The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

You're both very welcome.

@all: you really don't have to post Milestone forms right away. Posting them when you have the brain and computer space to fill them completely is actually more helpful, because I usually can't update the Milestone Mastersheet with incomplete data, so posting an incomplete form and updating it later increases the chance that I'll overlook it during the next update because I think I've already covered that part of the thread.

Just as a heads-up. smile.gif

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: Grandmother_Cathie

RECEIVER: mishii

GIFT: CB Winter

MILESTONE: 3B: 50 Elements in Earth

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: Lastalda

GIFT: CB Blue Lindwurm

MILESTONE: 3c: 15 daydreams

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: grandmother_cathie

GIFT: cb pyrope pyral

MILESTONE: 3b: 50 Elements in AIR

Uh... I think I'm caught up now? dry.gif Sorry, been out sick, never got on the computer for like a week. All better now!

If I missed one let me know.

Edited by mishii

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: Grandmother_cathie

RECEIVER: Lavinia

GIFT: CB Day Glory

MILESTONE: 1a. 15 total elements

Milestone gifted!

RECEIVER: Lavinia

GIFT: CB Ice

MILESTONE: 3a. 100 total elements

Thank you both wub.gif

Edited by Lavinia

@Lastalda - found the one I was missing (lol)

EDIT: Added 2nd milestone, so I didn't double post. biggrin.gif

Milestone gifted!

GIFT: CB Blue Lindwurm

MILESTONE:3C: 15 Hellfires

Milestone gifted!

GIFT: CB Winter

MILESTONE:3C: 15 Whites

QUESTION: Can I HIDE columns in my registration sheet without it messing anything up? I don't particularly care to see the timestamp of when I registered a dragon, or when they grew up.

Edited by mishii

Yippee! New eggs released! And they sound rather promising for elementals. One is like polished stone and the other has mysterious dust. So, I'm hopeful.

It would be pretty neat if we had another metal dragon being released, but we'll see! And the green one is intriguing.

Not impressed with the speed at which they have all but vanished... :/ (But then, I've never been a fan of the wide range of rarity we have on DC.)

On a different note, does anyone need a 2nd gen alt undine from undine x tsunami?

I actually managed to get 2 out of 5 from my first batch of attempts for the Leeloo... o.O (Where is that luck when I'm trying for purebreds?)

Let me know who takes her home? smile.gif

Anyone finding it difficult to catch new eggs? my first lot have hatched so hunting again depending on how it goes, will be willing to pass on but will have to be quick takes as soon as off CD unsure.gif will add links if or when i have spares will be on first come basis for now smile.gif

I've had yet to get any. Sat in the cave for two hours last night and zip. I missed the drop while I was at work sad.gif

Asking again: can I hide columns in my spreadsheet safely?

Asking again: can I hide columns in my spreadsheet safely?

Sorry I missed this.

Yes, hiding is no problem, just don't delete them. smile.gif

Anyone finding it difficult to catch new eggs? my first lot have hatched so hunting again depending on how it goes, will be willing to pass on but will have to be quick takes as soon as off CD unsure.gif will add links if or when i have spares  will be on first come basis for now smile.gif

Have managed somehow to catch another 3 (Sore Wrist now) will post 2 way links when they start coming off CD smile.gif first one couple of hours other just under 4 and 5 hours

first one off CD offer a random if you need back message me http://dragcave.net/teleport/6781dcf527107...cf7108b9e293958 Gone 2 in couple of hours off to hunt for another rolleyes.gif

Edited by rrattts

Thanks Lastalda!

So over the past week I managed to secure myself some pretty shimmers and tinsels, and some CB silvers (thanks to a certain someone <3) with IOUs for BSA hatches, some holiday-kins, and a few PB bred stuff. Last few weeks since I came back to DC have been rather epic as far as catching up on missing breeds and shinies. <3

I'm using the offspring as they grow up to try and secure some new release eggs. Lol. Just like everyone else! Everyone's wants in the trade threads are "March release!!" We will see how it goes. No bites so far /sigh

The new eggs are really pretty. I'm interested to see what they are!

I want one more blue one but I'm not even seeing them in the cave right now. I probably won't since Slow Computer + Pokey Connection = Poor Hunting. But I have 4 orange ones and 3 blue ones so I can wait. Those who don't have any should get theirs first.

mishii, if you need more trade bait just let me know. I can try breeding you some 2nd gens from my alt Shadow Walkers. They are usually good for getting nice stuff. I can also try to breed you some 3rd gen prizes but the brats are notoriously stingy.

Yeah trying to hunt the new eggs lagged my computer to bits >.< *grumbles* but I did manage 3 orange and 2 blue. surprisingly..I dont even know how I managed the oranges...... I still debating if I want to attempt and get more when im out of egglock (so far the awnser is "No i do not wish to kill my computer or internet" But that might change *shrugs*)

and I still need to sort my dragons and see what elementals I have....why must you be so slow wikia...why ;-;

Edited by SnowyIcefall

and I still need to sort my dragons and see what elementals I have....why must you be so slow wikia...why ;-;

....Story of my life. D:

They grew up!

Sapphire dragons were so named for their brilliant blue-green color, which is reminiscent of the gemstone. This breed was historically hunted for their scales; even long after, they remain distrustful of humans. Normally a Sapphire is not very aggressive, but they will defend themselves vigorously if under attack. Their diet consists mainly of fruit, with smaller portions of large insects and other invertebrates. Males woo females with vocalizations similar to bird songs. Sapphire Dragons are very loyal to their mates, and it is not unusual that they pair for life.

and

Antarean Dragons are peaceful creatures shrouded in mystery. They are primarily found in the desert where they get most of their nutrients from sunbathing. Their most notable traits are their highly reflective manes and the mysterious light emitted by their scales which fades from bright, nearly blinding yellow-white into dim red as the dragons get older. Legend claims that they are otherworldly beings that came to this world when a meteor struck.

At first blush the Sapphires don't look particularly elemental, but maybe we'll get some more info. Antreans look promising.

Edited by silver_chan

At first blush the Sapphires don't look particularly elemental, but maybe we'll get some more info. Antareans look promising.

Agreed. But we'd need more info.

I managed to catch 4 antareans and 2 sapphires. Maybe I'll manage to catch another blue pair today when I unlock... but seeing as yesterday, it was easier to catch a CB silver than a sapphire (most awesome misclick of my life), I have some doubt... xd.png

Edited by Lastalda

Oh man, I'm so jealous! I was at work so I couldn't even try hunting for the elusive eggies.

I also managed to get 4 antareans and 2 sapphires myself; I wish the ratio was a little more even, but at least I have one or more breeding pairs for each type, as long as they obey influence.

Unless we get more information on the Sapphire's, I'm going to say that they don't seem very "elemental' to me.

The Antarean's on the other hand do. They gain most of their nutrients from the sun placing them firmly in fire. According to early versions of the dragon, they are drawn to the star Antares. Which is more "cosmos/wind if you consider it =space rather than star=sun. IMHO

Edited by Grandmother_cathie

Googling 'Antarean', I found this. Sounds like our new dragons were inspired by these, huh?

If they are a lot like these guys, I'd say they belong in Life. But we'd need spriter/conceptionist confirmation for that.

Fiona? smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

I don't know Nirami yet but I'm sure she'll be willing to hear from me. She seems willing enough to talk about them. smile.gif

I'm not sure on Sapphires whether Infinis or Shajana came up with the concept. With those two it would be helpful to have some specific questions to ask.