The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

I'm pretty sure we count it from the oldest named Elemental dragon in the lineage, even if it's had some other non-elemental names along the way. So I'm pretty sure the example you linked would be 3rd generation Elemental, even though the second gen wasn't.

l

EDIT (SORRY. I'm catching up on the rules lol, okay?!)

Elements are based on the oldest named Element in a lineage - what happens if a generation or two are skipped here and there? Do we still claim it as it's oldest Elemental named gen, or it's oldest UNBROKEN Elemental named generation example

His grandma is my own CB Elemental, but the 2nd gen was off my scroll and not Elementally named. Is it an even 3rd gen Element, or is it a 1st gen Element, 3rd gen DC?

*I* count your example as a 3rd gen Elemental and a 3rd gen DC.

Thanks guys!

Also, what are the green/blue "opals" in the milestones list? Lunar Heralds? o.O

Thanks guys!

Also, what are the green/blue "opals" in the milestones list? Lunar Heralds? o.O

Hi mishii,

These are the Opals;

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PSVny

http://dragcave.net/view/4GB8n

The Lunar Heralds are these beauties:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/QslhQ

http://dragcave.net/view/32eXg

http://dragcave.net/view/zkOTa

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aX5IR

Ohhhh the two headed lindwurms. Thank you kindly. ( *waves* HI ZELDA!)

AUGH I've been working on reorganizing my scroll, updating my Completion/Wish List page, updating my Elemental Verification/Registering spreadsheet (my own personal one, not the Lineage one), and my own personal milestone tracking spreadsheet. For like the last 3 days.

SPREADSHEEEEETS!!! BBC CODESSSSSS.

I'm dreaming about it.

LOL HELP!

SPREADSHEEEEETS!!! BBC CODESSSSSS.

I'm dreaming about it.

Heh, I know the feeling!

Now I try to avoid doing spreadsheet stuff in the evening. xd.png

Welcome back, mishii, and have lots of fun with your new spreadsheet. tongue.gif

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME: mishii

MILESTONE EARNED: 3C: 15 Daydreams

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Green Lindwurm (opal)

VERIFICATION: 5E Spreadsheet (My Personal Spreadsheet)

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME: mishii

MILESTONE EARNED: 6A: 500 Elements!

GIFT REQUESTED: Undecided dry.gif

VERIFICATION: 5E Spreadsheet (My Personal Spreadsheet)

Wooo!

Random question: Do frozen hatchlings count against your limit for the GoN? 3 adults + hatchlings? Or only 3 total of any stage.

Edited by mishii

Random question: Do frozen hatchlings count against your limit for the GoN? 3 adults + hatchlings? Or only 3 total of any stage.

3 total of any stage.

3 total of any stage.

dry.gif So I can only have 1 adult and 2 frozen hatchlings if I want all the sprites.

Darn.

QUESTIONS:

1) Is the Avatar of (Change? Creation?) considered BLUE for the Blue Leeloo? (I mean...it's all blue. The GoN counts.)

2) I have this dragon I discovered: 4th gen Even AIR (possibly - I'm pretty sure that's what I was aiming for)

However, there is a nebula and alt nebula CB - I think I bred it this way in the first place (back in 2011!) - because we counted the alt nebs as a seperate "breed" - is this still the case? (We do include it in the All Inclusive, if I read the new milestones right.)

If so, I can claim this one for 4th gen Leeloo biggrin.gif

If not, I'll figure out something to do with it happy.gif

(I keep finding all these nuggets and I'm like ....What was I doing?)

Edited by mishii

Avatars of Creation are fine in a Blue Leeloo, since they're blue. Avatars of Change or Destruction are not.

The listed breeds for the Blue Leeloo are just the CB breeds, which is why the Creation Avatars aren't among them. They're covered by "All bred dragons in the lineage must be blue, as well." smile.gif

I'm not sure about your 4th gen Air Leeloo. Seeing as it was bred in 2011 I'd say it's probably fine since we counted alt nebulas as a different breed then.

But I'm not sure so would like to hear opinions from other members!

As for nebulas in All-Inclusive Leeloos, they count as one breed, but you must breed the other variety from it.(Like with Sunset/Sunrise and blue/tan Ridgewing.) So you can only use one CB nebula in the base, the other colors need to be bred from it.

(I'm not sure if you actually have to use all 4 colors or just (blue OR purple) and (green OR red). Fiona?)

FORUM NAME: SnowyIcefall

SCROLL NAME: SnowyIcefall

TIME ZONE: CST (Central Standard Time)

UTC/GMT -6 hours

Yaaaay! I get to sort through my dragons now.. biggrin.gif and find out what half the dragons on the elements list even are 0-0 (Never heard or seen of them...;-; )

Edit: I found a dragon that I am unsure if they would count as an Elemental or not ;-;

https://dragcave.net/lineage/3Q4x6

Also I have some CB magelights, mints, and a CB Magi and Deep Sea so On the Registration Form under 5E gen (Even though it says optional I'd still like to know..) would I put 1? (its probably a stupid question But I am know to ask stupid questions tongue.gif)

Edited by SnowyIcefall

Yaaaay! I get to sort through my dragons now.. biggrin.gif and find out what half the dragons on the elements list even are 0-0 (Never heard or seen of them...;-; )

The DC wiki is very useful for being able to look at all the various dragon types.

Edit: I found a dragon that I am unsure if they would count as an Elemental or not ;-;

https://dragcave.net/lineage/3Q4x6

Yes, that dragon is elemental! All of its ancestors are either Silver Dragons (Earth element) or Water dragons (Water element). Since all of its ancestors are elemental, so is it!

