The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

I'm gonna offer this here first. it is a 4SS Sunsong Egg, both Z'coded Parents (1 CB, 1 3SS TinselKin) both also Elemental Qualifiers & One properly Elemental name, and the Elemental Names that goes back to the CB, including one that was bred to a Bronze Shim Prize so... Even better is the code it almost looks like Z'ngle - Like Angle but with a Z'Code - so I'd love someone to grab who can regift to someone who would enjoy this stuff, and maybe does both projects be it yourself or someone else, and .... if no one takes after a certain time, I will offer over in Z'Code Thread, enjoy if you grab it! Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

TJ's New Release dragons have grown up:

Named after their cloudy, ashen scales, Ash Dragons are large, gentle beasts, although their faces can give unaccustomed folk a fright. Their tough scales and sheer size make them infrequent attack targets, traits that explain why pygmy dragons and other small dragon breeds can often be seen riding on their backs, hiding amongst their large spiked scales. Though they tend to be mostly quiet, Ash dragons have a low, deep roar that is typically only used to threaten or call to others of their kind.

Hailing from northern climes, the Boreal Dragon prefers cold, snowy weather. A very secretive and solitary breed, they rarely descend from the mountains they call home. The breed communicates over long distances via loud, low-pitched bellows. These calls often cause avalanches at the peril of any creature unable to run or fly away to safety.

I don't know that I think Boreal dragons' affinity for cold and snow makes them elemental, and they seem closer than Ash dragons. Sadness.

This sounded like a fun project and I wanted to join but by the time I'd renamed and grouped my dragons the thread has gotten no activity for a month 

The new dragons grew up:

Aether Wyvern: "Aether Wyverns have the ability to control winds utilising air mana. During mating season, rival males often attempt to impress females by hanging onto a rock beside the female and letting another Aether Wyvern blast gale-force winds at them. The one to stay on the rock the longest wins, and if the female wins, she will reject both males. These wyverns also use their ability to control winds to blow away intruding dragons or to capture prey, though an Aether Wyvern’s aim is not perfect. As a solution to their imperfect aim, these wyvern s will create large winds that often blows away much more than they originally intended to."

Pipio Pygmy: "Pipio Pygmies are a hardy—but not very intelligent—species able to survive in most places. They communicate with each other using chirps, coos, and clicking sounds. They are very easy to tame, and as they breed readily in captivity and aren’t terribly picky eaters, these small dragons are a common sight in human settlements. However, Pipio Pygmies are still dragons, and are bolder in groups: when a group of these pygmies feels threatened, they may take off all at once in a disorienting swarm, and if the threat is great enough, they will attack the instigator with razor-sharp claws and teeth. Predators hoping for an easy meal, or abusive caretakers, have been known to lose an eye."

I for one highly agree that the Aether Wyvern would fit in WIND.

Pipios look not very elemental at all, they sure are cute but they seem like bird-dragons more than anything else.

Agreed that Aether dragons look like a good fit for Wind.

I'd vote yes for wind for Aethers too. They're clearly air elementals, creating and controlling winds, and also using their winds for defense and hunting, as well as part of the mating ritual.

I vote no on Pipios, unfortunately.

Can someone tabulate all the active votes sometime soon?  We should resolve the ones that have been running for a while and get votes on the newest couple of releases.  We should also set up a vote on possibly changing category definitions.

The latest releases haven't seemed too elemental to me.

Siyat: No, the bio-luminescence is cool but I don't see anything else to support fire?  Or if anyone has a good argument for life due to the time-based hierarchy, I'd like to see it.

Mimic: No, unless we substantially change the definition for life.

Boreal: No.

Ash: No.

Pipio: No.

Aether: YES, in Wind.

Okay, I looked around and tried to gather up all the dragons that haven't been voted on yet, please let me know if I missed one...

Opening up the vote for dragons released from July-September

Please check that your vote is correct!

All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally we would like a breed to have 2-3 distinct characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Pyrovar Dragon

Pyrovar Dragons live at high altitudes in areas with lots of volcanic activity. They are commonly associated with geysers and hot springs and enjoy soaking in the scalding water. Females bury their eggs in these areas warmed by geothermal energy and abandon them soon after. As a result, these dragons are territorial and solitary from a young age. Despite their affinity with water they have powerful flame breath and fire magic. They are entirely carnivorous and utilize a variety of hunting styles, from chasing down prey from the air to lying in wait beneath the water's surface to ambush any unwitting creatures that wander by.

