The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Ok, well! I obviously don't have access to the official lineage account, but it's the 15th so here we go!

Closing the vote on the new dragons!

Aria dragons will NOT be added to the Lineage.

Morphodrakes will NOT be added to the Lineage.

Tarantula Hawk Drakes will NOT be added to the Lineage.

Frills will NOT be added to the Lineage.

Candelabras will be added to the Lineage in FIRE.

Nexus dragons will be added to the Lineage in LIFE.

Bolts will be added to the Lineage in FIRE.

Storm-Riders will be added to the Lineage in WIND.

...if there are any issues with this, please don't hesitate to contact me or just say here. I'm not the final authority by any means, just a humble player who wanted to get these tallied.

New Release! and it looks like 5 new dragons. So grab yourself some, folks. And cross our fingers for a new elemental or two. Or... more?

I'm thinking the one that warps time around it may be Elemental.

The Pygmy egg mentions "cobalt" in the description; not sure if it refers to the colour or…? Because cobalt is on the Periodic Table of Elements.

Edited by Xocowolf

I'm thinking the one that warps time around it may be Elemental.

The Pygmy egg mentions "cobalt" in the description; not sure if it refers to the colour or…? Because cobalt is on the Periodic Table of Elements.

It's probably the color... but who knows! The 'crystalline sheen' is something I definitely want to know more about. /Edit/ And they seem to have some kind of unique cracking sequence which is always interesting.

Magical aura egg and time-warping egg definitely seem like strong 'possibles' as well. How exciting!

Edited by silver_chan

TJ has adults!

Kyanite Pygmies are a feisty breed, always full of energy. Playfully ebullient, these tiny and elusive dragons like to chase after one another, darting in and out of small alcoves and other such hiding places. They often dig small burrows underneath large trees and nibble on the roots for sustenance. They rely on the towering oaks’ formidable trunks and vast immensity to hide them from predators, something their small size aids in. Kyanites also secrete a weak toxin when threatened, which further protects them from intruders. However, this poison is not strong enough to affect larger creatures, humans included.

Kingcrownes are a mysterious and proud species, possessing some of the most beautiful and reflective scales of all dragons. Despite this, what is sought after most is not their scales, but the silk-like hairs that grow along their head, neck, and elbows. The hairs themselves have a magical shine, and are thought to have powerful healing properties when used in potions. The hairs of a Kingcrowne are even believed to bring good fortune to those who possess them. Though it is obvious that these dragons possess magical abilities, it is still not entirely clear what they are fully capable of. Most of a Kingcrowne’s time is spent grooming itself, keeping its scales and fur in top condition.

Dark Lumina Dragons received their names from their highly reflective scales, which—at times—seem to glow. They are vain, always strutting about and preening incessantly; if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they’ll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last. These narcissistic dragons live in small groups and prefer to surround themselves with beauty. The males guard their territory and eggs while the females search for meat to eat. Dark Lumina Dragons are much meaner then their cousins.

Almerald Dragons are an unusual species. They have gem-like protrusions along their spine that brighten and darken depending on their mood. In addition, their body temperature grows warmer during periods of excitement, and cooler during darker moods such as anger or depression; as such, it is fairly easy to read an Almerald’s emotions. Their mood can change quickly at times, going from calm to angry in a matter of seconds. If their anger becomes bad enough they can become a frightening opponent. Adults are not normally high in energy, so they hunt infrequently and prefer to lazily consume large quantities of fruits and nuts.

Among the most elusive of dragon breeds are the Aeon Wyverns, a breed whose innate control over time mana marks them singular and great. They are able to peer into the multi-dimensional plane of time, seeing all that is, all that has been, and all that could be—within a small localized zone. When utilizing paritcularly strong magic, the black markings carved into an Aeon’s body glow a bright cyan, painting them in an ethereal blue light. In the past, they have been sought after as oracles to bring swift resolutions to major conflicts, but it is in exactly such sorts of times that they are nowhere to be found; rather than influence the outcome, Aeons much prefer to allow the natural order of things to progress, however grim that may be.