Also I have some CB magelights, mints, and a CB Magi and Deep Sea so On the Registration Form under 5E gen (Even though it says optional I'd still like to know..) would I put 1? (its probably a stupid question But I am know to ask stupid questions tongue.gif)

CBs will always count as gen 1 for DC and gen 1 elemental.

CBs will always count as gen 1 for DC and gen 1 elemental.

Ah yes. Thank you. It would appear logic fled out the window when I posted that...it does have a tendency to do that when it would be most useful tongue.gif

Thank you though!! biggrin.gif

And yay! The water is elemental! (I had a feeling it was but just wanted to ask to make sure ;-; )

Question regarding Leeloos - just want to confirm about Lunar Heralds, Xenos, and the Nebulas - Their CBs can have alt colors. Heralds and Xenos are listed as separate breeds in the Breed Lists, but Nebulas are listed as one.

I can use multiple colors of Xenos and Herald CBs in a leeloo, but not Nebula. Is this correct? (Back before my hiatus, I think we counted the Alt Nebulas as their own breed.)

This also applies to that 4th gen leeloo I asked about previously (this one), still trying to get a consensus on that. (although I might just claim that one anyway, since I bred it and claimed it back in 2011 before I left on hiatus. Pretty sure I wouldn't have bred it that way if it wasn't going to count....dry.gif)

I'm in my planning stages and am eyeball deep in spreadsheets lol. I've got blanks to fill in!

@mishii: sometime last year we defined when different colors are counted as different breeds and when not.

The rule we ended up with after the vote was "Subspecies are accepted as individual breeds if they have different egg sprites or different adult descriptions, or both." (Which can be found on the first page under "Adding new breeds".)

(But the decision to count nebulas as one breed happened before then, I think actually before I joined (in 2013?)).)

Generally, for Leeloos breeds count as separate if listed as such. So you can use all 4 Lunar Heralds or all 6 Xenowyrms as separate CBs in one Leeloo (but only one Nebula).

BUT for the All-Inclusive Leeloo the concept is to squish as many breeds as possible into it. So for this particular Leeloo, you need to breed every breed that can be bred from others. So in an All-Inclusive-Leeloo, you can only une one Xenowyrm and one Lunar Herald and one seasonal and one Nebula as CBs. The other colors/subspecies have to be bred from them in the higher generations.

Just like sunset and sunrise are separate breeds, so can both be used together in normal Leeloos, but in the All-Inclusive, you need to breed one from the other.

Does that make it clearer?

"Subspecies are accepted as individual breeds if they have different egg sprites or different adult descriptions, or both."

Missed that line. I rather agree with it though! Makes a lot of sense.

Well, if nobody objects, I'm going to just claim the already bred AIR 4G leeloo even though it has 2x Nebula, since from the info, I think it was before Nebs switched to being a single breed (way back in 2011). ninja.gif

I've just spent half the weekend (finally) planning my first Leeloo. So much breeding to do! It'll probably take me years to finish. tongue.gif

Before I start breeding, would someone please check my plan to make sure it fits requirements for the all-inclusive? I want to be sure before I embark on such an ambitious project!

Leeloo Plan Here. It obviously doesn't take into account refusals, but I'll replace dragons as needed in case of refusals.

Also, Thalassa Xenowyrms aren't listed on the first page, are they still elemental? I thought they were?

It looks right to me. FYI, there are enough breeds to fill a 7th gen. Howeve, waiting for a couple new breeds is ok too.

And yes, Thalassa's are elemental. Maybe Lastalda just missed them when redoing the front page?

Yes, there are enough breeds to fill the 7th gen, but I don't have any of them other than what is listed there. I have no CB Shadow Walkers, no CB Almandines, no CB Winter Magi, and no CB Prizes (of course tongue.gif ). I think those are the only ones I skipped?

Anyway, this means I've been finally getting around to registering dragons and whatnot. I should start claiming my first milestones. smile.gif

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME: Lavinia

MILESTONE EARNED: 1a. 15 total elements

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Day Glory

VERIFICATION: 5e spreadsheet

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 1b. 1 element in each category

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Day Glory

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 2a. 50 total elements

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Nebula (red if possible)

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 3a. 100 total elements

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Ice

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 3c. 15 elements of one breed (Shadow Walker)

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Ice

@Lavinia: Isn't Leeloo Planning FUN??

It actually took me over a year to get my first Leeloo done, because of: THESE TWO JERKS

I was aiming for a white, for a rainbow leeloo (before Rainbow Leeloos were a thing).

Started breeding Jan 19th, 2011, and finally got a white Feb 16, 2012.

Finished the Leeloo Jul 9, 2012.

Also, these two: I needed that first Bluna (the Latin name). Part of a mate for the leeloo project.

BUT IT WAS SO SATISFYING WHEN I FINALLY FINISHED.

Edit to add: Are we allowed to use 2nd gens (specifically holiday/tinsel/shimmer/metals) not bred from our scroll for the all inclusive, considering some holidays may no longer be available as CB to some of us (and CB metallics are like...well. You know.)? Same goes for non holiday/etc 2Gs from before-mentioned holidays, etc. I need to plan my own all inclusive as well, lol! (thanks for the kick in the pants, Lavinia, lol!) We are allowed to use bred 2G metals/tinsel/shimmers for the Metallic Leeloo, but not their common offspring, if it's from another scroll. (which is why I'm asking)

Edited by mishii