You are not Anankos. You are a demon in his skin. And I will cut you from him again and again until you are a figment within the abyss you were born from, you censorkip.gif*** child of the void!"

A long silence permeated the room before a corrupted voice emerged from Anankos' throat.

"You speak words from the depths of your soul, and if this were some story, perhaps that would have been enough..." the dragon spat, moving towards them both. "But this is reality, and this is your Hell, your inferno. You will not escape, no matter HOW MUCH BRAVERY YOU POSSESS!"

Ryuusha gripped the sides of the throne until his knuckles were white and then stood up from it, drawing Yato from his side. He pointed this at the dragon, the blade shining in what little light remained.

"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO REMAIN AN EXISTENCE, DEMON!" he roared, even more fiercely than the beast before him. "YOU SEPARATE ME FROM THE ONES I LOVE - THE ONES I GAVE EVERYTHING TO PROTECT! I WILL CULL YOU! I WILL SEE YOU PURGED! IF YOU DESIRED FURY... then I will GIVE IT TO YOU!"

He ran forward, the titanic dragon sweeping his claw across the throne at him. He destroyed it, sending chunks of stone across the floor and breaking the wall. Soon Ryuusha was bearing his blade in a familiar, swordsman's stance, his slightly aged form unwavering even now, as though he was centuries younger.

He darted between strikes, cleaving across corrupted flesh as the beast continued to try and assault him with breath and claw. But Anankos would not be defeated so easily. Great tendrils of darkness grabbed at Ryuusha, one whipping him into the air by his leg before the maw of the dragon lay below him.

"Sing with me a song..." Ryuusha whispered, remembering this moment long ago. She had been with him then. THEY had been with him then. All of them had been together, to save a land they loved. All of them had given so much, and he felt as though he hadn't given enough.

But if the world was spared. If it was saved. No matter how much was given... they all had won. Ryoma. Takumi. Camilla. Hinoka. Sakura. Elise. Leo. Xander. All of them. Every single member of royal blood, and all the others who had joined him under one, united banner against a common enemy.

"We chose a side..." the others of him said in unison as he began to fall into the dragon's mouth. "We chose a family over the other. We made the wrong choice. To choose a side is meaningless. To say that one is better than the other is foolish."

Ryuusha descended, bearing his sword with the full might of those emotions behind him.

"THERE ARE NO SIDES! THERE IS NO BETTER OR WORSE! THERE IS ONLY WHAT IS DEAR TO ONESELF AND THOSE AROUND HIM!" Ryuusha shouted furiously as he punched a fist into Anankos' mouth, above his jaw. "To seek peace, FOR EVERYONE, for ALL those you tormented and put in such dire straits, THAT is what my final goal TRULY was! Not a throne! Not victory! But it was not all!"

----

She stood at a crossroads, smiling warmly.

"...He's... finally calling to me again, willingly. He's finally calling to me like he did all those times, long ago..." she murmured, holding a hand to her face. The spirits around her grew warm, and pink, leaping around her happily.

"Do you hear it, Ryuki?" she said happily, turning to him. "Do you hear his heart singing of what he truly desires?... It's so beautiful, isn't it?"

She held out a small talisman, the writing on it written in ink, but the meaning far more important.

"I will always protect you..." she had promised, "I want to play with you forever, even ages from now, even when we're old and gray... and you'll always do the same, right?"

"Of course, my dearest." he had responded, laying a hand on her face, so warm and kind. "When this is all over, I will never let you out of my sight, even after the battles are all won."

"Then take this. Mama taught me how to make it." she said, shoving a paper in his hand.

"A protective charm?"

"More than that. As long as you hold it, my spirit and yours are bound, and if you ever need me.... you just have to want to see me again.. If we are ever separated... But, that won't happen right?"

----

"SHE was what I truly fought for! A family I wanted to have of my own! A life beyond all of this! A kingdom she and I would rule together, in your name, to honor what you once were!" Ryuusha said as he laid another fist into its massive face. The beast reeled back, hissing. Air began to be pulled into festering lungs. Ryuusha ran forward, but the flame began to spew.