I've got to think about some of these before decided which way I'll vote but Dark Luninae are not much different from Luminae, which are not elemental, so I'm going to vote no on those. Got to think about the toxic pygmy, the mood ring green easterns and the magic fur Kingcrownes. I'm leaning toward yes on the time traveling Aeons.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I agree, Dark Luminae aren't Elemental.

No on Dark Luminae

Kyanite Pygmies – need to know more.

Neutral

Almeralds: I'm leaning toward Yes in Life, because they have Elemental-like structures growing from their bodies that change according to how the spirit moves.

Kingcrownes: I'm also thinking they should be in Life, and have a stronger reason for consideration. This is because their body parts are considered magical, bringing luck and healing.

Aeon Wyverns: Oh my Goddess, if this isn't Elemental I don't know what is!! Prophecy, time-travel, broad-ranging wisdom, what's not to love?!

A resounding YES!!

Edited by Xocowolf

The Aeons have a BSA, how exciting! It's called Precognition, and reveals the gender of an egg or S1 hatchling. The cooldown is apparently a week.

Edit: At this time, the only one I see as being Elemental is the Aeons. The rest are borderline at best, and unless we get some more info I can't see allowing them in, personally. I'd put them in LIFE, unless there is some compelling argument not to.

Edited by silver_chan

Opening the voting poll on the August Release dragons dragons!

All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally we would like a breed to have 2-3 distinct characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Kyanite Pygmies:

Dragon Description:

Kyanite Pygmies are a feisty breed, always full of energy. Playfully ebullient, these tiny and elusive dragons like to chase after one another, darting in and out of small alcoves and other such hiding places. They often dig small burrows underneath large trees and nibble on the roots for sustenance. They rely on the towering oaks’ formidable trunks and vast immensity to hide them from predators, something their small size aids in. Kyanites also secrete a weak toxin when threatened, which further protects them from intruders. However, this poison is not strong enough to affect larger creatures, humans included.

Additional Info : Found on the DragonCave Wiki:

They're sought after as pets due to their playful nature and small size, but because they hide in the ground and beneath large trees, they can be hard to come by. Demand for domestic stock far exceeds supply.

Their weak neurotoxin makes them ideal helpers in kitchens and cafés, where they can help kill rodents and other such pests.

Though they live underground, they're also quite able climbers, and occasionally venture into high tree branches to scout their territory for predators.

Yes -

No - Silver, Lastalda, Fiona, Cathie, Xoco

Kingcrownes:

Dragon Description:

Kingcrownes are a mysterious and proud species, possessing some of the most beautiful and reflective scales of all dragons. Despite this, what is sought after most is not their scales, but the silk-like hairs that grow along their head, neck, and elbows. The hairs themselves have a magical shine, and are thought to have powerful healing properties when used in potions. The hairs of a Kingcrowne are even believed to bring good fortune to those who possess them. Though it is obvious that these dragons possess magical abilities, it is still not entirely clear what they are fully capable of. Most of a Kingcrowne’s time is spent grooming itself, keeping its scales and fur in top condition.

Yes - Xocowolf (Life)

No - Silver, Cathie

Undecided - Lastalda, Fiona

Dark Lumina:

Dragon Description:

Dark Lumina Dragons received their names from their highly reflective scales, which—at times—seem to glow. They are vain, always strutting about and preening incessantly; if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they’ll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last. These narcissistic dragons live in small groups and prefer to surround themselves with beauty. The males guard their territory and eggs while the females search for meat to eat. Dark Lumina Dragons are much meaner then their cousins.

Yes -

No - Fiona, Xocowolf, Silver, Lastalda, Cathie

Almeralds:

Dragon Description:

Almerald Dragons are an unusual species. They have gem-like protrusions along their spine that brighten and darken depending on their mood. In addition, their body temperature grows warmer during periods of excitement, and cooler during darker moods such as anger or depression; as such, it is fairly easy to read an Almerald’s emotions. Their mood can change quickly at times, going from calm to angry in a matter of seconds. If their anger becomes bad enough they can become a frightening opponent. Adults are not normally high in energy, so they hunt infrequently and prefer to lazily consume large quantities of fruits and nuts.

