The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Shoot, I totally forgot about that! I might have some things growing up... ack, my timing was all off this year.

Hopefully I can get at least a few full-circle dragons, that would be nice. I'm full up on eggs that I don't want to drop, unfortunately, but maybe I can scoop some things out of the AP after they get to eggs laid/stolen on that day.

Edited by silver_chan

TJ has an adult:

Despite their great size and strength, Celestial Dragons are a peaceful breed named for their spectral, starry appearance. Little else is known about them, as they spend the vast majority of their lives partially phased out of the plane of existence through the use of powerful magic. Celestial Dragons are thought to assume their corporeal form only long enough to reproduce or to die; the rest of the time, they resemble living, breathing constellations, impervious to all physical and magical harm.

These defnitely sound elemental to me!

But Life (for their powerful mana) or Wind (for their strong cosmos relation)? They have strong ties both ways, I think...

(In light of this new release, I'm holding off the voting post for a week or so, so we can vote on all 3 breeds together.)

Edited by Lastalda

Also: Happy Full Circle Day, everyone!

This lineage project has been active for 7 years now. Pretty amzing, if you ask me! biggrin.gif

~ Lastalda

Edited by The Fifth Element

Full Circle Day

Do the Dragons have to be Elemental?

Do said dragons have to be grown, Hatched or Caught/bred today?

if they can be hatched today i am more than happy to spend some time On AP looking for CBs need something to occupy my time Shoulder Surgery was done weekend sad.gif

From the 1st page:

5. 'Full Circle' refers to the date this lineage started, April 4 2009. If a dragon was bred, stolen, hatched, or matured on April 4 of any year, it may include 'Full Circle' in its name.

It has to be an eligible dragon, of course. wink.gif

Turns out all my 7 eggs from the new release will be Full Circle eligible, though I don't know yet whether I'll name them accordingly. So far I have blissfully ignored Full Circle day. xd.png

Edited by Lastalda

For Full Circle dragons, do we have to just include 'Full Circle' in the name, or both 'Full Circle' and 'Element' or '5E' in the name?

I managed to catch a Red for the date, and I have a Xenowyrm growing up just by chance later today, but since I'm out of incubates, I think I'm just getting the two this year. Serves me right for not thinking ahead, I guess!

Though I will probably try to scoop some out of the AP at the appropriate time, like I said in my last comment.

@Lavinia - I'm not sure if it's a rule that you have to have Full Circle in the name, but you have to at least have Elemental/5E in the name and I was led to believe that if you couldn't fit 'Full Circle' in the name you can use FC.

Edited by silver_chan

Oooh. All seven of my new-caught eggs are Full Circle and one of my Undines grew up today... a few more might too.

What I was told in the past is that Full Circle (or FC) is sufficient. It doesn't also have to have 5E or Element in the name. It's one or the other if you prefer. My Full Circle dragons don't include Element or Elemental in their name.

...oh, huh. Maybe I misunderstood then! It will be a lot easier to come up with names if I just have to put Full Circle.

I just bred two Full Circles, a Storm (7th gen even) and a Terrae (6G even). The latter weds my Four Seasons Elemental project with my Druidic Elementals (Sairyss/Fafnir/Naelon/Grael) project.

Also, I agree — the new April dragon has a very Elemental ring to it, I vote YES!!

I have one to give away if anyone wants it. Obviously I was hoping for a shimmer. Two way so I know who it goes to.

Send a dummy!

Also, I thought I'd give away a silver tinsel egg. Lineage

Guess a number between one and ten. Whoever is closest to the one in my head gets it. (Posting them here means no one picks the same number so it's more fair)

I have one to give away if anyone wants it. Obviously I was hoping for a shimmer. Two way so I know who it goes to.

Send a dummy!

Guess a number between one and ten. Whoever is closest to the one in my head gets it. (Posting them here means no one picks the same number so it's more fair)

i guess 5.

Send a dummy!

I guess 8!

Send a dummy!

will have to go with 6 smile.gif

Send a dummy!

I guess 1

From the April Release thread:

user posted image

Basic Anatomy:

Celestial dragons are massive, solidly-built creatures that are every bit as physically imposing as they appear.  In their corporeal form their dense hide feels like suede to the touch, with regular patterns of bioluminescent blue markings on a field of midnight-purple, all of which fades to a ghostly, transparent blue when the dragon phases out. They develop a distinctive jawline and bony horns as they age; a shapely jaw and large, symmetrical horns are thought to advertise an individual's superior health and fitness to potential mates. They have large, expansive wings well-adapted to soaring for long periods of time at high altitudes. While incorporeal, their bodies can pass straight through object and organism alike, causing a sensation of walking through a warm draft of air, though doing so intentionally is considered in poor taste.

