The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Welcome, natayah! :-)

I know it all looks a bit complicated and much, but it's pretty easy to figure everything out as you go.

I, too, would be happy to answer all of your PM questions. smile.gif

Especially any spreadsheet-related questions are probably best directed to me, because I made them. tongue.gif

Meanwhile, once you figure out you really want to join us, give me a shout and I'll send you a link where you can register your first dragons. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

natayah, hi and welcome to the Fifth Element. We're pretty free and easy here. There aren't really a lot of "You can't do this here" rules, but there is flexible structure that can help you shape your participation. (Like, giving and receiving milestones is optional, but fun.) I'd be more than happy to answer any question as well.

*crosses fingers*

Well, that was disappointing. I got a few blue eggs, which I abandoned. A refusal. A no egg and a no interest. And exactly zero silver eggs. Remind me next week and I'll try that again.

Thanks for trying, Fi! I'll take you up on that offer to try again next week biggrin.gif

natayah!!!!! Welcome to 5E! This is a great place to play, and like everyone else has said, feel free to ask all the questions you want biggrin.gif PM one of us, or ask in the thread ... this is a friendly group. No one will be crusty 'cause you ask a newbie question *lol*

I think I would've quit DC long ago without the challenges this group provides. I'm working on an all-inclusive rainbow at the moment. A project I never would've thought up on my own. Breeding pretty lineages keeps it interesting for me, and this is a great place to find ideas ... and get rewarded for accomplishing them biggrin.gif Nice!!

Milestone update--

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: Grandmother_cathie

RECEIVER: IvoryDragon432

GIFT: CB Water Egg

MILESTONE: 2d- 15 Elements in Water

Milestone gifted!

GIFT: CB Moonstone Egg

MILESTONE: 3b- 50 Elements in Fire

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME: IvoryDragon432

MILESTONE EARNED: 3b- 50 Elements in Earth

DATE EARNED: Aug 30, 2013

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Daydream

VERIFICATION: Spreadsheet

EARNED: 31 // RECEIVED: 23 // GIFTED: 5

MILESTONES NOT YET RECEIVED: 8 - CB Night Glory, CB Red, CB Hellfire, CB Sun, CB Crimson Flare Pygmy, CB Daydream, 3+ gen silver, 7+ gen silver tinsel

Edit:

For those of you with "Full Circle" dragons, I have instructions here to add a line to your spreadsheet that will count how many dragons you have that have names including Full Circle. You can add this anywhere where there is a blank line, but I'd recommend going to the 'DragonsPerCategory' tab and adding it as the last line there. Here are instructions for adding it there...

1. Go to the blank line at the bottom of the sheet (if you haven't changed anything, this should be after the 25th Gen line).
  2. In column A, type in your name (this isn't actually necessary, but it will make the format match the rest of the sheet).
  3. In column B, type the name you want to use as a category name. (I just wrote: Full Circle)
  4. In column C, copy the following exactly, then hit enter afterward.
    =COUNTIF(arrayformula(ISNUMBER(search("full circle", Dragons!B:B))),TRUE)

If you'd like to format it to match the rest of the page: Highlight the cell in column B where you wrote the category and hit the B on the top menu to bold it. Then, highlight all three cells you just typed in, go to the borders dropdown (the one that looks like four squares) and click on the first option (again, the one that looks like four solid squares).

Edited by IvoryDragon432

Cool, Ivory! Now I know I have 14 Full Circle dragons biggrin.gif Of course, that doesn't count the ones I abbreviated with 'FC' *lol*

Greetings,

I would like to join this project, but for some reason it seems very intimidating. I have many dragons I can go back and rename to fit in with the name theme and various Elemental themes, and I like the idea of milestones as something to work towards other than just "hey I'm gonna make a random breeding project" because frankly, I am generally too lazy to do that.

I know a few of you already, but I would like to be able to ask someone some newb type questions despite me not being a Newb type.

Thanks!

Hi natayah,

Great to have you aboard!

Of course we can help you with answers, but I don't think, you really need it, having helped other people inclusive myself so many times.

Edited by Zeldarax

Welcome natayah!

Thanks for the info Ivory! I have only 6 recorded Full Circles. I think I missed this year, I'll have to go back and see if I have any more.

Cool, Ivory! Now I know I have 14 Full Circle dragons biggrin.gif Of course, that doesn't count the ones I abbreviated with 'FC' *lol*

I hadn't considered that some people might have it abbreviated. lol

You could change the formula to this:

=COUNTIF(arrayformula(ISNUMBER(search("full circle", Dragons!B:B))),TRUE) + COUNTIF(arrayformula(ISNUMBER(search("fc", Dragons!B:B))),TRUE)

The only thing about that one is that it will pick up any dragon with an F followed directly by a C in its name. I don't think that ever really happens in English, but I'm not sure if you have dragons named in any other languages.

Edit:

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 4a - 100 Elements in Fire

DATE EARNED: Sept 4, 2013

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Golden Wyvern

EARNED: 32 // RECEIVED: 23 // GIFTED: 5

MILESTONES NOT YET RECEIVED: 9 - CB Night Glory, CB Red, CB Hellfire, CB Sun, CB Crimson Flare Pygmy, CB Daydream, CB Golden Wyvern, 3+ gen silver, 7+ gen silver tinsel

Edited by IvoryDragon432

Thanks, Ivory biggrin.gif

I do name some of my dragons with Scots-Gaelic words, but I think I'll be safe *lol*

ETA: Oooo...Now I have 21 Full Circle dragons!

