The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

I haven't registered anything in ages, apart from a few milestone related dragons. xd.png Figuring out names takes so long! These days, I'm happy if I manage to at least sort my new dragons unnamed into my scroll where they belong every few weeks. xd.png

I don't sort until they are named and registered. I'm so behind and my scroll is so backed up! #firstworlddragonproblems

I need to sort them or I go nuts. I use them for breeding projects, even when unnamed, and for that I need to find them. tongue.gif

But naming somehow doesn't happen. tongue.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Hah, I was trying to name them as I went along but that somehow utterly failed to happen. I need to sort them for my own peace of mind, but man naming them is going to be hard...

I'm in Lastalda's corner. I have to sort them, whether I'm breeding them or not. Gotta do that. Naming? Not so much. And registering them? ... ... ... That goes under "some day" along with names. Cathie helped me a ton by registering the ones I'd gotten named. That still leaves several hundred needing names and registered. And entered on my private spreadsheets, organized by breed, generation and lineage. Which will happen approximately never.

Lol.

I name the ones I'll be breeding more often first, or for specific projects. Others can wait. But only my 5e don't get sorted until I name them, easier for me to keep track of what needs to be registered. I have markers on my scroll for them too! So I have a wall of some named, some not. Once I register them I sort them.

When the block gets too big and starts pushing too many of my first page dragons to the next page (my rares) is when I usually get motivated...

Then I add them to my personal spreadsheets as well, at the same time I register them. By element then breed, and then gender/generation. With colors. And notes. And links.

I do love spreadsheets. Lol

Oh, good, I'm not the only one with a wall of unnamed Elementals... I don't even know which ones I've registered. My scroll is sorted just by breed, so there's no problems there.

I HAVE to register a dragon at the same time that I name it, otherwise I'd never have any idea which ones needed registering or not... and yes, naming is difficult.

Closing the vote on the new dragons!

Sapphires will NOT be added to the Lineage.

Antareans will be added to the Lineage in FIRE.

Celestials will be added to the Lineage in WIND.

Yay, new breeds! smile.gif

Have already updated the first page, the Mastersheet and the New Members Form (go, me! xd.png). smile.gif

~ Lastalda

I HAVE to register a dragon at the same time that I name it, otherwise I'd never have any idea which ones needed registering or not...

Exactly that.

When I sort my (usually unnamed) dragons into place, I add CBs and Prizes to their respecitve spreadsheets (prizes with infos, for CBs I just collect the links so when I want to breed a CB of a certain breed and gender I just have to click through the right row in the spreadsheet until one of them cooperates.

Naming, however, only happens alongside registering, or I get all confused. xd.png

Antareans will be added to the Lineage in FIRE.

Celestials will be added to the Lineage in WIND.

Whoo Hoo!!! New babies I need to work on making the time to make and log.

Are we going to have a shiney swap soon? My DH heard me talking to myself (aka complaining) that I never have anything good to offer and traded for some shiney eggs for me to throw in. Isn't he just a doll! smile.gif

I had kinda speculated on next Monday since I'll be locked for most of today and will have guests this weekend, but I guess I should have said that... xd.png

But anyway, Shiny drawing! biggrin.gif

Rule reminder, because it's been too long tongue.gif : Any member who has been active (on the thread and/or registering dragons) for at least 2 months can join. All members can offer rare eggs/hatchlings, but you don’t have to donate in order to join. smile.gif

If you offer perfect stair prizes or 3rd+ gen chequers, please influence them correctly while you still can? smile.gif

I'll try to breed some shinies later today, but someone else will have to organize the actual drawing (i.e. collect the links and participants and draw numbers).

Edited by Lastalda

How long is the donation phase gonna last?

Usually 1-3 days, but in the end it's up to whoever does the organizing. (Any volunteer? As I said, I definitely can't tally before monday.)

ETA Question:

how high a gen are members actually wanting for prizes? Seeing how common low-gens have become and how cheap they are in trades these days, does it even make sense to offer anything above 4th, maybe 5th gen? Or would these just block the gifters' scrolls needlessly because we're swamped in better offers again? xd.png

Tl;dr: would any of you happily get prizes above 4th gen? 5th gen?

Also, what about CB xenos? They're not exactly shiny, but from their rarity they're not too far off coppers...

Edited by Lastalda

I'm too egglocked to try breeding metals and don't have any low-gen prizes to try breeding, whoops. Will work on shinies after eggs hatch.

@Lastalda: As far as prizes go, if the prize dragon is either one of the lineages I'm collecting, I don't care what the gen is. Otherwise I'm... still not too picky, shiny dragons are shiny dragons.

I don't normally collect prizes above 3rd gen, with an occasional 4th gen. Frankly, I don't collect much of anything above 4th gen. But I'm picky. I'd say though that 4th gens will be slow to be picked and 5th gens will wait until last if picked at all.

I would enjoy having CB Xenos offered. I love all the Xenos. I can never catch my own; the only thing I see consistently in the cave is blockers.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I am happy to organize the shiny drawing. I'll make a post with participants and shinies by tomorrow.

Lastalda: I would possibly be interested in prizes above 4th/5th gen, depending on the lineage, but I agree that those might have a hard time competing with the usual amazing offers. I could go either way on CB Xenos.

My 2nd gens were uncooperative. sad.gif

But I got some 4th gens, and would like to join. :-)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MeKr8

http://dragcave.net/lineage/CAJyx

http://dragcave.net/lineage/otDZ4

http://dragcave.net/lineage/5k5La

http://dragcave.net/lineage/kOs82

No time to hunt for CB Xenos, but hopefully next time.

Edited by Lastalda

I want to participate! (Have I been back for at least two months? I don't even know lol, at least I can try to donate anyway!) I have to wait to breed my shinies until later tonight or tomorrow though.

Yaaaaay raffles.

I still see some prizes 4Gish going for crazy offers (CB metals/Almondines, etc). lol

I'd also be okay with CB xenos being offered. They're super rare in my book. I have yet to see one in the cave, let alone a copper or gold/silver. dry.gif

Im officially confused about this shiny thingy but Im postive I cant join anyway tongue.gif pretty sure it hasnt been two months....... unsure.gif

I'm pretty sure that all my shinies are either on cooldown or don't have a decent mate yet...

Speaking personally about prize dragons, it mostly depends on which lines I have already. If I don't have any from one line I'd love to get one no matter the generation, but if it's one I have one or more of already I'm more interested in getting smaller gens from that line.

Im officially confused about this shiny thingy but Im postive I cant join anyway tongue.gif pretty sure it hasnt been two months....... unsure.gif

You're not at two months yet. sad.gif You'll definitely be able to join the next shiny drawing, though!

Watch and see how this one works, and if you still have questions after that, we're happy to answer.