Yes - Xocowolf (Life)

No - Fiona, Silver, Lastalda, Cathie

Aeon Wyverns:

Dragon Description:

Among the most elusive of dragon breeds are the Aeon Wyverns, a breed whose innate control over time mana marks them singular and great. They are able to peer into the multi-dimensional plane of time, seeing all that is, all that has been, and all that could be—within a small localized zone. When utilizing paritcularly strong magic, the black markings carved into an Aeon’s body glow a bright cyan, painting them in an ethereal blue light. In the past, they have been sought after as oracles to bring swift resolutions to major conflicts, but it is in exactly such sorts of times that they are nowhere to be found; rather than influence the outcome, Aeons much prefer to allow the natural order of things to progress, however grim that may be.

Additional information (from the wiki):

Has the BSA Precognition, which it can use to see an egg's future gender.

Regarding how their future vision works:

It says in the Aeon Wyvern's adult description:

"They are able to peer into the multi-dimensional plane of time, seeing all that is, all that has been, and all that could be—within a small localized zone. "

So think of it like this-- in a ring of an area around the Aeon, it can look into/project the future or the past and see the destined future (so what will definitely happen if things are allowed to naturally play out), anything that may potentially play out in the future if variables are changed, and also see into the past... but just in that zone. Like a recording playing through for them in that area of effect. Fast forwarding, rewinding, playing over again... that sort of deal. But they can't tamper with anything themselves, and they won't tell anyone the destined outcome of major conflicts/events (war, disaster, etc). (They also won't tell anyone how to change the future and avoid said outcome, either.)

[sub-quote: Or, having seen the full depth and breath of ALL of time, do they realize that even the worst events are just a spec of dust in the huge flowing river of time, and that this, too, shall pass?]

More or less this, as well.

And if the Aeon helps someone(s) once for something major, then people are going to expect the Aeon to do it again. And again. And again. And then they just get reliant on that Aeon's help/foresight. And they might get angry if the Aeon decides not to do anything for other major events. So it's better not to touch the issues in the first place, and let them just play out on their own.

Yes - Fiona (Life), Xocowolf (Life), Silver (Life), Lastalda (Life), Cathie (Life)

No -

Edited by Lastalda

I'm voting YES for Aeons in Life because of the whole powerful mana and time travelling thing.

I'm on the fence about Kingcrownes - the healing power and luck charm nature of their hairs sounds like Life to me, but from the description it's not clear whether they actually have that power or are just said to have them...

The rest don't sound elemental to me, so I'm voting NO on them.

I'm changing my "undecided" vote on Kyanites to a no. The mild toxin by itself doesn't seem like enough and that's their only current claim to being elemental. Sadness.

I'm still sitting on the fence about Kingcrownes. They seem like they ought to be elemental as they're magical. But without a more thorough explanation of their magic it's hard to give good reasons. I can't really contact Tiki for more info as she's been mostly not around. Busy girl.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I'm voting Yes for the Aeons in Life.

I'm voting No on everything else (even if I really want the Almeralds because I just love them).

Cheers!

I'm slowly starting to get back into breeding for this lineage... feels good, haha. I still need to collect so many dragons, but it's nice to just breed a little now and then xd.png

Edited by silver_chan

New dragon release! They both have possibilities.

Leaf litter egg in the jungle, diamond eggs in the volcano and alpine.

I'm closing the voting on the August Release dragons:

We're accepting Aeon wyverns into LIFE!

All other breeds will not be included at this time, though do feel free to bring them up again in the future if more information becomes available.

I have added Aeons, Candelabras, Nexus, Bolts and Storm-Riders to the Mastersheet (which means your spreadsheets should be able to count them now). smile.gif

I hoe that makes at least the Mastersheet up to date, even if the first page is not (and I don't have time for it now). If there's anything missing from the Mastersheet, please let me know.

It would be very helpful if someone else could take care of the voting on the Sepember Release, please?

*vanishes again into the abyss of work overload*

Edited by Lastalda

I'd be more than happy to do the September voting, if no one else wants to. I really wouldn't mind handling all voting, really, I enjoy tallying things... /hides under a bush

I like the Diamondwings. Though I'd like to hear more about them first; is collecting gems enough to make them Elemental? If they get in, obviously they'd be Earth.

