The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

I was able to catch a breeding pair of the undecided ones and both colors of opals within the first hour of the release. So glad I was able to! I haven't managed to catch anymore to give away.

Waving in the corner Hi ! Its been awhile I have had a ton of things going on these past few months but I'm hoping to start back with DC all the time now.I even bred a gold egg tonight smile.gif I hope all is well with everyone and I'm still welcome here after being so flighty.

*hugs Jayme* You're still welcome as far as I'm concerned. Welcome back. Good to see you.

Hi Jayme! :-)

I'll see that I get your spreadsheet as soon as possible, so you can register new dragons. smile.gif

Two-headed Lindwurms are a strange breed that are usuaully only be seen at night—especially when the moons are full and they feel their vigor is at its best for hunting. The rest of the time, these dragons are well-hidden deep within caves or crypts; they enjoy sitting in dark places. Each of their heads has a different mood and personality than the other, and since they have have different brains, they rarely share the same thoughts—and never the same pain. They are so fully separated, one heads can be asleep while the other is awake.

TJ's opalescent egg ones have grown up into these handsome fellows. These are nocturnal, and their vigor is tied to the phases of the moon, so in my opinion they are elemental, in the aspect of Fire.

THL - Agree Yes for Fire (they are soooo pretty! i have 4 tongue.gif)

And welcome back Jayme smile.gif

And the undecided ones grew up, too:

Because of their dual personalities, Duotone Dragons are extremely nervous and indecisive. When confronted, it is often the case that one head wants to fight, while the other wants to run, resulting in the dragon trying to go in two directions at once. They are omnivorous, choosing to eat both vegetation and meat—although perhaps this is just another outcome of their indecisiveness.

Both heads can control the body, with each head having only marginal control on the opposing side of the body; this works when both halves want the same thing, but does not work as well when there is a disagreement. Despite this, Duotone Dragons can fly quite well, but can crash through the trees if one head becomes distracted.

Duotone Dragons can fight, using their large claws and heavy face plates to rent and bash their opponents.

Does not sound elemental to me. (They're probably far too indecisive to choose an element, anyway. tongue.gif)

And the undecided ones grew up, too:

Does not sound elemental to me. (They're probably far too indecisive to choose an element, anyway. tongue.gif)

Agree NO for inclusion.

I agree on Duotones. There's nothing in their description that sounds elemental.

*GAHHH* I still haven't managed to snag a single Two-headed Lindwurm egg sad.gif

Ahh well...patience is a virtue.

Voting:

Two-headed Lindwurm - Yes / Fire

Duotone - No

WELCOME BACK Jayme!

Good to hear from you again!

I don't think, the new ones are Elemental, the Opals maybe, but than I need more reasons, than that they are nocturnal.

especially when the moons are full and they feel their vigor is at its best

Apparently their strength is tied to the phases of the moon. As it waxes so does their vigor, and as it wanes so too would their vigor. That's pretty closely tied to celestial mechanics, in my opinion.

I'm voting Yes for Two-headed Lindwurms in Fire and No for the Duotones.

Also: I snagged my 2nd ever CB Silver in this release as well!! biggrin.gif

Voting no on both new releases, but might be swayed on the lindwurms if we can flesh out the relationship to full moons versus just being more active at night. I think Fiona is on the right track with "celestial mechanics" (plus I just like saying it)! smile.gif

I'm not sure I'm even allowed to vote, but for my two cents, I think the Lindwurms clear the Elemental threshold, if just barely.

Is there any way we can get more info about them?

May I register for this awesome-looking lineage?

FORUM NAME: Evolzar Laggia

SCROLL NAME: Ke-Nan

TIME ZONE: US Mountain Time (soon to change)

I sent a PM to earthgirl. I expect there's more info to be had, since that's generally the case with her. She doesn't really "get" our criteria, so I didn't mention those, but asked about their ties to moonlight. We'll see what she has to say.

Welcome aboard, Evolzar Laggia! This is a great place to play biggrin.gif

Thanks to the generosity of a very sweet friend, I now have ONE Lindwurm egg *happy dancing* (Still haven't managed to catch one on my own *grrrr* but at least now I have one biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif)

Husker - congrats on the CB silver!

silver_chan - of *course* you need to vote silly!

Evolzar - hiya and welcome! smile.gif

Fiona - as always, huge TY for insider info!

Voting...

lindwurm:

yes - Fiona, Lastalda, Zima, deb, Husker, cathie, silver_chan

no - Zeldarax, Pink

duotone:

yes

no - Lastalda, Zima, Fiona, deb, Zeldarax, Husker, cathie, Pink

Hee hee, just checking... hopefully I'll be able to get back into the swing of things soon, but my life is very upheavaly right now. We'll see.

Also I'm voting no on the Dualtones, in case you need to know that too xd.png