Yet no fire touched him, no flame bore upon his armor. He stood, stark still, as the most important being to him stood before him, holding up her hand. A ward kept them both safe, created by her magic and talismans.

"You remembered..." she said, turning slightly to him. "You finally remembered..."

"I never should have forgotten." Ryuusha said. "....I never should have questioned it."

She smiled whimsically, the dragon horrified at what had happened.

"No... None should be able to enter this domain! How ... HOW DARE YOU!?" it screeched, swinging a massive claw at the maiden before him. But a sword blocked his entire arm, held up by a King who had found his way again. Steel clashed against steel in that moment, sparks flying from the impact.

But it was not a face of fear. It was not a face of uncertainty, which that king bore.

It was a face of resolution.

He kicked the arm away from himself, and jumped forward. If Chrom had been watching, it would seem a familiar pose, as though harkening to something he himself would one day do.

There was a brilliant flash of light as the sword pierced the dragon's chest, deep within its ribcage, into its heart. A hole blasted out of the back of the dragon, darkness spilling as though it was blood.

"......Your fear.... I was.... to be immortal...." the dragon said weakly, forlorn. "I was... I was to be...."

It stumbled backward, caught in the throes of death, as Ryuusha landed on the ground with his sword and body covered in the blood of the creature. The dragon clutched at the hole in its body as light began to spill from it. It pointed at him, furious.

"You are ... STILL... a sinner... and a villain of patricide... No matter how you try to... word it... I will always... be within the darkest of your... memories... You cannot... escape...."

Light shrouded its entire body before it finally exploded into dust and debris.

Ryuusha turned to Selkie, then sheathed his sword.

"...Dearest fox maiden, may I request of you something? Perhaps... a reassurance?"

"...It depends upon the request, dragon king." Selkie put a finger to her chin, grinning.

"Will you still accept my sword, even after all these years, even after-"

"Oh, don't be like that." Selkie said firmly. "No more of that. No more regrets. You still have me, and I still have you. We have many more years ahead of us... and a new adventure to do. We have no time for that, right?"

He stepped towards her and took her hand in both of his, and nodded his head.

"My Queen, you are right. We must be off."

"Chrom!"

Ryuusha and Selkie turned to see a third party rushing towards the blue-haired king.

"Chrom! CHROM!" Ryuki shouted, leaping to his friend and embracing him. "Gods, it's been far too long! What are you doing within this darkened realm?! And where are we-"

Before he could finish, a great shard of the ceiling fell to the ground, revealing light beyond.

"We are in a place that no longer matters." Ryuusha stated firmly, taking Selkie's hand. "We have much to do, and we must forget about this land."

The two stared at the new sun before them as the realm collapsed around them, revealing the truth - they had been within an infinite-looping bubble of memories, stationary, and currently at the same crossroads Selkie and Ryuki had approached. The grass before them welcomed Ryuusha happily, and he looked at the fields with desire.

"Where is Kana?"

"Still missing, unfortunately. I thought she was with you!" Selkie said. "But she's safe. I feel her life force, and it is still calm."

"Then we have time to search. Chrom, will you join us?" Ryuusha asked, turning slightly to the king, as bewildered as Chrom probably was.

Ryuki nodded, looking at his best friend.

"Will you? It should be exciting. And have you seen Lissa? I cannot find her."

----

Severa made a disappointed noise as Inigo sheepishly tried to explain himself to Gerome.

"Ugh. For gods sake, that dragon dude's promise only applied to those lands, idiot." she crossed her arms. "Gerome. I'll say it once, before he keeps stumbling over his damn words.

We got pulled into another world by some dragon guy or something who wanted us to protect his heart from darkness so it could kill him. Turns out, his heart was some kid named Ryuusha who we joined together under new names so no one could find out who we were. We had an adventure. Things happened. And we had a kid too. Who is CURRENTLY my greatest concern and the most precious daughter in existence."

Owain nodded, slightly saddened she didn't say it with more flair. At Soleil's question, he turned towards her.

