Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Eighteen

For one thing it finally stopped raining. I'm currently on my way out to breakfast. My parents say Gatlinburg is a great place for pancakes.

How are you doing Kestra?

Okay - but the news about the liver is rather sobering sad.gif

*Dusts off* I'm fine happy.gif

Oh, there's chibi Fae in the pooty thread!

*Is a little ashamed* Pouncing wasn't the best idea after all, though. u v u;;

It's so tiny and cute. >u<

Oh, then I'm not going to stop it. ( ̄▽ ̄)~

How does one exactly make things look fluffy? Literally or something else? o3o

This isn't probably of any help, but I made a little thing to show something about how I draw fur. u v u;; It looks almost like the same on paper, but only without those pixels.

user posted image

Well the fur is basically just some spikes drawn to stick out from some places, I have no idea how to explain. OuO;; *Sweats nervously*

I can try and be of help. (◕ヮ◕) As for drawing fur, I always just draw one 'spike', then one after another until the patch of fur looks good. I don't draw characters fluffy in every place though, just the ones that feel like the most important, for example the head, back, shoulders (if there are any) and cheeks. And tail. I always seem to add a chest fluff too.

After all, my style is quite cartoony and stuff, pretty much lacking all the realism but oh well.

When I draw feathery wings, they usually end up looking a little bit like the ones seen in MLP, but with more feathers. I usually add two layers of feathers in one wing, and if necessary, I'll add more. Those feathers are nice to scribble, but a pain to color and/or shade. That kind of feathers can be also used in other stuff than wings, but wings were the thing that came in mind first when thinking about feathers, hehe. Those three things floating around are there to show how the feathers are shaped like. Their size depends, though.

user posted image

There's also a little bit of 'hair' on that random purple dragon too; it looks kinda like fur, but with longer spikes and more flow. (^▽^)