Additional comments:

Yes: Silver (Fire), Fiona (Fire), Lavinia (Fire, pending description change), Nataya (Fire)

No: Cathie

Black Truffle

Black Truffle Dragons are one of the rarest breeds--though this was not always the case. Once, these dragons were quite prolific, but their musky-smelling secretions were found to be useful in the making of perfumes and scented oils, leading the dragons to be hunted near the point of extinction. Now, these dragons live far away from humans and will only share their oil with those they deem worthy of this gift, those possessing a pure heart and selfless spirit.

Additional comments:

Yes:

No: Silver, Fiona, Cathie, Lavinia, Stormfriend, Nataya

Siyat Dragon

Siyat Dragons are extremely smart and have an excellent memory. They are very quick and will often dive through the air making chirps and calls for attention if they feel ignored. Siyat dragons are herbivores and need to eat a lot to make up for all the energy they use with their excitable nature. Groups of Siyat Dragons have a hierarchical structure based on the color of their markings. It is thought that the social status of a dragon is determined by its incubation period—in addition to having different coloration, dragons allowed more time to develop are considered wiser and of higher status.

Additional comments: Corteo says the spots on their body glow. It is bio-luminescent.

Yes:
No: Silver, Lavinia, Fiona

Mimic Pygmies

Mimic Pygmies seem quite harmless during the day with their impish grins. However, at dusk they show their true nature, drawing on Death mana to imitate the voices of the dead, using their mimicry to lure the unsuspecting into an ambush. Once drawn into the circle of their colony, Mimic dragons will attack in a swarm, disabling their victim then settling down to lap up the welling blood from their still-living prey.

Additional comments:

Yes:

No: Lavinia, Silver, Fiona

Ash Dragons

Named after their cloudy, ashen scales, Ash Dragons are large, gentle beasts, although their faces can give unaccustomed folk a fright. Their tough scales and sheer size make them infrequent attack targets, traits that explain why pygmy dragons and other small dragon breeds can often be seen riding on their backs, hiding amongst their large spiked scales. Though they tend to be mostly quiet, Ash dragons have a low, deep roar that is typically only used to threaten or call to others of their kind.

Additional comments:

Yes:
No: Silver, Fiona, Lavinia

Boreal Dragons

Hailing from northern climes, the Boreal Dragon prefers cold, snowy weather. A very secretive and solitary breed, they rarely descend from the mountains they call home. The breed communicates over long distances via loud, low-pitched bellows. These calls often cause avalanches at the peril of any creature unable to run or fly away to safety.

Additional comments:

Yes:

No: Silver, Lavinia, Fiona

Pipio Pygmy

Pipio Pygmies are a hardy—but not very intelligent—species able to survive in most places. They communicate with each other using chirps, coos, and clicking sounds. They are very easy to tame, and as they breed readily in captivity and aren’t terribly picky eaters, these small dragons are a common sight in human settlements. However, Pipio Pygmies are still dragons, and are bolder in groups: when a group of these pygmies feels threatened, they may take off all at once in a disorienting swarm, and if the threat is great enough, they will attack the instigator with razor-sharp claws and teeth. Predators hoping for an easy meal, or abusive caretakers, have been known to lose an eye.

Additional comments:

Yes:

No: Silver, Phantom, Fiona, Lavinia

Aether Wyvern

Aether Wyverns have the ability to control winds utilising air mana. During mating season, rival males often attempt to impress females by hanging onto a rock beside the female and letting another Aether Wyvern blast gale-force winds at them. The one to stay on the rock the longest wins, and if the female wins, she will reject both males. These wyverns also use their ability to control winds to blow away intruding dragons or to capture prey, though an Aether Wyvern’s aim is not perfect. As a solution to their imperfect aim, these wyvern s will create large winds that often blows away much more than they originally intended to.

Additional comments:

Yes: Silver (Wind), Phantom (Wind), Fiona (Wind), Lavinia (Wind)

No:

As usual, just let me know if I missed any votes! Also I haven't looked at the description changes enough to know what to do with that, so I'll just leave that for Lastalda to handle whenever she can.