The Monarchs are beautiful, but again, they only mimic an existing mundane life form. They migrate but that's not necessarily Elemental.

Edited by Xocowolf

I like the Diamondwings. Though I'd like to hear more about them first; is collecting gems enough to make them Elemental? If they get in, obviously they'd be Earth.

The Monarchs are beautiful, but again, they only mimic an existing mundane life form. They migrate but that's not necessarily Elemental.

I agree, we need more infos. The migration could possibly put the Monarchs in Wind or Life, but just migrating by itself doesn't exactly make them Elemental. Tons of critters migrate.

Opening the voting poll on the September Release dragons!

Diamondwings:

Dragon Description:

Diamondwing Dragons are named for the myriad tiny scales that grow on their wing membranes, lending them a faceted, lustrous appearance. These meticulous creatures will spend months ranging far and wide to collect the shiniest trinkets and gemstones to adorn their nests. Once his nest is complete, a male Diamondwing will perform an elaborate aerial dance hoping to impress potential mates with his beauty and prowess.

Additional info (found on the DC Wiki):

Diamondwing dragons are proud, flamboyant, affectionate creatures with temperaments as lustrous as their wings.

Males will endanger their own lives to collect the shiniest trinkets with which to decorate their dens and perfect the most impressive aerial displays, and for good reason: they are looking to attract The One, and they intend to keep that mate forever. Mated pairs will still act out the rituals of courtship annually to reaffirm their bond, but it's exceptionally rare for a pair to part ways before one is slain.

Diamondwings prefer to live in mountainous regions, and do not seem to mind heat or cold.

They're highly social and loyal to those they trust, but that trust is hard to win and easy to bruise.

Flattery will get you (almost) anywhere.

Yes:

No: Silver_chan, Fiona, Lastalda, Cathie, Lavinia

Undecided: Xocowolf

Monarchs:

Dragon Description:

Monarch Dragons feed on large waterfowl, supplementing with a diet of with eggs and fish as needed. Driven by the arrival of cold weather and the need to follow their prey, Monarchs are themselves migratory, leaving the forests in early fall and heading to the warmer climates of deserts and jungles. These migrations are a sight to see, as along the way smaller groups join with one another to form a single large group that can blot out the sunlight as they fly over. Until they reach their destination, they only land for short periods of time to rest. Monarchs spread out across the land at the end of their journey, breaking up once more into their small family groups until the time comes to return to the forest.

Additional info (found on the DC Wiki):

So, at no point are monarchs fluffy, not even the hatchies. xd.png;

The male's white spots are lighter than the female's.

The male has the same dark points the female does (dark muzzle, horns, feet, tail), but they're less obvious because his whole body is darker.

[sub-quote: Wait are the monarchs really the first bug based dragon?]

Caligenes are based on a specific species of death's head hawkmoth (Acherontia lachesis).

I don't know if you want to count drakes in this, but morphodrakes and t hawk drakes are also based on insects (peleides blue morpho butterfly and tarantula hawk wasp, respectively).

The frill at the ends of monarch tails are just little frills, no relation to oak (or any other tree) leaves. o3o

Yes:

No: Silver_chan, Fiona, Lastalda, Cathie, Lavinia

Undecided: Xocowolf

~

(I updated the front post with the dragons that we accepted from the last month or so, so hopefully all that is up to date. ETA: I fixed the Bolts, they're in Fire now. Thank you Lavinia.

--Silver)

Edited by The Fifth Element

Sadly, I think I have to vote no on both Diamondwings and Monarchs. I just don't see enough that's elemental in either of them to support them.

Welcome to the lineage, Kooliana! I hope you have fun here, and don't hesitate to pm me or really anyone else if you have questions (I just suggest myself because I have a lot of free time at the moment, heh...)

Yeah, it's sad that neither of these dragons have anything really elemental about them, I would have loved to welcome them into the fold. Oh well... we can't accept everything, sadly.

Edited by silver_chan