christmawolf

Accents

*rolls eyes* Oh bite me lol.

IT IS THICK I SWEAR!!!! If you listen you can hear it lol.

*noms head*

Lol, and I squeak when laughing.

*wacks noming*

You sure do lol. EVIL LAUGHTA!!!

Hey, I can sound like England lol.

*wacks noming*

Fine, Sinder has a British/Southern accent. :3

On behalf of my country I am getting close to throwing a fit about there not being a British accent. Really people. British =/= English. You can have an English accent, an Irish accent, a Welsh accent or a Scottish accent but there is no such thing as a British accent.

*wacks noming*

What part of England do you sound like? laugh.gif

On behalf of my country I am getting close to throwing a fit about there not being a British accent.

On behalf of my nation I agree, but I suppose if they can't place the accent, they can't really help it. We'll just have to put up with it, like how they have to put up with British people saying "American accents". I can do a slightly American sounding accent, but I have no idea where in America it comes from, so I'd prefer to be safe and say that it's just "American".

On behalf of my nation I agree, but I suppose if they can't place the accent, they can't really help it. We'll just have to put up with it, like how they have to put up with British people saying "American accents". I can do a slightly American sounding accent, but I have no idea where in America it comes from, so I'd prefer to be safe and say that it's just "American".

I wouldn't get quite so annoyed if I didn't *know* they mean 'English' every time they say 'British'. It's like England doesn't exist. They'll mention Irish accents, Scottish accents... and British accents! It makes me want to take out an atlas and hit people over the head with it. Great Britain is made up of England, Scotland and Wales. If you've mentioned Wales and Scotland seperately than the only place left is England!

So, please people, only use 'British' if you are refering to the *whole* island. If you wish to refer to the bits of the island that are not Scotland or Wales then the terms you are looking for are England and English. 'British', as a term, by default includes the Scots and the Welsh. If you wish to refer to the official state then it is the United Kindgom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK for short).

Sorry, it's one of my bigger pet peeves. British =/= English!!

I live a little farther south than LA, so I think my accent sounds like a generic Americal accent with a little bit of a Mexican accent thrown in. Every once and a while I accidentaly roll my R's.

I don't even speak Spanish!

Edited by Aureliette

It's like England doesn't exist.

Ah, I find things like that annoying too. Or what is a bit odd is that if I mention to someone on (let's say, Omegle) that I'm from Britain, they are surprised when I tell them I'm actually from Scotland, since it's not as famous a place as England. I'm sure it's the same for the Welsh D:

Hehehe, back on topic of Accents, I've tried to do a posh English accent before. It sounds ridiculous. But then I also sound stupid if I try a Scot's accent. I CANNAE WIN.

Murr. I have an American accent, though I have a light Mexican accent sometimes.

I have... an accent. A very distinct one. Sadly, for some reason nobody can tell what it is. Some people comment English, some Irish, some other things. Everyone notices it when they meet me though. Its my accent. Some people ask if I'm from a different country even xd.png. No-one I know has it. Its wierd blink.gif.

On behalf of my country I am getting close to throwing a fit about there not being a British accent. Really people. British =/= English. You can have an English accent, an Irish accent, a Welsh accent or a Scottish accent but there is no such thing as a British accent.

I can't tell the difference between those a lot of the time, so british accent you have! *dubs you british-accent-haver!*

British =/= English!!

Yes, I can understand your pet peeve, so I apologize that I said 'British' in my other post. But really, the only accent I can actually name when I hear it is Scottish. I can't tell the difference between Welsh and English, so I just say British.

I took some quizzes...

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

This is what people call a "Minnesota accent" or "Fargo accent" as heard in the movies "Fargo" (obviously) and "Drop Dead Gorgeous." People with this accent live in northern part of Minnesota and in North Dakota, right next to the Canadian border. Some people might think you're a Canadian because of your accent.
Edited by Icepelt

I love different accents. They're a lot of fun to try and understand if you're not a native English speaker, like me.

Around here, most people speak English with a Greek accent. Which means it all sounds horribly wrong on most occasions. ^^;

My English teacher had an English accent I always liked and I'm glad to say she passed it on to me, even though I can't say I always do it justice. I can pull off a believable "generic" American accent, too, though...at least according to my cousin from Seattle.

Edit: Icepelt, would you mind giving a link to the quiz? I love fooling around with those. x3

Edited by MissK.

I can't tell the difference between Welsh and English, so I just say British.

Hahaha, if you ever go to Wales you will totally be able to tell the difference. I find them to be a lot softer and rythmic than English or Scottish. But if you ever hear a Welsh person, you will immediately know that it's really nothing like an English accent.

@TikindiDragon -

I can't tell the difference between those a lot of the time, so british accent you have! *dubs you british-accent-haver!*

Only if you want me to get homicidal. dry.gif

What part of England do you sound like? laugh.gif

Not sure, I've never been to England. My dad's side of the family is from England, so I have the skin, and eyes of a Britt. I can have an accent when I want to but mostly I stick to my southern accent lol.

I also have a very distinct voice that no one can place, but people always wonder.

So far I've had people guess from any number of places but none make any sense. I'm not sure why I have this sort of accent because neither or my parents do.

My dad's side of the family is from England, so I have the skin, and eyes of a Britt.

Haha is there even a special "british" type of eyes or skin?

Also, as I believe I have mentioned elsewhere, I have a West Country accent with hints of a Sussex-area accent (since I used to live there!).

Haha is there even a special "british" type of eyes or skin?

Also, as I believe I have mentioned elsewhere, I have a West Country accent with hints of a Sussex-area accent (since I used to live there!).

Not really lol. Just /most/ from what I have heard have sun sensitive skin or light colored skin, then really bright colored eyes.