Edited by silver_tiger

I see I didn't vote on Siyats or Mimics. I vote no on Siyats because while the bioluminescence says fire dats all dey got. I don't think it's enough.

And Mimics: no again. I'm sad because I love them but unless our definition changes significantly death mana doesn't qualify them. I knew when I concepted them that they weren't particularly elemental.

TJ's Halloween dragons have grown up:

Arcana Dragons are a rarely-encountered breed of dragon known for both their magical abilities, and their quirky, hardworking nature. These dragons have specialized organs for storing mana, and can produce varying effects from these reserves simply through instinct. However, they are also very intelligent dragons, and when raised around mages, or others of their own kind, almost invariably become obsessed with the study of magic. Arcanae are diligent in their efforts to discover as many uses for magic as possible, and while they will openly treat others to the fruits of their labor—especially others who share their interests—they will also use their knowledge and abilities to trick any creature that thinks it can take advantage of them.

They look quite elemental to me, as LIFE.

•  

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects.

They possess mana pertaining to magical control, store mana and produce varying effects, including both positive and negative effects. Almost like the concept creators read our life description and created a dragon tailor made to it. haha

Organs that store mana? Instinctively producing different effects (does that mean they can actually change mana types???)? Able to use magic in general?

Yes, I very much agree. These guys should be part of the lineage in LIFE.

Guys, it's time for me to officially back out. :(

In an attempt to spend substantially more of my time on my real life, I have completely stopped playing DC in summer, and found I did not miss it (after a while). I have not found it in me to even care about new releases much for quite a while, and this time I even missed the Halloween release because DC just didn't enter my mind around Halloween.

It's time to move on.

I do miss this project, a bit - mostly you lovely people, really - but I know coming back here will drag me back to procrastination, and I really don't want this.

So, I am officially quitting DC and stepping down as a mod here.

I will, however, keep my scroll and my forums account (and maybe remember to log into my scroll often enough to keep my names, to keep the lineages pretty).

If you should need anything from me (e.g., passwords so a new mod can step up, or anything bred at all), just send me a PM. I will still read & reply to these. :)

Have a wonderful life, everyone, and I hope you will continue to enjoy this project and your dragons. :)

🖐️

Edited by Lastalda

Thanks for your contributions and service to this lineage, Lastalda! You will be remembered and missed.

...and I keep getting eaten alive by work, man. I guess unless there are any more votes on the current dragons, I'll be posting the final results on Sunday (unless I forget again, which is looking like a distinct possibility at this point... but I'll try not to).

In light of Lastalda bowing out, what are we thinking about the definitions changing? I'll take another look at them when I have the time, which at this point might not happen until after the Holidays (that is to say, Christmas).

Thank you for all you've given us, Lastalda. We'll miss seeing you but life does go on.

and...

7th gen all-inclusive Leeloo

I'd hoped for Gold or Silver but the Gold and Silver pair aren't giving me any eggs, so Prizes will work. Everyone needs named elementally, which is something I more or less gave up on ages ago, but it's still all elemental. How long ago did I start this? Two years? huh.

hey sorry I havent been active...Life and school got hectic this year and with not a lot to do on site it just doesnt hold my attention(currently when i can remember all my time has gone to unlock the market dragons so I can get some of the rare ones I dont have) When I next get time I want to try and log all my elemental dragons but right now I just cant Its to busy. sorry for not really being around that much ;-;

New Christmas dragons: "Starsinger Dragons are warm-hearted creatures who make their appearance at the start of winter. During the day, these dragons bask in the sun to absorb light into the crystals at their chest and between their horns. They will then perch high on tree tops or ledges at nightfall, where the shine of their crystals serve as a beacon for any weary travelers who have lost their way. However, these dragons are most well-known for the melodic songs they sing through the night, which can echo out for miles around in harmony with other Starsingers. These songs are often immortalized as festive carols and never fail to instill a sense of cheer and camaraderie during the holiday season."

Clearly elemental to me as they magically store light, then shine it out at night. Um, magic glow-in-the-dark singing dragons, heh.

/sigh/ Sorry, real quick though...

Pyrovar Dragons - Part of the lineage in FIRE

Aether Wyverns - Part of the lineage in WIND

Black Truffle, Siyat, Mimic Pygmy, Ash, Boreal, and Pipio Pygmy dragons - Not being added to this lineage at this time.

