christmawolf

Accents

There is something that's considered a "Latvian" accent to English, but I don't speak that way. In fact, I've been told that it's difficult to guess where I'm from judging from my English pronunciation.

I always try to figure out the different British accents ever since someone told me a while ago that there were different.. versions? Lol. |D

TotalHalibut on Youtube has the one that I like, but I don't know what certain accent he has. All I know is the he's from Newcastle. o3o

I have no accent that I can tell but I wish I had an Irish accent. I LOVE THEM XD

They're so awesome. o3o

I know someone with one. :D Their attempts at American accents fail, though. XD

Which reigon?

I have to ask, because most of the Americans I've known that have claimed to be able to do 'British' accents don't actualy sound like any Brit I've ever known, but more an over-hyped comedy version of said. I am, thus, cynical. It's great if you can approximate and actual reigonal British accent, but there is no such thing as a single 'British' accent.

Edit: stray '

We do- as you said- the overhyped comedy version. I doubt that there's truly a British/English reigon with an accent like it- it's more of a mixture of both accents. We talk like that as a joke. =3

And I'm not very familiar with many of the different British accents. ^.^ I hardly know most of the American accents, lol. xd.png So perhaps there is a reigon sounding like that, but I honestly wouldn't know.

I'm Canadian and don't say "eh?" every second sentence but I do it a fair bt that's for sure smile.gif

I used to have a Chinese accent but "dropped" it years ago after I stopped stuttering and started talking a million miles an hour

They're so awesome. o3o

I know someone with one. biggrin.gif Their attempts at American accents fail, though. xd.png

I am part Irish, among many other things *is true definition of mutt*, but I never grew up around it. I grew up around english, american style, so that is my voice. I wish I could change my accent. I would change it to Irish. British would be a second choice. Does't matter on region because they all sound awesome. Jamaican is the third. Then Australian.

I try not to have an accent but I fail when it comes to the word well. Sometimes it sounds like I say "wull." Even when I say accent it sounds like "achkseint" sometimes. And apparently, if I went to Montana it would be hard for someone to understand me. It happened to a friend of mine~

Now I love people with a British, Scottish, or Irish accent. Especially guys~<3

My roommate has a special accent. He kind of sounds like he's German but at the same time he sounds Scandinavian. But he speaks broken English like a stereotypical Japanese person.

Edited by Icepelt

*is true definition of mutt*

*is also a mutt*

My accents vary. I have Italian and Southern as my main accents, though. :/

Apparently, I have a very faint Canadian one.

I enjoy the various English and Australian accents, but my all-time favourites are female German or Russian accents, and very heavy male Irish/Scottish ones.

Both of which are featured prominently in Bioshock <3 And its sequel has a fantastic... something or other or Eleanor Lamb xd.png

According to some quiz I took, I have a Midwestern American accent...

I must have picked that up from my dad's family, which comes from that area.

I do think Russian and German accents are amazing. I can somewhat fake the Russian and Australian accents, but I fail at German accents.

Bahaha, I took an "American Accent" quiz and it said I had a Midland accent. :P

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Meh. How silly.

My friends always says i have a korean accent.

and im like i sound exactly like you my friend.

But who knows, i might since I AM from Korea

O.o

And about British accents my best bud is from London

and girls go CRAZY over him. Saying, "Say this! Say that!"

lol Poor Liam.

Edited by BeL0VED

I live near L.A., so I guess I have a southern California accent? I've never met anyone from northern California, but from what I've heard they have a different accent.

From what I've heard northern and southern California are so different, they could be two different states. Meh.

Bahaha, I took an "American Accent" quiz and it said I had a Midland accent. tongue.gif

Meh. How silly.

I got Inland North. >_>

... I call soda soda though, not "pop," who calls soda "pop"?

I live no where near the Great Lakes, like, 1000 miles South of it.

I took another one and got Stereotypical American.

I got Inland North. >_>

... I call soda soda though, not "pop," who calls soda "pop"?

I do, and so do most of the people I know.

I call it "pop" xd.png.

I think I sound like an "average american". I could probably do an okay southern accent. I suck at British accents. I really want to do a Cockney one.

I also say pop. When I took an accent test, I ended up with a Midwestern accent, which is good, since I'm from central Iowa!

For the most part, I speak 'generic' American, though I grew up with a speech impediment so sometimes my r's and s's end up weird. I spent some time in Ireland and later England. For a while, I could do a decent imitations of an Irish accent and a British accent (I really don't know the different accents, but I was in London, so picked up on whatever it was I heard there.)

Edited by Blazestarre

Bahaha, I took an "American Accent" quiz and it said I had a Midland accent. tongue.gif

Meh. How silly.

Oh I want to take this quiz^^

I always try to figure out the different British accents ever since someone told me a while ago that there were different.. versions? Lol. |D

TotalHalibut on Youtube has the one that I like, but I don't know what certain accent he has. All I know is the he's from Newcastle. o3o

That's sort of.... generic Northern. He sounds rather like my cousin who lives in Leicster, but he's not heavily accented at all.

There's a rather good selection of English accents here ( http://web.ku.edu/~idea/europe/england/england.htm ), though you need to listen to the copyright information in every file, which is in the same accent, before you get into the reigonal ones. England 5 is probably closest to mine.

chrismawolf - you kinda just proved my point. There is *no* 'British' accent. At all. There are English accents, Welsh accents, Scots accents, Irish accents.... but no single British acent. Britain is a bit af a vauge, overreaching concept that very losely binds us all together. Our cultural identities, on the other hand, are very much bound to the individual countries. As are our accents.

Edit: making the link work

Edited by TikindiDragon

There is *no* 'British' accent. At all. There are English accents, Welsh accents, Scots accents, Irish accents.... but no single British acent. Britain is a bit af a vauge, overreaching concept that very losely binds us all together.

Really it is the same with american accent. There really is no true american accent. More of a bunch of accents. Most people out of country just lump it together into american accent. As people lump britain's accents into british accent. It is just easier that way.

(all calculations are loose. by personal experience)

Soft Australian accent here. There's no difference between accents here, but how one words things does.

The strength of the accent also varies.

I am from a village*Hazel Grove* in Stockport north west of England so I have a posh northern accent... laugh.gif

Apparently, according to Sinder, I have an accent. Apparently at random moments I will say a word with a thick Irish accent, and it's really noticable on words with 'o' in them.

Though I can't find any accent on her except for y'all. :3

Apparently, according to Sinder, I have an accent. Apparently at random moments I will say a word with a thick Irish accent, and it's really noticable on words with 'o' in them.

Though I can't find any accent on her except for y'all. :3

*rolls eyes* Oh bite me lol.

IT IS THICK I SWEAR!!!! If you listen you can hear it lol.

Edited by Sinder