Sorrowgrave

Mass Effect

A lot of people are complaining because it "took the resources away from making singleplayer even better."

... they are aware that multiple teams can work on games, right? They have to make sure things work well together, but no real resources are being diverted from single-player. There's just extra people that would be working on multiplayer at the same time.

... they are aware that multiple teams can work on games, right? They have to make sure things work well together, but no real resources are being diverted from single-player. There's just extra people that would be working on multiplayer at the same time.

If they do have multiplayer, a entirely different section of Bioware was working on it. Montreal I think. Not Edmonton. The arguments are getting more heated every day on Bioware's fourms. Seriously, people on there LOVE to complain.

EDIT: Haha, people are assuming that just because Bioware didn't announce it on the first day of Gamescom there will be no multiplayer. Still 2 days to go.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by TheDarkCynder

QUARIANS RULE! they are cool but if you shoot the foot they would die in about an hour.

QUARIANS RULE! they are cool but if you shoot the foot they would die in about an hour.

(Minor Spoiler)

Not necessarily, Kal'Reegar on Haestrom had his suit punctured but survived* due to antibiotics inside.

*Unless he gets killed by geth when not following the paragon choices.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

But what I meant by that is if you went up to quarian that is on a different planet with no hospital and shot it it would die in an hour and it had no antibiotics at all but I still think they are awesome.

Edited by 9pmg5665

But what I meant by that is if you went up to quarian that is on a different planet with no hospital and shot it it would die in an  hour and it had no antibiotics at all but I still think they are awesome.

Don't they usually carry around antibiotics with them though? But I get what you mean.

Oh boy...so many fellow ME fans... :3

First game

Total Paragon here...I can't remember every choice I had to make so I'll just list them. (out of order):

Peace talked every crazy person there was

Showed Reporter what is to be a Spectre (didn't talk to her)

Saved Rachni Queen

Made the farmers on Eden Prime to cough up the loot

Romanced no one (Liara is too girly and I killed Kaiden)

Had Anderson knock out Udina (Woot Woot!)

Calmed Wrex

Kaiden was sacrificed for Ashely and the Salarians

....-can't remember what else-...

Second game

Sort of Paragon here, I was renegade to certain people.

Recruited everyone

Gained loyalty of everyone

Final mission: everyone lived

Romanced Garrus

Had Mordin keep genophage cure study

Left Jacob's dad to his crazy people

Sidonis lives to cry another day

Grunt killed the Threshermaw

Kept Samara and ruined Morinth's day

Patriarch now has a Krantt

Let Aria know people planned against her

Saved the Batarian in the Quarantine

...Uh...made Jack spare the messed up survivor

Sent Ken on his to the Flotilla

Renegade on pretty much everything else...

Left T.I.M to steam at the remains of the Collector base though.

That's about it. I love the games and am so preordering ME3.

Don't they usually carry around antibiotics with them though? But I get what you mean.

Yes. Kal'Regar himself said he was 'swimming in antibiotics' back on Haestrom.

On that note- antibiotics. Does anyone now get giggle fits from that word? xd.png

On that note- antibiotics. Does anyone now get giggle fits from that word? xd.png

Hahhaa it took me a few seconds.

Going through my first ME2 play through as a man, totally all renegade. Still can't decided if I want to keep the base or destroy it..

Going through my first ME2 play through as a man, totally all renegade. Still can't decided if I want to keep the base or destroy it..

Destroy it!

*ahem*

I mean it's totally your decision. I just love making things go boom... ^^

Most of the time(every time) I destroy the collecters base just to tick off the illusive man I mean really who doesn't hate the illusive man since you met him. cerberus is cool but he is like the hater you find on you tube and if he askes you to post something and you do and he still hates it/you.

My Paragade always destroys the base because she doesn't trust Cerberus with it.

I know Cerberus is cool with tech but who would you chose(if you did not know that Cerberus tries to kill you in ME3 and a little bit in ME1) ,the alliance or Cerberus? I always go with the alliance. The only difference that I see is that Cerberus is more racist then the other and takes chances not riskes.

Cerberus is icky. Their methods are horrible.