"Oh. That's Gerome, the son of the wyvern rider, Cherche, from the future." Owain replied casually. "Like us. It's complicated."

"It's really not. Time travel gets boring when you do it like twice." Severa rubbed a finger in her ear nonchalantly. "Anyway, can we please get back to finding OUR DAUGHTER before something happens to her?"

She looked at Owain with irritation.

"....Well why don't we ask Gerome or Inigo to help us?" Owain suggested.

"But we don't NEED them!" Severa protested. "We NEED our daughter, and EACH OTHER! Let Inigo have his crazy adventures with that dragon-riding stick in the mud. We don't need his mother issues! We already had MINE! Or did you FORGET that you promised to support me, no matter what?"

"But dearest lady of the mooonliiiight, your maternal troubles are a thing of the past as you said, and perhaps Gerome has also overcome such things? And if not, why don't you tell him how you did? Certainly it would be rude to leave an old friend behind so cruelly?!"

"GAH this is INFURIATING! I'm going to look for OUR daughter, and you can talk to them if you want! I can't stand around while she's in-"

There was a loud, magical noise like a bubble popping as a girl fell from the sky and landed in front of Severa and Owain, on her face. She made a groaning noise.

Severa's face immediately contorted into confusion, and then relief, and then utter joy, as she ran to Ophelia's side and lifted her daughter from the ground, squeezing her tightly to her chest.

"OH MY GODS OPHELIA YOU'RE OK! IS IT REALLY YOU!? IT IS! RIGHT?" Severa asked, holding her daughter out to inspect her. "IT IS! IT IS!!!"

"Ma... Mother dear? Is it really you? Oh thank the gods..." Ophelia murmured, exhausted. "I was..."

She began to cry and Severa held her a moment.

"Who hurt you my precious baby?"

"MOTHER IT WAS SO SCARY! I didn't have my p-powers! And Dad died! And you died! OVER AND OVER! YOU WON'T DIE AGAIN, RIGHT?!"

"No." Severa stated firmly, holding her tight. "You can hug me. I'm not going anyway. Don't worry. I will never leave you again."

"Neither will I, DEAREST OPHELIA OF THE DUSK!" Owain made a pose, then hugged them both. "Are you TRULY alright?"

"Yes but KANA IS STILL WITHIN THAT DARKENED REALM!" Ophelia said quickly, pulling away from them both. "She saved me! She saw the opening and she pushed me to it! She assured me she would be fine but there was a great horde!"

"...KANA?" Severa and Owain said at once, concerned. The daughter of their leader? What had she been doing...?

"But she was older! It was weird. She was an adult. She looked older than me!"

"...That can't be our Kana." Severa and Owain nodded in agreement.

"But it was! She knew the secrets of the ages I had told her when I asked her because I had to be sure it was truly her, in the flesh!" Ophelia stated firmly, indignant. "It really really was, Odin Dark! I swear by the Moon of the Void!"

There was a moment of silence.

"....That is a very heavy vow, Ophelia of the Dusk. To lie under the light of the Moon of the Void.."

"...is to forsake one's own soul." she finished, holding a hand on her chest. "I know!"

"What should we do?"

"We now focus our attempts on Kana. For Ryuusha of the Dragon's Dawn and Selkie of the Forbidden Spirit's sake."

"...Those are their titl-"

"No questions honey this is important. YOU THERE, GEROME OF THE FLYING DESTINY AND INIGO THE DANCING BLADE!" he turned, pointing. "Will you join us in this great escapade? This DARING JOURNEY?"

Edited by Thaelasan

Inigo/Laslow Soleil user posted imageuser posted image

Usually, Inigo would impulsively say whatever witty retort his brain thought of first. Between being flustered by grabbing Gerome’s hand, his heart still fluttering from his panic, and Minerva staring him down like she could see his very soul, Inigo finds his lips sealed and his mind blank.

“Um,” he said intelligently. Inigo glanced at something incredibly interesting to his left, blushing so furiously that the tips of his ears grew red. Behind him, he could hear Soleil shout, “Aunty Selena! That’s not nice!” Inigo bowed his head, rubbing the back of his hand with his thumb.