And with that, I think I need to bow out of the lineage, or at least step back. I have just about lost all interest in collecting dragons, I haven't named one in ages, and I clearly keep forgetting to come back here. Sorry all; the game just isn't holding my interest anymore.

Birthday dragons!

The Aeria Gloris are an unusual-looking breed. With six glowing eyes, a ring of crystals that orbits around the dragon’s neck, and seven sets of short wings lining their body, these dragons are thought to be related to something primordial, perhaps even alien. Regardless, Aeria Gloris Dragons are graceful and gifted with potent magic that allows them to manipulate space almost instinctively. They have been known to use highly complex teleportation magic on the fly, and while these dragons are not very mobile on the ground, they often take off by using their magic to create a field which temporarily reverses gravity’s hold. Aeria Gloris are usually neither malicious nor benevolent, preferring to mind their own business and wandering as if in search of something.

Geminae Dragons are known to be among the most powerful psychics of dragonkind. This power is used primarily to communicate with other creatures, but also as a defense mechanism. Though large, Geminae are not particularly well-suited for physical combat and thus rely on their psychic abilities to influence the thoughts, intentions, and emotions of anything that seeks to harm them. These dragons have no interest in fighting, either; they spend most of their time solving complex puzzles as a challenge for both heads to achieve together. Though both heads of the Geminae approach problems much differently, they are unparalleled in their desire to collaborate and compromise to reach a solution. When a Geminae puts its heads together, there is almost nothing it cannot do.

Vremya Drakes are known for their impeccable abilities to alter time as an instinctual response to external stimuli. Whenever they feel threatened or startled, Vremya Drakes are capable of locking their target into a temporary time loop, allowing the drakes to escape unscathed. This attachment to time magic also supplies them insight to potential outcomes a few moments ahead to give them an advantage in dangerous situations. Many instances of deja vu have been attributed to Vremya Drakes and their time loops. Once heralded as the most intelligent drake breed, they are actually not much smarter than the average drake, but their unique method of distracting enemies has falsely given them a reputation of cunning and acumen.

Galvanic Wyverns possess a strength that seems impossibly vast for their size. They achieve this through their unique ability to extract magic in its purest form directly from mana. They then channel this energy throughout their bodies via the metallic conduits along their spines, wings, and tail tips, giving them their magically-augmented physical prowess, as well as the magical dexterity to lay devastating spells. However, once they have depleted a mana crystal, they are left vulnerable until they are able to harvest another.

Kovos Pygmies cast terror into the hearts of those unfortunate enough to encounter one. As solitary hunters, they avoid contact with most other dragons. Tendrils of nearly-condensed liquid mana swirl about them at all times, bringing a sense of dread—and slow corruption after prolonged contact. They will attack prey even when well-fed, sometimes solely for the entertainment of the kill.

Lihnseyre Dragons are innately in tune with the souls of creatures around them, informing these dragons of where and what life forms are near. These solitary creatures use this ability to evade others and watch from a distance, staying out of sight or soaring high up in the air. As they have a tendency to “see” and appreciate souls more than the actual wielders of said souls, they are rather detached in terms of emotional and personal connections. Though some tell stories of their anger and sorrow being washed away by these dragons or being freed from weariness, this is not out of inherent goodwill; they simply prefer the feeling of peaceful souls. While hard to anger, a Lihnseyre Dragon, once enraged, will unleash powerful magic to sever the soul tether—the connection betweem a being’s material body and its extra-planar soul—of the offender and effectively end their life with cold indifference.

and the other releases

Valentines

The Sakuhana Wyverns are known for their alluring beauty and the sweet, pleasant aroma that follows them everywhere. Though they may be courted by numerous potential mates, a Sakuhana typically will only choose one and remain with them for the rest of their lives. They are very playful dragons that are always active and rarely sit still for long. Because of this, they are typically only seen during Spring, settle down for just long enough to find their mate. The presence of a Sakuhana always brings an influx of warmth and new growth; the dragons make use of their innate magic to help bring about an early Spring.

