CowlRaven

Good Guy vs. Bad Guy

A lot of my favourite characters are villians or at least anti-heroes; I can't stand the completely good or the completely evil, they just annoy me. Everyone has flaws and everyone has one or two good points, even those who seem utterly rotten to the core. Even if the good points are tiny and almost not there- like being nice to animals even when they ripp people's faces off with a canopener, or not swearing while they set people's houses on fire, to use to random examples- I believe everyone has some. I mean, Al Capone's wife and mother loved him, apparantly.

Also, bad guys have more fun, while it lasts. *fires up Death Star*

I think it'd be interesting to read a few books/stories like such. However, generally I don't go for "downers," and I think that many people are the same.

Books in which the line between good and evil is blurred - those are fun. Can't tell who really wins, or what side wins.

Mmm, this. I love writing downer endings, but good guys and bad guys feel like just the perfect thing to bash, Honestly, I hate how good guys always have to be 100% good, and bad guys 100% bad. It seems to be a bit better for bad guys, but now people are making them so obnoxious. "He tortured someone, but who cares, he's so deep you'll never understand his tortured soul boohoo"

For a change, I would like a good guy that has done some bad censorkip.gif, and isn't trying to make for it. They just... did it. Like any human being, they have regrets.

I used to prefer villains so much more, but now that I see that everyone loves villains, I'm starting to shy away from them, the same way I did with wolves and dragons.

A book where I think the line between good and bad is blurred is Incarceron. Many characters, Finn and Keiro especially, have done bad things and good things, and it's hard to label a "good" side and a "bad" side.

Edited by PlutoIsHades