“In summary, she’s right,” Inigo said. There was no way Gerome was going to be satisfied with the vague explanation Severa gave but, there was no way Inigo could do anything better with his mind so fuzzy. He decided to compromise.

“We made a deal with the uh, ‘dragon guy’,” Inigo said. “In exchange for leaving this world to help his, he promised to revive the scorched lands we left in the past. He couldn’t bring anyone back from the dead, but he promised to give proper burials to those who didn’t make it. O-Of course we didn’t see him do it!” Inigo waved his hands in a sudden rush of energy. “But…” He diverted his gaze to the ground for several heartbeats before meeting Gerome’s eyes (or where he thought his eyes were). “Truth be told, I don’t know if he actually did it. I mean, he wasn’t human for what it was worth so it’s possible he had the power to do it. I just… wanted to believe he did, y’know?” A small, dreamy smile appeared on Inigo’s face. “Even if I can’t prove it, I’d like to think there’s a rose bush growing next to my parents’ tombstones. Maybe they’re buried under a dogwood or an oak tree overlooking a beach or a field or… something atmospheric.” More quietly, he added, “They deserve at least that, all of them do.”

Inigo didn’t realize he had been standing in silence for several seconds before Soleil suddenly choked aloud.

“T-Time travel?” Inigo’s eyes widen as he turned around to see his daughter balking at Severa and Owain. “The future? What are you…?” Soleil looked at her father with confusion plain on her features. Inigo swallowed in an attempt to dislodge the lump in his throat. It looked like he would need to explain himself to more than one person. Well, maybe he could rope Owain into explaining the time travel to Soleil. He might be a bit theatrical in this explanation, but Severa was pretty good at simplifying his dramatic statements.

“I-I’ll explain later!” he called to Soleil. His daughter raised an eyebrow but made no comment. Sighing, Inigo turned back to Gerome, staring blankly for a second before realizing what he said prior. “Oh! Oh. I’m so sorry!” The panic that Inigo had managed to coax earlier came back in full force. “I was just thinking about our parents, well my parents not yours— Oh no, I’m sorry that sounded insensitive I didn’t mean that in a negative context or anything! I just wanted to think they were buried and stuff, but of course you probably do as well and I’m going to stop talking before this gets too out of hand.”  Inigo, face as red as a tomato, forcibly clamped a hand over his mouth to keep himself from saying anything else ridiculous. Gods, it was like he was talking to a girl except if he was talking to a girl he could rely on them never speaking to him again, but Gerome? Gerome was probably judging him right now. Inigo silently wished that Gerome hadn’t claimed that he would listen to whatever Inigo had to say because oh boy, did Inigo not want him to remember whatever blabbering mess just came out of his mouth.

"But we don't NEED them! We NEED our daughter and EACH OTHER! Let Inigo have his crazy adventures with that dragon-riding stick in the mud. We don't need his mother issues! We already had MINE! Or did you FORGET that you promised to support me, no matter what?"

Thank Naga for Severa. If she were not so blunt and if Inigo hadn’t known her since he was little, he might have felt a bit bad for spinning around and glaring, or as much as he could glare at his own family member, at her. He needed an outlet for all that bundled up energy threatening to burst out of his body. If he didn’t spend that energy on something else, he’d end up embarrassing himself in front of Gerome for the third time in the last twenty minutes.
Focusing his attention on something else was incredibly helpful, but having Soleil open her mouth the same time as Inigo might not have been as helpful.

“Crazy adventures?” Inigo said as he narrowed his eyes. “Everything we do is a crazy adventure!”

“You don’t need us?” Soleil said not too soon after her father, her lip quivering. “Aunty Selena, how could you say that?” Just after Soleil closed her mouth, Inigo opened his.
“He’s not a stick in the mud! Well, I guess—”
“You have mother issues? Since when? Uncle Owain, why didn’t Aunty Selena—”
“We all have mother issues and father issues for that matter! You have a dysfunctional family, I have a dysfunctional family, your husband has a dysfunctional family, we all have a dysfunctional family!!”
“Geez, are you—”

Whatever Soleil was going to say was cut off as a girl materialized in the air before falling not so gracefully to the ground. For a heartbeat, neither Soleil or Inigo spoke as they processed what had happened. It was only when Severa and Owain ran to their daughter’s side and began bombarding her with questions and hugs. Soleil recovered from the confusion much quicker than her father.

