TheDarkCynder

Dragon's Dogma

I searched and couldn't find a topic this game. I'm surprised. I apologize in advance if I was blind and there actually is an existing topic for this amazing game.

Dragon's Dogma is an RPG that wasn't released too long ago. I wasn't interested at first since it was by Capcom, but I decided to try the demo and I'm loving this game.

First of all, the character creation is amazing. You customize your character and your main pawn, which is your main party member. The customization is more in-depth than any RPG I have played-- and I play a LOT of RPGs.

Second, it's beautiful. The creatures and monsters are all well-designed and a pleasure to look at while in battle.

Third, the combat is awesome. It feels very fluid and natural; it's something you would have fun doing with lots of fast-paced movement.

The only thing I could say about this game is it doesn't have a dialogue system like most of the RPGs I play do, but that's a matter of personal preference. Most of the time it takes a Fable style; NPCs assume your character talks, but you don't hear it. Of course, you get to make some decisions, like sparing or killing somebody, but your character has no lines here. While I say this, there are times when you are prompted with a simplified Skyrim-style inquiry box where you can question certain NPCs about things, but it happens scarcely. (From what I have gathered.)

I don't actually have this game yet, but I'm probably getting it soon. I'm really excited for this after playing the demo multiple times and watching videos.

I have this game. The battle system is awesome. Choosing to play as a mage actually makes you feel powerful, instead of like a sitting duck who can't take a hit.

My only real complaint is that there is no way to tell which is your main quest and which are your side quests. So, when I get done goofing off on a few side quests and then want to get back to business, I sometimes find myself scrolling through the quests trying to figure out which one I need to do next in order to progress. Not a hugantic complaint, to be sure.

I got the game today and noticed that. tongue.gif Was looking for the "Main Quests" panel only to find there wasn't one.

I have it!

I'm a magic archer at the moment and I've just picked up the wyrm hunt license. This game is awesome cool and I love it to bits happy.gif

Either of you feel free to friend me on PSN if you like. I need people to chat with/ask for help on this game xd.png

Name is MistressFortune.

I've only done a quest or two after getting the license. I was constantly dying on one quest (derp), but I bought better equipment and managed to complete it. I won't lie; this game can be pretty hard at times.

I'm still just doing notice board quests at the moment. I try and get them done after every story point if I can, so I don't miss anything.

I think I'll go talk to Fournival next. He had a green icon last time I saw him.

I started playing it tonight.

I didn't get very far but it was pretty awesome.

The graphics could have been better but I really liked it.

I'm also starting Dragon Age II which I've heard isn't as good as the first.

What do you like to play?

I love Dragon's Dogma. I'm halfway through my second playthrough.

After spending a game and a half in ranger type vocations I'm finding it a little difficult to adjust to being a Mage. I feel so slow lol.

I played the Dragon's Dogma demo and I have to say that when I get the chance I'm going to buy this game. I highly recommend this game if you love dragon age. I was so mad when I got to the end of the demo. I hate cliffhangers especially in demo games.

Is this game any good? I seen the trailer for it an it sorta looks like Skyrim in ways but other ways definitely not.

Dragon's Dogma has a somewhat different style from Skyrim, but it is still very enjoyable to play.

So Dragon's Dogma Online has officially been announced. While they haven't said much about a Western release (only said there are no current plans), I don't see them leaving us out for too long.

Anyone else interested? I sure am. Those monsters look fantastic!