March

Blancblack dragons are a two-headed breed known for their hardiness and easygoing nature. They are omnivorous, with the cream head preferring to eat plants and the violet head preferring to eat meat, and can adjust readily to harsh climates. These dragons are sociable—both with other two-headed breeds and with single-headed dragons—and can often be found as adopted members of social dragon colonies. They are often considered symbols of balance and fairness, and likenesses of Blancblacks have been found in ancient ruins associated with law and justice. Females Blancblacks have longer tails than males, which they use as whips when defending a nest from predators.

Aqualis Dragons inhabit the shallow seas of Valkemare, preferring to make their homes in coral reefs. Due to their need to return to the surface to breathe, they avoid deep water unless absolutely necessary. Although they are quite drab when first hatched, prolonged contact with salt water causes their skin to become bright and iridescent. This vibrancy, when combined with quick movements, confuses the fish these dragons prey upon. Nomadic males travel the length of Valkemare’s reefs in bachelor groups, while females tend to claim a specific area as their own. A group of males will herd a school of fish into a female’s territory, and if she is seeking a mate, she will join the hunt. Once she has eaten her fill, she will choose the most skilled hunter to be her mate.

April

Skysilk Dragons spend their days drifting through the heavens, their voluminous manes billowing like clouds. Imbued with air mana, their fluffy fur is incredibly lightweight—so much so that it defies gravity, taking on a mind of its own as it puffs upward. This property makes them quite popular among avian species—birds flock together for the opportunity to play among a Skysilk’s fleecy crown. Docile and patient, Skysilks are quite tolerant of this treatment, with hatchlings in particular developing tight-knit friendships with their feathered visitors. Interestingly, their lustrous scales always retain their dull gleam, despite the frequent presence of tiny critters.

Mariner pygmies do not venture often to any mainland, preferring to lead their lives spread across the ocean’s multitude of small islands. They can soar for great distances with little effort, stopping only as necessary to rest. Mariners feed mostly on fish, sharing large catches with the rest of the colony. Pairs mate for life and usually remain in the same colony; when the colony becomes too large, it begins to split, and the smaller groups relocate to distant islands.

Hi, everyone! I know I've dropped off the face of the earth as far as the DC Forum is concerned, but I'm still playing with my dragons every now and then.

I wanted to pop in here to tell you that after absolute AGES, I've finally completed my 5E Hogwarts lineage! The final dragon is 7th generation, even-gen vine! (So she's a Slytherin headmistress *lol*) You can visit her here: Lineage

June and July releases

Rift Wyrms are dragons adapted to both the frigid depths of the sea and the void that exists in the space between spaces. They have the ability to rip holes in the fabric of space that lead into and out of the void, and can manipulate the size and location of these rifts with additional effort. Their bodies give off an unsettling chill, while their mouths tend to glow from the mana they’ve consumed. Between their appearance and their method of travel, Rift Wyrms have a reputation as eldritch creatures that do not belong in this world. They tend to have a mischievous streak facilitated by their abilities. This ranges by individual from harmless japery to active malevolence, and many people and dragons are wary of them. Despite their reputation as tricksters, these wyrms are curious and may choose to help others on a whim just as often as they decide to harm.

Avea Pygmies are extremely active dragons known for their aptitude for flight. They will often fly for long distances and are in a constant state of migration. Avea Pygmies live in large groups for protection and they will care for each others’ young. They are herbivores and especially like fruits and berries. When dealing with other species, Avea pygmies are short-tempered and quickly take offense. After one has offended an Avea, gifts and bribes are the best way to regain trust.

Luminox Wyverns are a spritely breed, though their sharp beaks and talons may suggest otherwise. As the fall months approach, they begin to collect and store heat from fire mana, and as the temperatures drop off, they release it through localized spots on their bodies. This enchanted heat creates a bubble of warmth around the dragon, not dissimilar to sitting by a fire, and it causes parts of their hides to glow a striking orange. They are very popular with children, who are enraptured by their bright wingtips, glowing markings, and magical warmth. As a result, they frequently join in on human festivities, much to the humans’ delight.

Sociable and small, Glowback Pygmies are very caring towards other pygmies’ young. They tend to be nocturnal, lazing in the sun or resting in the treetops during the day, while at night they dance in the dark, their backs glowing brightly due to a bioluminescent chemical they produce in the hair-like growths on their backs. These hairs may shine in many colors; some individuals hold a solid shade across their back, while most gleam with a multitude of different hues. They have a love for shiny objects, often taking them back to their nest and leaving something from their home tree in return.