“Ophelia!” Soleil scrambled down onto her knees and embraced her friend as soon as she squirmed out of her parents’ hold. “Are you okay? Are you injured? Do I need to beat someone up for you?” Inigo, now partially realizing what had happened (did Ophelia seriously appear out of nowhere), cleared his throat before glancing over Gerome.

“I know I said I would explain everything, but I don’t think I can explain this,” Inigo said with a gesture to the small group surrounding Ophelia. “I know who she is, but I have no idea how she got here.” Inigo was worried for his niece’s safety as much as his daughter was, but he didn’t think she needed someone else to crowd around her when she was so obviously flustered.

Although Inigo wished to voice his concern for Ophelia, he could not help but raise an eyebrow as Owain stood up and asked if he and Gerome wanted to help them find Kana.
“Hey wait a minute!” Inigo said as he glared at his cousin. “Since when did I become the Dancing Blade? I thought we agreed I was Inigo of the Indigo Skies—wait, I-I mean…” Inigo chuckled nervously, coughed into his hand, and started again. “What I meant to say was how exactly do you plan on finding Kana? Granted, Ophelia was just in the same place as she was—by the way are you okay Ophelia I just want to make sure—but we have no idea how to get there. Not to mention, if the five of us got teleported to this location, who knows what happened to everyone else!” Inigo didn’t want to entertain the thought of any of his fellow soldiers, the royals or, Gods, Xander getting thrown into Ylisse. There was too much for him to explain and too many emotions he bottled up for him to properly handle a situation where he had to explain his origins to more of his colleagues let alone his liege. He could barely handle what was happening currently.

“B-Besides,” Inigo continued, hoping to distract himself from his own thoughts. “It’s midday, we’re all confused, and this isn’t the sort of conversation best had on the side of the road. Unless I’m mistaken, there’s a town not too far away. Maybe we could retire there while we get their bearings. It’s going to be dark soon and I get the feeling that launching straight into a search for Kana won’t do well if we don’t look at our options and decide on a plan beforehand.” Inigo didn’t mention that there was no way Soleil was going to let him or her aunt and uncle go on a search without a proper explanation of what Severa meant by time-travel. He also didn’t mention that he highly doubted Gerome would even consider joining the search, let alone stay around if Inigo didn’t tell him about his the trio’s time in Nohr. Inigo dragged a hand across his face sighing. How could suggesting something as simple as heading to a town be so exhausting? Maybe being teleported tired him out or maybe the stress of the situation was finally weighing down at him. Gods, how could a little speech wear him out? Even if his parents were taken from him before he could learn the basics of being a royalty, he was a prince for goodness sake! He doubted Father handled unfamiliar events as poorly as he did.

—————

Chromuser posted image

Chrom had no idea what he was doing or what he should do. The world around him shifted and molded into what Chrom assumed to be a throne room. It looked as though the room was melting into an oozing pile of color and abstract shapes before merging together into a comprehensible room. Ryuusha didn’t seem phased by the fact that the fabric of reality was quite literally bending around him so Chrom opted to stay quiet and ponder if Lissa decided to add hallucinogens to her arsenal of pranking tools. Chrom listened to Ryuusha’s monolog, nodding with furrowed eyebrows as he tried to grasp its meaning. Ryuusha didn’t appear to be more than a few decades older than Chrom, but he claimed to remember centuries of fights and with the confusion of his previous statements still lingering, Chrom wasn’t sure if he was referring to the historical centuries Ryuusha’s kingdom may have fought in or if he himself was centuries old. Chrom didn’t manage to gather up the nerve to ask the question before Ryuusha sat down on a throne moments before a figure manifested before them.