Edited by deblogan

Hiya and welcome natayah! smile.gif

Valkie has a 3rd even gen gold hatchie checkered with daydreams if anyone would like to claim for a milestone. It's been influenced, but is fogged to keep from growing up.

My cousin's wedding is in 2 days, busy busy busy!!!

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: Fiona BlueFire

GIFT: CB Daydream Egg

MILESTONE:3b - 50 Elements in Earth

Edit:

Milestone gifted!

GIFT: CB Golden Wyvern Egg

MILESTONE: 4a - 100 Elements in Fire

EARNED: 32 // RECEIVED: 25 // GIFTED: 5

MILESTONES NOT YET RECEIVED: 7 - CB Night Glory, CB Red, CB Hellfire, CB Sun, CB Crimson Flare Pygmy, 3+ gen silver, 7+ gen silver tinsel

Edited by IvoryDragon432

Edit:

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 4a - 100 Elements in Fire

DATE EARNED: Sept 4, 2013

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Golden Wyvern

EARNED: 32 // RECEIVED: 23 // GIFTED: 5

MILESTONES NOT YET RECEIVED: 9 - CB Night Glory, CB Red, CB Hellfire, CB Sun, CB Crimson Flare Pygmy, CB Daydream, CB Golden Wyvern, 3+ gen silver, 7+ gen silver tinsel

See PM. biggrin.gif

I agree, Lastalda! Can hardly wait to see the adult descriptions (and the sprites, of course *lol*)

I was thinking the same. It looks like we might have a new water and fire (or maybe earth) dragon. smile.gif

I'm glad I got a chance to grab a few right away this time.

Edited by IvoryDragon432

i have 3 silver hatchies and gold egg up for trade but if anyone needs one can you let me know soonish as would rather gift them than trade laugh.gif

This is off topic, but I just have to share ... over a YEAR later, I finally got my first CB Male Blusang! I caught two during their release (which both gendered female *headdesk*) and then haven't managed a single other CB.

Mind you, I had to trade for this one biggrin.gif But I caught one of the new desert eggs with a code that started with "TJ" and managed to trade it for a male-influenced hatchie ... who proceeded to gender correctly *happy dancing*

Besides the one I traded away, I've managed a pair of eggs of each of the new species. If influence holds, I'll have a nice breeding pair of each. Can't wait to find out if they're elemental biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yay! TJ's dragons grew up;

Yellow-Crowned Dragons are found in the hottest, driest regions of the desert. Although they thrive in these conditions, they do very poorly in cold or humid climates. These dragons are very fast fliers and skilled hunters, and usually feed on small, quick desert antelope. Yellow-Crowned Dragons are diurnal, and spend the night in underground burrows they dig or steal from other creatures. They are often seen out sunning themselves in the early morning sun, waiting for the heat of the day to set in.

Red-finned Tidal Dragons are sociable creatures that dwell in warm waters populated by coral reefs and tropical fish. It is unusual to see a lone Red-finned Dragon, as they travel in large groups for defense and hunting. Although they spend most of their time underwater, these dragons will sometimes pop their curious heads above the surface to watch the sun or follow passing ships. With their long, flexible tails swirling in mesmerizing shapes, males are thought to be among the most graceful of sea creatures during their courtship dances. Their beautiful dances never go unnoticed by the opposite gender, and are very often rewarded.

I'm not really seeing anything elemental in the Yellow-Crowned dragons. They love heat, but that is all. On the other hand, the Red-finned Tidal dragons are clearly water creatures, as they spend most of their lives underwater.

Just presenting the opposite arguments here...

I could see a case for the Yellow-Crowned... They like sunning themselves, live in the desert, practically require heat to survive, and it's specifically mentioned that they're diurnal.

The Red-finned are clearly underwater creatures, but they don't really seem to do much with water other than live in it.

That said, neither dragon is anywhere near as Elemental as I was hoping.

Edit: iPad is not good for my spelling tongue.gif

Edited by IvoryDragon432

I think the Red-Finned Tidals should definitely qualify for water:

Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water.

I'm not quite sure about the Yellow-Crowneds, though I tend to follow IvoryDragon's reasoning towards a tentative yes for Fire.

Fiona, maybe you could ask the spriter how much they really depend on heat? I think if they do depend on it for all activity (which the description sounds like) that would make it a "Yes" for me.

I'm thinking a definite "yes" for the Red-Finned Tidals (in water, of course!), but I'm undecided on the Yellow-Crowned Dragons.

I'll wait to see if Fiona gets further information from the spriter before I vote.

I'm voting a definite YES on the Red Finned Tidal Dragon and Yes to water. They live their whole lives in the water.

I'm voting a tentative yes on the Yellow Crowns and place them in Fire as it seems that they are strongly tied to the sun. They are specifically listed as diurnal.

'Yes' on the Tidal dragons; I'll hold off voting on the Yellow Crowns until Fiona can (hopefully) find out more about them.