The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

You're welcome. smile.gif

To be honest, I'm very relieved we finally have this settled. xd.png

I'm postponing the whole "Cleaning up the Open Milestones" project (PMing all members about open Milestones so they can claim them or exchanging them for their current value and claim that) until next year, though. tongue.gif

Oh, something I forgot:

Grandfather requests:

If you have an almost-finished Milestone goal that was only contained in the old list but not in the new one, please post a Grandfathering Request Form so we can decide whether you can still claim the old reward.

@all: what rules have you guys used in the past to decide which grandfathering requests are ok?

E.g., if someone was working on a 6th gen metallic Leeloo, how far along would that have to be now to be allowed to still claim the CB silver for this? Something like "3 successfull breedings left" sounds appropriate to me for this size of Leeloo, but I honestly have no clue how this works!

Help! tongue.gif

Edited by Lastalda

I think that sounds about right, Lastalda. Of course, I'm not a mod, but when we grandfathered stuff before it was for stuff that was mostly done.

Before I start breeding my CB and the like and start dropping them on random trades-people, are there any 5E peeps that are looking for something in particular from Christmas breeds past that my family can breed for you?

stupid internet provider cut off my internet just because I didn't pay on time >.> now I return to internet 3 days away before the current event ends, now I don't know if I'll even be able to breed my holiday dragons on time and still be able to capture others! what should I do? please help me! sad.gif :'(

I'm sorry, Ryu! I gyess just do what you can. The event wasn't supposed to be anything special, but i'd do at least one day of playing to get the badge just in case it actually is. Also good luck with breeding/catching! I think there are still some drifting around in the AP at least.

Yeah, they were some at the AP that I managed to get.... But just today I noticed something, you see, all my bred holliday dragons gendered and, well I thought they all had an specific gender (for each species) like the Ribbon Dancers are all females, the Winter Magis are all males, but my mistletoes gendered and, they're one male and one female, and I checked my Mistletoes form last year and they are both male so... is this a new improvement to the dragons or is there like a glitch or something?

Yeah, they were some at the AP that I managed to get.... But just today I noticed something, you see, all my bred holliday dragons gendered and, well I thought they all had an specific gender (for each species) like the Ribbon Dancers are all females, the Winter Magis are all males, but my mistletoes gendered and, they're one male and one female, and I checked my Mistletoes form last year and they are both male so... is this a new improvement to the dragons or is there like a glitch or something?

This was not very well announced, although people have tried to spread word as best as possible. It was no glitch.

The Mistletoes were designed to be a counterpart to the Hollies - the release year all one gender (the Hollies were male so the Mistletoes were female) and then able to be either gender after that. It was part of the spriters' concept.

Woah! I had no idea Mistletoes were doing that. So cool! Hopefully I'll get some from the ap soon.

Well, TJ's dragons grew up this morning. Birdz revealed that they're called Aegis dragons. There's no more info yet but we're promised that it's coming.

From their appearance I'd say there's going to be some relationship to snow and ice.

ETA: Not much info added for Aegis dragons, but birdz did post this:

Aegis Dragons are benevolent, gentle dragons.

They have the ability to fly using magic.

They're fairly large, about the size of an adult elephant when fully grown.

They have short, fine fur covering their bodies.

Their fur and manes are pillowy-soft, like down.

Due to their kind nature, they can't stand seeing something wrong happen.

Being naughty with an Aegis nearby is never a good thing, because that will set one off into a rage that's hard to quell... so make sure to be nice, okay? Not everything is always as it seems.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Well, TJ's dragons grew up this morning. Birdz revealed that they're called Aegis dragons. There's no more info yet but we're promised that it's coming.

From their appearance I'd say there's going to be some relationship to snow and ice.

Waiting patiently for more information, cause theses are lovely souls.

I would love to include them in the lineage, so I hope we get more information about them soon!

And now Odeen posted this:

In the presence of naughty behavior, the normally-gentle Aegis flies into an uncontrollable rage.

When enraged, the Aegis dragon smells distinctly of charred earth.

His eyes glow bright red with bloodwrath, and his talons grow long and hooked.

His mane is an untamed, coarse, twiggy mess.

Enraged Aegis dragons will hunt down the object of their anger with destructive intent until the wrongdoer either repents or is killed.

They will remain enraged until such time as someone manages to pacify them.

Peeks in its Jayme. It's been awhile I had to start my forum account over. I see a few names I knew before waves hi ! I've collected a few dragons since I've been gone but am behind. I've got to go through the new eligible dragons but if I can help by breeding I'm more than willing to. I hope everyone has a great new year

So far they don't seem particularly Elemental, just super scary xd.png

I'm still hoping for more information, so we'll see.

/waves at Jayme

Edited by silver_chan

I think the "Elemental" part comes in and will be decided how they go thru the change process, and how exactly they enact their revenge and justice. Because the thing that seems to make them the most upset is the "mindless murder of dragons", but from a lore standpoint, I guess it could be a variety of reasons.

We aren't just talking about a dragon who becomes enraged and bent on justice. We are talking about Morphing magic there too because ... The change color, its like a were or Jekyll/Hyde change. That seems to involve some "magic" of some sort. Maybe it has "Elemental" roots.

Odeen described them as "the paladins of the dragon world" in IRC (I think Odie used that term elsewhere too). How do they decide what is and is not good and evil? Do they have a way of "tracking down and hunting" or "questing" to find the object of their rage and bring them to justice? Do they have others assist them? How do they encourage other to assist them? Out of fear, loyalty, etc?

While its probably going to lean more towards life if any, since this only has Five and DC now has what... 12? We are looking at a Life/Light based dragon. Additionally they create Avatars of Creation. Even when enraged. Not Destruction, not change. So no Chaos in this mix. It seems bent on justice for good (even if the means seem chaotic and/or destructive or terrifying) and murder seems to set them off more than most other things.

So we probably need to wait until we get a bit more on the details. Of course, we could always reach out to birdz and/or odie and see if maybe we can get a post out of them when things settle for them a bit.

And Happy New Years and all that Jazz! Hope you had a great Holiday. Goodness I miss the sun and slightly warmer weather. Not hot, just a lil warmer is all...

Hmm, I guess I could see them being in Life... I forgot that we'd changed the rules slightly to include highly magical dragons in that category.

Either way, I'm definitely not voting until we get some more details about the breed.

Gonna post this Teleport Gold Egg Here and on the Even Gen Thread. Gone thanks!

Edited by natayah

Happy New Year, everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a great year ahead of you. smile.gif

@Jayme: welcome back. smile.gif

Aegis dragons... sounds like a great concept, but I'm not convinced it fits our elements. Definitely scary, though. They might fit in Life, but it's a tentative call...

More information would be very helpful.

Welcome Dark_Angel!

I need to contact Birdzgoboom about Aegis dragons. I've been a little busy. I'll try to get that done soon. I can't vote in favor at this point either, but we don't have a lot of info on them.

I'd like to join!

FORUM NAME: Dark_Angel12345

Welcome Dark_Angel!

I like the Aegis Dragons, but with only the current information, I would have to vote no.

That's lovely. I can look for a trade for one, but don't have one on hand.