Chrom didn’t assist in the battle against what he assumed was a dragon. He drew the Falchion, poised in a defensive stance with his sword held in front of him, but he never struck a blow. He could say he didn’t that he could undeniable see that the fight between Ryuusha and his father (he hoped his father just so happened to be a manakete with a very large dragon form) was incredibly personal and therefore did not want to interrupt. Chrom could confess that he was utterly overwhelmed by what was happening in front of him and didn’t manage to do anything beyond leap out of the way of flying chunks of the broken throne before Ryuusha ended the fight surprisingly quickly. Both were technically true.

Chrom seethed his sword, blinking in bewilderment as two figures emerged from… somewhere. Considering everything that had just transpired, Chrom shouldn’t have been so surprised that one of the strangers had fox ears and the other appeared to be a dread fighter of all things.
“So uh,” Chrom began elegantly as he took a step towards the couple (they were a couple, right?). “Any idea on how we get out of—”

“Chrom! Chrom! CHROM!”

Chrom jolted backward as the dread fighter launched himself into his arms, grinning gleefully. “Gods, it's been far too long! What are you doing within this darkened realm?! And where are we-" Of course the ceiling cracked before the stranger could finish speaking. Beams of sunlight, because of course the sun decided to exist again, shone down from the crack down onto the floor of the throne room. Chrom squinted his eyes up at the ephemeral light, trying to see if there was anything beyond the light.

“Then we have time to search. Chrom, will you join us?"

Snapped back to attention, Chrom blinked at Ryuusha in confusion.
“I—”

“Will you? It should be exciting. And have you seen Lissa? I cannot find her."

Was he going to get the chance to speak? Chrom looked over at the stranger with the quizzical look. “Lissa?” Chrom cocked his head to the side. Was this stranger from Ylisse? Speaking to someone from the same country as him would be an improvement for Chrom. “She’s mostly stayed in the castle since the funeral,” Chrom said. “She only started coming out of her room a month ago why do you—okay wait a moment.” Chrom took a step backward from the stranger, shaking his head. “Forgive me for forgetting, but I don’t remember who you are. Ryuusha,” Chrom glanced over at the man he had met less than an hour ago. “Look, I’m more than happy to help you, but this is the most bizarre situation I’ve ever been in and I really don’t know what’s going on. Who’s Kana? Where are we going? Gods, where even are we? I’m sorry but I really need to know what’s going on before I continue. Do you even know how I got here?” A thought struck Chrom and, realizing the implications of that thought, he panicked. “Actually, is it possible that anyone else like me might have come here? I-I had a dear friend near me before I came here. Is it possible that he ended up here as well?” The last thing Chrom wanted was for Robin to get mixed up in this mess. He adored the man greatly and would love nothing more than his companion, but not at the risk of his safety.

Posted (edited)

Severa, Owain, and Ophelia

Severa stood for a moment and turned back to Soleil as the young girl asked her so meekly if she was being honest - that she really didn't need her. Severa grimaced, feeling like absolute trash for what she had said to her niece. At the time, it had made so much sense - when she had been distraught and anxious. But now..?

She turned to Soleil and knelt in front of her, and embraced the young girl, sighing. Lissa stared for a moment, concerned. But she was currently speechless by the arrival of her granddaughter.

"No... I do need you and your father. Much as I hate to say it-" she gave Inigo a stern gaze. "-because... of my own weird... selfish... appearance reasons. I.. I do need you guys, almost as much as my idiot of a husband. And I love you. And I'm sorry. You're an amazing niece and you're my family. I just... I was worried for my daughter, alright? And I handle anxiety in a really... bad way."

She stood back to her full height and gripped the hem of her cloak uncomfortably.

"...Again, I'm sorry." she said, blushing heavily. It was obviously difficult for her to speak. Meanwhile, Owain stared at her, proud. And even Ophelia was confused.

"...Mother! You used the Apology Speech! It's super effective!" she said, hugging her mother. "...I'm proud of you."

"Thank you..." Severa said sheepishly. But Owain was not finished yet.

"In other news.. YES. TIME TRAVEL!" Owain flourished his hands, dark energy flowing around him from seemingly nowhere. "You see, WE, FROM A TIME BEYOND TIME, fought together as heroes, but were pushed back!" 