Then again, it's them who brought Shepard back, they have a lot of credit here for saving everyone.

My Shepard had the satisfaction of destroying the Collector base about 4 times (I might have played the game a bit too much... >>) and she is looking forward to ME3.

She is also romancing Thane (who is awesome, and has this amazing voice) in half my playthroughs (Garrus in the other half tongue.gif) so they had better find a way of curing him or she will get very angry... xd.png

I know that they save you but the alliance would have to if they actually listened to ha cit not the council.

Cerberus is in league with the Reapers in ME3, probably went for the same deal that Saren did then was indoctrinated before the Reapers attacked the Earth.

I am now so glad I didn't give them that station. They probably still could've made that baby Reaper.

I wonder how much EXP a Reaper is worth...

I was always torn, but now that I know Cerberus tries to kill Shep in ME3 I'm always like "gently caress you Illusive man!".

Though to be honest in my first play through I was hoping they'd be able to take the tech from the reaper and give me some super cools weapons or something-- too bad that dream was blown up xd.png

I personally prefer Cerberus tot eh alliance though. They might have...different methods and TIM lies to you, but at least you get stuff done and don't have to deal with the council. I know a lot of people have opposing views to that though.

Edited by alivingrequiem

but like I said in another post. If the council had not existed the alliance would have brought you back but more robot then human. I agree with cerberus and thier methods completily but the ilusive man is who I want to tick off. if Miranda or jacob was in his position I would not tick him off. Oh and also I watch a lot of mass effect walkthroughs so is it true that everyone dies except Miranda if you chose to keep the station?

but like I said in another post. If the council had not existed the alliance would have brought you back but more robot then human. I agree with cerberus and thier methods completily but the ilusive man is who I want to tick off. if Miranda or jacob was in his position I would not tick him off. Oh and also I watch a lot of mass effect walkthroughs so is it true that everyone dies except Miranda if you chose to keep the station?

I don't understand your post?

The Alliance was set on Shepard being dead. They were never going to try and bring Shepard back. If Cerberus had not taken Shepard's body, the Shadow Broker would have gotten it and sold it to the Collectors. You agree with Cerberus' methods of torture and horrible experiments like in the Overlord DLC?

No, it is not true that everyone except Miranda dies if you keep the Base.

I know but they never said that they had found your body which the council would have had to approve of. And no the S broker would not have found it because Liara found it first,sent it to the alliance, and well okay they would not have brought you back and probably would have but the alliance relies on tax money. something that rarely can go over 1 million and building shepard costed almost whatever is after trillions. and thank you for the no nobody has to die thing. I agree with cerberus's methods but I don't like most of them. since I am a quarian lover, I do not approve of cerberus attacking the migrant fleet.

I know but they never said that they had found your body which the council would have had to approve of. And no the S broker would not have found it because Liara found it first,sent it to the alliance, and well okay they would not have brought you back and probably would have but the alliance relies on tax money. something that rarely can go over 1 million and building shepard costed almost whatever is after trillions. and thank you for the no nobody has to die thing. I agree with cerberus's methods but I don't like most of them. since I am a quarian lover, I do not approve of cerberus attacking the migrant fleet.

No. Cerberus told Liara that they could revive Shepard, which is why she went looking for Shepard's body. Feron, one of the Shadow Broker's agents, was hired to find Shepard's body. The Collectors wanted it, and they still did in ME2. The Shadow Broker had planned to sell the body to the Collectors, because the Collectors asked him to. The Shadow Broker thought that selling the body would save himself from the Reapers. The Alliance and Council know nothing of Shepard's body even being intact until the Illusive Man slips that information to them.

Played both games through.... maybe a bit too many times but I always try to set a slightly different path for my Shep. The only consistent thing is probably her being female every time, since both of my tries to play as maleshep ended before a couple of hours had passed. Truth be told, for me the most natural and comfortable character to play as is a female paragon/paragade.

What kind of experience do you people have about different classes? Despite of several playthroughs I've only tried Vanguard (ME1 and ME2) and Sentinel (ME2 only, the ME1 Sentinel is dull since you don't receive any advanced weapon training).

Totally waiting for the 3rd installment on the series! smile.gif