Behavior:

Celestials are intelligent, frighteningly powerful practitioners of magic. Because they spend the vast majority of their existence in an ethereal, invulnerable state, however, they are peaceful, patient creatures that customarily have no fear of predators or concern for territorial threats offered by other organisms. They seem to show aggression only when guarding their young, which are helpless until they grow strong enough to become incorporeal themselves. Once they do so, they will only resume their physical form in order to breed or when grievous illness leaves them too weak to use their own magic any longer. They are exceptionally hard to see in their incorporeal form during the day, giving rise to a mistaken assumption that they are purely nocturnal; in fact, they seem to show no preference for day or night, and simply sleep whenever the mood strikes them. Celestial dragons are nomadic and predominantly solitary, able to cross vast distances without landing. Despite this, they maintain a healthy, structured social life, forming and maintaining lasting bonds with others of their kind by congregating in small groups at ideal basking areas and engaging in animated philosophical debates. They have never been known to have disputes over territory or differences of opinion; if a celestial tires of her present company, she simply moves on.

Diet:

Celestial dragons do not eat solid food, so they need not corporealize to feed. Most of the cells in a Celestial dragon's body, both internal and external, are light-sensitive and photosynthetic, allowing them to feed quite efficiently in their celestial form even on dim starlight. When preparing to breed, both male and female Celestials will spend large swaths of the day basking lazily in the sunlight in order to stockpile energy.

Habitat:

Celestial dragons seem capable of withstanding any climate as long as the area has enough clear-sky weather to facilitate their need to bask.

Thanks for posting that, Lavinia.

Are we voting yet? I'm going to vote yes for Celestials in Wind. I was a little torn between Life and Wind because of their strong magic, which is unique and would tend to land them in Life. But they 1. feed on sunlight. 2. resemble a constellation 3. spend a large part of their lives flying. 4. Can be walked through like air? So I think Wind has a stronger claim than Life.

ETA: the shimmerkin hasn't gotten any interest so I'm going to abandon, since I already have a kin from that pair.

On the raffle:

SnowyIcefall: 1

Phantom: 5

rrattts: 6

silver_chan: 8

Anyone else want in? I'm going to close this out later this afternoon.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I wouldn't know what to do with the beauty, as I don't generally do chequers. xd.png

Awesome of you to offer it here, though. smile.gif

Can any of you possibly help me with a 2nd gen almandine from Heartstealer? It's not for myself but for an IOU - I need a second one to accompany the one I could breed (only have one CB almandine pair).

Any help would be appreciated (and of course I'll happily get you something in exchange)! :-)

What I got in exchange for this and the bunch of 2nd gen holidaykin will happily be bred for shiny raffles to come. biggrin.gif (Which reminds me, once we're done with voting on the current batch, I think we should do another shiny raffle. It's been way too long, don't you think? biggrin.gif)

Edited by Lastalda

I wouldn't know what to do with the beauty, as I don't generally do chequers. xd.png

Awesome of you to offer it here, though. smile.gif

Can any of you possibly help me with a 2nd gen almandine from Heartstealer? It's not for myself but for an IOU - I need a second one to accompany the one I could breed (only have one CB almandine pair).

Any help would be appreciated (and of course I'll happily get you something in exchange)! :-)

What I got in exchange for this and the bunch of 2nd gen holidaykin will happily be bred for shiny raffles to come. biggrin.gif (Which reminds me, once we're done with voting on the current batch, I think we should do another shiny raffle. It's been way too long, don't you think? biggrin.gif)

Have you a spare egg slot? have one waiting if so smile.gif send me PM

Edited by rrattts

It is rather time for another shiny drawing but if you don't mind waiting a bit most of my alts and prizes are on cooldown for at least the next several days.

Closing the raffle. smile.gif Thanks for playing. The number I wrote down was 7, so there's a tie. I've got a solution in mind though.

I vote YES for celestials - still torn on the element. Also, did I miss the vote for the other release? Did we make one of them official (dustbutts)?

Auuugh fulltime job plus part time job makes for very spazzy mishii.