He fell to his knees theatrically.

"Yes, it was such a saddening display." Owain said, jumping next to Lissa as she moved back a bit. "FOR MY MOTHER AND HER FRIENDS - HER COMRADES - TO FALL TO THE FEL DRAGON GRIMA! And leave us behind, in a destroyed world..."

He leaned against her, crying.

"Oh woe was us... to be left to fend for ourselves, when our beloved parents had given so much! But Naga, in her glorious rays and visions, GAVE US AN OPPORTUNITY!"

He threw out both hands, holding them to the heavens.

"FOR SHE, THE GREAT ONE, GAVE US A CHANCE TO CHANGE IT ALL, AND SENT US BACK IN TIME, TO BEFORE OUR BIRTHS!" Owain spun in a circle. "And thus, one day, I will be born again, and so will Severa... children of an age that fell!"

He stopped in front of Ophelia, who was currently befuddled.

"WAIT, YOU GUYS WENT THROUGH TIME FOR REAL?!" Ophelia screeched, excited.

"INDEED, MY BELOVED CHILD!" Owain picked her up, spinning her in a circle. "AND YOU ARE THE PRODIGY OF ONE WHO HAS TRAVELED THE EPOCH!"

"ODIN DARK AND SEVERA OF THE MOONLIGHT! TRULY THE GREATEST!" Ophelia laughed, her worries forgotten for a moment.

He set her back down, then turned to Lissa.

"And yes, this is your GRANDDAUGHTER, my dearest, amazing mother! Does she not have your-"

"MY GRANDDAUGHTER!?" Lissa ran to the girl, touching her face and hair. "Really!?"

"Grandmother?!" Ophelia asked, patting her mother's face. There was much face touching.

"We look identical!" Lissa said in awe.

"Every beautiful feature of yours is shared by me!" Ophelia said, surprised.

"YOU ARE MY GRANDDAUGHTER!" Lissa screamed, grabbing the girl and holding her close. "Oh we have so much to discuss. Your Dad, in fact, is such a weirdo. You gotta hear some of the stuff he did, and your MOTHER-"

"....We can do that in town." Owain said, interrupting her, his face slightly forlorn. "Mother please don't embarrass me."

"You do it well enough yourself." Lissa said snidely. 
"...Ouch."

-----

Ryuusha, Ryuki, and Selkie

"I'm sorry if we're being a bit overbearing, Chrom, but-" Ryuusha began, but he was interrupted by Ryuki. 

"Chrom... do you really not remember me?" Ryuki said, concerned. He looked absolutely crestfallen. The last shards of the Nightmare Realm turned into dust around them. 

"How do you not ... remember?" Ryuki continued. "We fought Grima together! Gods, we fought Valm, and the Mad King! Chrom!"

He removed his hands from Chrom's shoulders, depressed.

Ryuusha started to speak, but Selkie waved him down.

"It's because he is not your Chrom, and you are not his Ryuki." Selkie suddenly said, smiling.

"What?" Ryuki began, concerned.

"Haven't you noticed? This land... it is not bound by time... any time... or our time." Selkie went on, gesturing to the plains around them. "It is hovering in between many timelines... The spirits here are not ones I know of, or will ever know of."

She thought for a moment.

"Spirits, you see... have a certain vibe. My mother taught me." Selkie whispered, holding Ryuusha's hand. "They sing, a different way. They move a different way. They have a certain... taste."

She licked her lips slightly and Ryuusha gave her a glance.

"Not like that, dearest. More like.... something you can't forget." Selkie said, gesturing with her free hand to Chrom. "But he has yet to know any of us. Or maybe he never would have. I don't doubt it. But if that's the case, that just means we can meet him again."

She walked over to Chrom and bowed to him.

"I am Selkie, nice to meetcha." she stated, but her casual tone still showed through. "Kana is our daughter, who we are searching for. But... We have not seen anyone else here. My apologies. What did they look like? Your friend, I mean."

Edited by Thaelasan

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0